By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Donkey Kong Country vs Super Mario Bros vs Rayman vs Sonic

Mario Won 90 votes, DKC 2nd 70 votes, Sonic 30 votes, Rayman 20 votes

I rounded them off since someone cheated 4 13.33%

All great platformers :) 9 30.00%

Also a shout out for the ... 1 3.33%

Battle Block Theater 1 3.33%

Super meat boy 1 3.33%

Limbo 2 6.67%

Little Big Planet 12 40.00%

Total:30

My top platformers at the moment are Rayman and Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams and LBP. Loved Klonoa too.

I'll always have a special place in my heart for Mario, but I think the 2d series has just got very stale. And I'm really worried about the direction of the 3D series.

Sonic games have always been a bit hit or miss, Generations was good though and the next game looks good too.

Around the Network

There are some games like Super Meat Boy, Splosion Man, and Mark of the Ninja that are right up there with the industry's best. You get a feeling of zen when you play them.

If I count only recent additions I've played (ie. NSMBW vs. DKCR vs. Rayman) Donkey Kong Country comes out ahead closely followed by Super Mario Bros.

If we factor in every game in the series, Super Mario Bros. crushes every other series handily.

Signature goes here!

Rayman for me. I've only played Origins (plus the demo of Legends) and I have to say that it's by far the best platformer I've ever played. Everything about it was perfect, but especially the art work and music. The controls are also superb and fluid, unlike Lbp which sometimes feels like a chore playing.

Edit: Never played Donkey Kong Country, never enjoyed playing Sonic and Mario is still great, but not as good as Rayman (not even the 3d series).

naruball said:
Rayman for me. I've only played Origins (plus the demo of Legends) and I have to say that it's by far the best platformer I've ever played. Everything about it was perfect, but especially the art work and music. The controls are also superb and fluid, unlike Lbp which sometimes feels like a chore playing.

You poor thing, if LBP was your reference for platformer controls it's no wonder you were wowed by Rayman.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

Not much love for Rayman and Sonic I see xD. Well in my opinion they are all good franchises and I played game from all and like them a lot but my favourite is Sonic by a lot. Even tough everyone laughs at him I still love Sonic games... except those that really suck like sonic 2006 xD.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

TruckOSaurus said:
naruball said:

You poor thing, if LBP was your reference for platformer controls it's no wonder you were wowed by Rayman.

Haha. No, I only mentioned LBP because I think it's the most innovative platfomer ever and I've had tons of fun playing multiplayer with friends, but the controls are really not for me. Mario controls are great, but not as good as Rayman ones. LBP in terms of controls is the exact opposite of Rayman for me. Does that make sense?

naruball said:

Haha. No, I only mentioned LBP because I think it's the most innovative platfomer ever and I've had tons of fun playing multiplayer with friends, but the controls are really not for me. Mario controls are great, but not as good as Rayman ones. LBP in terms of controls is the exact opposite of Rayman for me. Does that make sense?

Yes it does. Tight and responsive vs. loose and floaty.

Signature goes here!

1) Super Mario Bros.
2) Donkey Kong Country

Metroid

and Metal Warrior.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results