By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One Petition to bring back restrictions [DRM]?

Do you want micosoft to bring back the old Xbox One policies?

Yes! I actually liked the extra features 172 37.15%

No! I hated the DRM 189 40.82%

No! it was the reason i w... 102 22.03%

Total:463

GO petition Go!

Around the Network

ok so now that the storm has past.... in all honesty who that DRM policy would have hurt???? I mean really???

cause DRMs have been present in many media markets now and nobody has actually suffered from it.... I never watched that many movies legally than now same goes for listening to music....

before you go bashing, me I plan to go DD only so the DRM change doesn't really concerns me....

but if I look at my habits today I don't see what would have changed for me and probably a huge majority of the 70 millions of gamers on XB.... I personally buy used games from gamestop and trade them there when they have good deals, I rarely lend my games to more than couple people that have been in my friend list for more than 30 days and I mostly (except one) buy games new (still sealed) on eBay..... all those things would have still be possible with the DRM policy in place and arguably could have eventually driven the price down(yeah I know it has to be proven)....
but still concretely what would have fundamentally changed for the majority of consumers???? and that haven't been already enforced and accepted with other media ????? cause people selling used games on eBay is a huge minority especially AAA titles... it's inconvenient for most gamers

those question are aimed at the majority, meaning the entire 70 million not the couple millions of hardcore that don't go through usual retailers like gamestop...

Recent signatures: 
            Chuck Norris- 22 min................ Seems legit. 

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I know some people around here who should want this...

well I have no problem signing it since I am going DD only... it would give more relevance to DD and hopefully cut price on the long run like it happened on other media..... but I know it's pointless so I won't.... I will just wait patiently until they release an all digital media box, that will be the day I am fully satisfied... but this gen is already a big step in that direction if the day one availability stays true....

Around the Network

Why can't they do the 10 family member thing now?

Subie_Greg said:
Why can't they do the 10 family member thing now?

Could they do it to begin with? We never really got an exact explanation of what it actually was. Some said it was for 1 hour of gameplay, some said you can share the game freely. The idea was backwards though, we are restricting you selling or lending a game 'disc' to your mate so the developers get their share of used game sales, however if he is part of your friends list he can play the game for free even if he lives 2000 miles away in Dakota.

There is no reason though it couldn't work for downloaded games, they'd know if it's a downloaded title. Them removing it makes me think developers didn't like this idea because a game could be shared between many people and if you can just play a game like that why buy it?

Hmm, pie.

there is many ways to make it a viable thing.... those 10 players can't play the game when they want if it was only one other person that can play... it also becomes impossible to play if the owner sells the game.... finally I'm sure DLC would have been inaccessible.... so even if it would have eaten some revenue from initial sales (and I doubt it would have been much bigger than second hand and disc based lending already does) it could have generated more direct revenue to the devs through second hand fees + more DLC bought than with current state of things....

but I believe nobody knew exactly what would have been the consequences of that model for any party since it hasn't been tried on a large scale.... but I believe it could have been viable if done correctly....

I believe they cut it because the entire logic was based upon devs getting a share of the resold games.... without that new income the sharing plan is therefore less viable... so it's not a technical issue it is a economical one....

What is wrong with these people? Just the biggest idiots ever. They will learn the hard way.

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Pointless petition, even if they got 50k or even 100k MS would be stupid to switch back.