By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Technical breakdown on Next-Gen Game Consoles GPU

Scoobes said:
maybetomorrow said:

Mother of mercy, still with the tale of the 4000 series? The Wii U GPU, on today, is a complete mistery. There are even rumors that is based on three models of AMD. Worst of all is that some believe the lies of Marcan about the CPU and GPU. Only a dev kit can said the true, or Nintendo, no the suppositions of 4 attentions whores

If you're going to try and discredit people at least give good reason and/or sources. Marcan has working code on WiiU hardware so we're supposed to take your word over his because...?

First of all, Marcan not say from which is derived the specifications. The console hardware not detail the specifications in his internal code, this is a lie, only a PC or a DEV KIT can do that. The worts, this guy don't say nothing of how already done, suspect. The OS of Wii U is gelding in system information, is enabled only for four things.
Nintendo has done a good job hiding or better, eliminated, certain things like system specifications

Around the Network

Why does the DDR3 RAM in the WiiU provide only 12.8 GB/sec compared to the X1 RAM? I understand it should be lower, but why that much lower?

LemonSlice said:

Why does the DDR3 RAM in the WiiU provide only 12.8 GB/sec compared to the X1 RAM? I understand it should be lower, but why that much lower?

because of the 64bit memory controller used by the RAM in Wii U which was revelead when it was teardown, where xbox one uses 256bit memory controller like PS4.

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.

I'm trying to figure out why people attach "Up to 1000 GB/sec EDRAM" bandwidth with Wii U? What I've found everywhere else, is 70,4 Gb/s...

biglittlesps said:
LemonSlice said:

because of the 64bit memory controller used by the RAM in Wii U which was revelead when it was teardown, where xbox one uses 256bit memory controller like PS4.

Eh? I didn't expect it to be only 64bit, wow.

Around the Network
Tom3k said:
I'm trying to figure out why people attach "Up to 1000 GB/sec EDRAM" bandwidth with Wii U? What I've found everywhere else, is 70,4 Gb/s...

I did this because of the recent details revelead by Mark cerney in his PS4 presentation about EDRAM with 1000GB/sec in ps4 as one option with 128bit GDDR5 for 1088 GB/sec bandwidth. So, in best case Wii U may have this max speed and this is the reason why i did say up to instead of a single true value.

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

biglittlesps said:
Tom3k said:

I did this because of the recent details revelead by Mark cerney in his PS4 presentation about EDRAM with 1000GB/sec in ps4 as one option with 128bit GDDR5 for 1088 GB/sec bandwidth. So, in best case Wii U may have this max speed and this is the reason why i did say up to instead of a single true value.

I think you mean 108.8?

You don't have to be smart to know that the PS4 GPU is better. and its also $100 cheaper. :D

In every single category, the PS4 bests the Xbox One. Now, PS4 has the games and it also has the price advantage too!

AnthonyW86 said:
biglittlesps said:
Tom3k said:

I think you mean 108.8?

No, its 1088 GB/sec. Check the Mark cerny Gamelab PS4 presentation.

maybetomorrow said:
Scoobes said:

If you're going to try and discredit people at least give good reason and/or sources. Marcan has working code on WiiU hardware so we're supposed to take your word over his because...?

First of all, Marcan not say from which is derived the specifications. The console hardware not detail the specifications in his internal code, this is a lie, only a PC or a DEV KIT can do that. The worts, this guy don't say nothing of how already done, suspect. The OS of Wii U is gelding in system information, is enabled only for four things.
Nintendo has done a good job hiding or better, eliminated, certain things like system specifications

So it basically comes down to you not believing his claims. Considering the fail0verflow team have hacked pretty much all the current gen consoles I'm more inclined to believe their WiiU claims and the general direction they're taking in the homebrew scene:

http://fail0verflow.com/blog/2013/espresso.html