By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Technical breakdown on Next-Gen Game Consoles GPU

Wii u uses gddr5 ram

Around the Network
cuberandgamer said:
Wii u uses gddr5 ram

No, it uses DDR3 ram and EDRAM as buffer.

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.

Thank you for this thread and the work you put into it.

those wii u specs shouldn't be included since many of it is pure speculation. the 352 gflop part is not even speculation, it's pure delusion.

LemonSlice said:
Thank you for this thread and the work you put into it.

You're welcome, i just wanted that everybody should have some idea about this, since mostly we discuss about the hardware untill the console is releasd so I thought its best if we have a reference for this discussion.

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Around the Network
Zero999 said:

those wii u specs shouldn't be included since many of it is pure speculation. the 352 gflop part is not even speculation, it's pure delusion.

Most of them are calculated based on the base GPU clocks and units that present it the hardware. I've included some details as well like how it gives 352 GFLOPS (Stream processors x GPU Clock x Operations that SP can do which ADD+MUL same time[according to architecture]). Don't worry I'll update the details as soon as we find out more about Wii U, for now we know about this only so far.

Zero999 said:

As long as he keeps updating as new information becomes available and references it in his post I don't see the problem.

maybetomorrow said:

Mother of mercy, still with the tale of the 4000 series? The Wii U GPU, on today, is a complete mistery. There are even rumors that is based on three models of AMD. Worst of all is that some believe the lies of Marcan about the CPU and GPU. Only a dev kit can said the true, or Nintendo, no the suppositions of 4 attentions whores

If you're going to try and discredit people at least give good reason and/or sources. Marcan has working code on WiiU hardware so we're supposed to take your word over his because...?

ninjablade said:
haxxiy said:
ninjablade said:

the wiiu hardware is all wrong if you understand about tech, read these 2 pages. http://beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=60501&page=211

I thought you might be talking BS but I checked the power consumption and the manufacturing process and indeed it seems inconsistent with hardware delivering above some 250 GFLOPS or so. That would be a major bummer but perhaps the games tested didn't push hardware to the max, so I'm going to give it the benefit of doubt, since the chip itself seems a lot like a lesser RV740.

well it makes perfect sense, looking at how most mulitplatform games run worst and how a few developers had said wiiu is weaker or on par with current gen, there is no way a developer would say that if it had a gpu which is almost 2x more powerful then currentgen.

http://www.gamespot.com/features/xbox-vs-xbox-360-do-you-really-need-hd-6140621/

biglittlesps said:
Zero999 said:

Most of them are calculated based on the base GPU clocks and units that present it the hardware. I've included some details as well like how it gives 352 GFLOPS (Stream processors x GPU Clock x Operations that SP can do which ADD+MUL same time[according to architecture]). Don't worry I'll update the details as soon as we find out more about Wii U, for now we know about this only so far.

knowing the gpu clock doesnt matter if you dont know wich gpu is.

last sentence bolded: that's my point, those are not KNOWN things, it's mostly speculative and/or obvious lies.