best mk

mk 64 and snes mk 33 18.23%

mk dd 71 39.23%

mk ds 18 9.94%

mk wii 32 17.68%

mk 3ds 19 10.50%

mortal kombat 8 4.42%

Total:181

I liked MKDS the most I think, but Double Dash is very good as well. It's my favorite console MK

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
Arius Dion said:

Not at all. I'm not saying because of its sales that it sucked..It just sucked, and then the sales followed ; ) It most certainly was not great. The battlemode was crap, the racing was crap, the level design was lacking. Two persons per kart? Gimme a break. 

And why is it that it sucked? Because it was different? Because it isn't what you wanted?

As a fan of the original SNES MK and the N64 MK up to that point, No, it wasn't what I wanted. And judging by the market reaction, it wasn't what most fans wanted. 

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Good game, though I always disliked the artstyle. A lot of the courses seemed like they were made of plastic.

Remove Mario Kart GBA, and Mario Kart Double Dash was by far the worst in the franchise. Terrible tracks and a completely broken combat system.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:
Remove Mario Kart GBA, and Mario Kart Double Dash was by far the worst in the franchise. Terrible tracks and a completely broken combat system.

How so?

Around the Network

I agree. Double Dash is the best. I haven't played 7 yet, so that opinion is subject to change.

And who knows? Mario Kart 8 might blow them all out of the water. I only tried three tracks, but the game plays like a dream.

Replayed it today for the first time in yeeears - I had forgotten what an absolute joy DD is to play. So much more responsive and refined than MKWii (which I enjoyed!). In particular the collision detection seems way more precise than in MKWii. I remember in DD we used to shoot the Bobomb cars backwards with a green shell... in MKWii it would hardly ever work.

I'm still mad at reviewers like IGN, who (back then) dismissed DD as barely different from MK64. Such ignorance. DD feels fast, the physics are immensely satisfying, duels can be super intense... still the ultimate MK in my opinion, and I've been karting since the original.

It's a typical problem with Nintendo's A franchises: People start taking it for granted. Top of the industry, but people don't see the level of quality anymore. 

Best kart racers I have played:

1) Mario Kart Wii
2) Diddy Kong Racing
3) Super Mario Kart
4) Mario Kart 64
5) Mario Kart: Double Dash!!

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

DD has the better physics and visuals easily, its much more of a racing game tan any other MK, it requires much tighter handling tech

DieAppleDie said:
DD has the better physics and visuals easily, its much more of a racing game tan any other MK, it requires much tighter handling tech

DD better graphics than MKWii?