I'm intrigued but doubt I'll get into it 20 31.75%

Not too keen on it but it... 7 11.11%

No, this idea is awful, why Steam why?! 9 14.29%

Steam cards? What the heck is that? 12 19.05%

Total:63
Zkuq said:
Munkeh111 said:
Zkuq said:

Oh, I see. Well, you got lucky anyway, booster packs seem kind of rare. Getting even a single one seems pretty hard.

Hard is not the right word, it is completely random, not even dependent on how much you play. You just need to log in each week to "maintain eligibility"

I don't really like that, I would rather being able to do something to get these cards rather than just waiting and only playing games for ~5 hours

Yeah, not really hard, but... well, you don't get them at all often because it's so random and rare. And I agree, it's too random, I don't like it either. I could just put the games running while I do something else and get cards that way. I just got a card in Total War: Shogun 2 when I started it up, went to look something related to the game online, and then Steam decided to tell me I had a new item. It was a Shogun 2 card, I got it just by starting the game and going to see something online (the camera settings of the game, to be precise).

Yeah, if you just leave the game running for 4-5 hours, you'll have all the cards. I would rather just play the games I guess... I thought that this was meant to just encourage you to play games more

Around the Network
Munkeh111 said:

Yeah, if you just leave the game running for 4-5 hours, you'll have all the cards. I would rather just play the games I guess... I thought that this was meant to just encourage you to play games more

Well, personally I find it does encourage me to play games... But at the same time, the frustration caused by the randomness and the inability to actually do almost anything to complete a set encourages leaving games running and doing something else at the same time, and I generally despise such action.

Personally I think the trading card system just encourages spending money. People will spend money on cards, people will find it easier to spend money on games as well. People who get money by selling their cards will spend the money on games. Valve wins, publishers win, developers win, because they get more money. But it doesn't encourage playing games a lot, 4-5 hours isn't very much for a game. I suppose it does encourage trying out more games, though.