By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Killer Instinct: VIDEO ADDED Chief Thunder Teaser UUUUUUULTTRAAAA COOOOMBOOO!!!

What is the next character you would like to see in KI?

Cinder 23 21.90%

Riptor 13 12.38%

Fulgore 26 24.76%

TJ Combo 7 6.67%

Spinal 9 8.57%

Chief Thunder 4 3.81%

Eyedol 1 0.95%

Kim Wu 1 0.95%

Maya 7 6.67%

Other 9 8.57%

Total:100
JayWood2010 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
sales2099 said:
glad to know it was MS, and not the game, that got the booing

I would've been more inclined to believe this. I don't believe with the reception KI got at E3 that they would get booed at EVO.

I watched it live, this is exactly what happened.  As soon as they mentioned they have a great relationship with MSFT the fans booed.  They never actually booed KI but cheered for Chief Thunder.  

Sadly articles like that will paint the wrong picture for people though because it left details out like this.

Yep, they omitted details alright, problem is fighting fans are a very strong and core group kind of like ECW fans to the WWE (if you understand that) that are loud and obnoxious when they want to be. They play the games most people aren't even willing to touch and have been keeping those franchises alive when they should be dead (like KOF and Blaz Blue).

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:
Just_Rocco said:
^ This

I looked in the thread and people commenting was mostly people defending it.  That is what i dont understand.  People need to learn to ignore things sometimes.  Threads dont survive if you dont pay attention to them.

I was thinking the same thing. Let them post but when you do you're helping them not anything else. Everyone's guilty of it though. Agendas usually are transparent. 

S.T.A.G.E. said:
JayWood2010 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

I watched it live, this is exactly what happened.  As soon as they mentioned they have a great relationship with MSFT the fans booed.  They never actually booed KI but cheered for Chief Thunder.  

Sadly articles like that will paint the wrong picture for people though because it left details out like this.

Yep, they omitted details alright, problem is fighting fans are a very strong and core group kind of like ECW fans to the WWE (if you understand that) that are loud and obnoxious when they want to be. They play the games most people aren't even willing to touch and have been keeping those franchises alive when they should be dead (like KOF and Blaz Blue).

Yeah i understand what you are saying lol  I use to watch WWE when i was younger and the fans can be a little touchy about specific things lol

And yeah watching EVO for the last few days i was kind of surprised at some of the games that are still being played competitively.   Was the first EVO i watched but i actually enjoyed it a lot.  Specially the KOF tourny.  I didnt care for SFIV though.  I dont like how people spam the energy blasts in that game.  

Only fighting game besides Smash that i like. Damn Rare!!

POE said:

Rare wasn't involved in the remake, its Double Helix.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
POE said:

Double Helix got input/ideas from some of the people who worked on the origional Killer Instinct at Rare. (Which not many are still at the company.)

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

S.T.A.G.E. said:
POE said:

I know but it´s rare ´s ip. Thats why its only on xbox one

POE said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

I know but it´s rare ´s ip. Thats why its only on xbox one

True. It almost feels like a dirty word saying that without Nintendo being at the forefront. Childhood. ::Sigh::

Nice

tuscaniman99 said:
@DevilRising
Actually I'm a 3D modeling and animation major with a Fine Arts degree background. I have a pretty good idea about what is a successful design element and what isn't. If you think having generic looking characters in spandex with a little ice on them with no face is a better design concept than this then you need help.

*Claims he has some background in graphics field*

*Intimates that somehow makes his opinion on video game graphics/art style more valid than anyone else who doesn't have said background*

*Diminishes own supposedly educated opinion on subject with snarky attitude*

Congratulations sir, you win the internet.