By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Shouldn't we give reparations to Native Americans?

spurgeonryan said:

Not only did we steal their land, rape their women, murder   ( Millions?) of them, and still have them struggle, but we have not given them hardly any reparations.

I didn't, and it didn't happen to the indians that are alive now.  The acts of my forefathers have nothing to do with me and I don't feel people should have any special treatment because their forefathers had it hard.  Except for Mexicans, minorities already get too much special treatment.

Around the Network
kupomogli said:

I didn't, and it didn't happen to the indians that are alive now.  The acts of my forefathers have nothing to do with me and I don't feel people should have any special treatment because their forefathers had it hard.  Except for Mexicans, minorities already get too much special treatment.

Just for the sake of argument, if someone in a lot of financial debt dies, that debt doesn't just vanish.

Likewise, if one President or administration goes to war with another country and pisses them off, then they attack us during the term of his successor, "Don't look at me, it was my predecessor who attacked you," won't be a very compelling argument.

the_dengle said:
kupomogli said:

Just for the sake of argument, if someone in a lot of financial debt dies, that debt doesn't just vanish.

Likewise, if one President or administration goes to war with another country and pisses them off, then they attack us during the term of his successor, "Don't look at me, it was my predecessor who attacked you," won't be a very compelling argument.

Yes it does.   I mean, their property gets sold off but that's it.  Kids don't inhert debt or anything.

The U.S. has no problems giving Jews land in another side of the planet (Israel), but when it comes to giving Native Americans land from their own country, suddenly they don't think it's necessary. No wonder the U.S. isn't seen in the greatest light by the majority of the world's population.

"Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire

Platinumed Destiny, Vanquish, Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus, Catherine, and Metal Gear Rising. Get on my level!!

Get your Portable ID!                                                                                     

I like money.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Around the Network
Icy-Zone said:
The U.S. has no problems giving Jews land in another side of the planet (Israel), but when it comes to giving Native Americans land from their own country, suddenly they don't think it's necessary. No wonder the U.S. isn't seen in the greatest light by the majority of the world's population.

Wrong United country there.

It was the United Kingdom that gave the Jews Israel.  After the Jews had bought a lot of it from arabs already.

Kasz216 said:
Icy-Zone said:

Wrong United country there.

It was the United Kingdom that gave the Jews Israel.  After the Jews had bought a lot of it from arabs already.

And the U.S. didn't support the move?

"Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire

Platinumed Destiny, Vanquish, Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus, Catherine, and Metal Gear Rising. Get on my level!!

Get your Portable ID!                                                                                     

Well, I don't know how it is in the US, but in Canada, legally-recognized natives don't have to pay taxes.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

why? they lost the war...

34 years playing games.

Hilary Clinton had come here to Latvia last year, to preach us that we must give Jews their pre-war properties back. Need I say that that made people angry and tell her (anonymously on the internet) to go back to her USA and give Indians their lands back...

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.