Steam Cards, are you feeling it?

Yes! Love this idea, I pl... 5 7.94%

It's cool, I'm interest... 10 15.87%

I'm intrigued but doubt I'll get into it 20 31.75%

Not too keen on it but it... 7 11.11%

No, this idea is awful, why Steam why?! 9 14.29%

Steam cards? What the heck is that? 12 19.05%

Total:63

I've bought a couple of games during the steam sale and got no exps, I don't think buying games net you anything.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network
Ajescent said:
I've bought a couple of games during the steam sale and got no exps, I don't think buying games net you anything.

During the steam sale, you get a card for every $10 spent

As for XP, the gain you get from that is much smaller, and will just add extra XP to one of your badges. For example, i have "power player" for owning over 100 games and the XP value increases each time I buy something, though I don't know precisely how that works. Right now, it is 106 games owned for 329xp

All in all, I would have liked something for hours played and achievements gained

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

You forgot the other option, "I don't care."

I suppose the middle one is the one closest to your choice.

Around the Network

Quick question, say I've got 3 cards out of 6 for a game and that's the maximum that will drop for the game - if I sell one do I get a chance of another drop? or do I have to buy/trade the remaining 4 now?

mibuokami said:

Quick question, say I've got 3 cards out of 6 for a game and that's the maximum that will drop for the game - if I sell one do I get a chance of another drop? or do I have to buy/trade the remaining 4 now?

I got all 3 drops in Football Manager and sold the duplicate. It now says I have 2 with no more card drops remaining, so you only get that set number of drops even if you sell/trade one

As far as I know, you still get a chance of drops, they are just more rare and come in a booster pack (the probability of which increases with level)

Personally, I have played 2 hours of FTL and got 2 drops, so the drop rate for the base cards is reasonably high, but then I guess it gets much lower for booster packs

I also don't know if booster packs only have cards for the game that you get the drop from

Munkeh111 said:

I got all 3 drops in Football Manager and sold the duplicate. It now says I have 2 with no more card drops remaining, so you only get that set number of drops even if you sell/trade one

As far as I know, you still get a chance of drops, they are just more rare and come in a booster pack (the probability of which increases with level)

Personally, I have played 2 hours of FTL and got 2 drops, so the drop rate for the base cards is reasonably high, but then I guess it gets much lower for booster packs

I also don't know if booster packs only have cards for the game that you get the drop from

Thanks - I just realize this... also realize that the damn set of cards once you craft a badge can do so mutliple time - WHAT IS VALVE DOING TO ME?? ><

mibuokami said:
Munkeh111 said:

Thanks - I just realize this... also realize that the damn set of cards once you craft a badge can do so mutliple time - WHAT IS VALVE DOING TO ME?? ><

I really don't know, I can see this is pointless, but I have just dragged myself out of bed specifically to vote so I can get more trading cards...

Also, I think I was slightly wrong about the booster pack

How can I get a booster pack?
Once you have received all of your card drops, you become eligible for a booster pack, which is a set of 3 trading cards that may include both basic and foil cards. Booster packs are granted randomly to eligible users as more badges are crafted by members of the community. Make sure you log in to Steam each week to maintain eligibility. 

Once eligible, your Steam Level increases your rate of receiving a booster pack drop:
  • Level 10: +20% increase in your drop rate
  • Level 20: +40% increase in your drop rate
  • Level 30: +60% increase in your drop rate
  • Level 40: +80% increase in your drop rate
  • Level 50: +100% increase in your drop rate (i.e. the rate has doubled)
  • Etc.

Munkeh111 said:

I really don't know, I can see this is pointless, but I have just dragged myself out of bed specifically to vote so I can get more trading cards...

Also, I think I was slightly wrong about the booster pack

How can I get a booster pack?
Once you have received all of your card drops, you become eligible for a booster pack, which is a set of 3 trading cards that may include both basic and foil cards. Booster packs are granted randomly to eligible users as more badges are crafted by members of the community. Make sure you log in to Steam each week to maintain eligibility. 

Once eligible, your Steam Level increases your rate of receiving a booster pack drop:
  • Level 10: +20% increase in your drop rate
  • Level 20: +40% increase in your drop rate
  • Level 30: +60% increase in your drop rate
  • Level 40: +80% increase in your drop rate
  • Level 50: +100% increase in your drop rate (i.e. the rate has doubled)
  • Etc.

Is there a base % rate? Those numbers means nothing unless we know the base rate...