By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What gaming stories moved you WITHOUT a cinematic presentation like Heavy Rain or TLOU?

Flower.

Around the Network

super mario galaxy ending

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Metroid Fusion and Metroid Prime. Limbo. Every other good or touching story I can think of was cinematic. If we don't count Zelda cutscenes as cinematic due to the lack of voice, then Majora's Mask. The main story wasn't so touching, but if you played most of the side quests and feel the havoc the SkullKid had wrecked on individual lives, you start to so connected to the world and characters as you salvage each situation. Limbo has to be the best of my examples though. It told a story without even a single word of text.

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7530/gohansupersaiyan239du.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://www.deviantart.com/download/109426596/Shippuden_Team_7_by_Tsubaki_chan.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://image.hotdog.hu/_data/members0/772/1047772/images/kepek_illusztraciok/Bleach%2520-%2520Ishida%2520Uryuu%25201.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

3DS: tolu619

Wii U: FoyehBoys

Vita, PS3 and PS4: FoyehBoys

XBoxOne: Tolu619

Switch: Tolu619

Kugali - We publish comics from all across Africa and the diaspora, and we also push the boundaries of Augmented Reality storytelling. Check us out!

My thread for teaching VGC some Nigerian slangs

Both "Another Code" games; also Hotel Dusk and Last Window. Another Code deals mostly with death of loved ones and the resolution of longing for their passing, whereas the Kyle Hyde sagas motivate me to get stuff done, because that guy has the shittiest luck when he's not in full-on detective mode.

All of these titles are presented like traditional "Point and Click" games, and the amount of reading required keeps them comfortably distant from "cinematic".

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

Demon's Souls, Chrono Trigger, FF VI, Odin Sphere... those don't have too much "cinematic" in them, but the atmopsphere, characters, and words presented in them are forever memorable. TLOU having a lot is quite disappointing, means it'll disappoint me as much as Uncharted 2 did... probably. I hate the fucking cinematic approach in anything but a few games like MGS.

Around the Network

flOwer
Journey
Thomas Was Alone

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Ico

ghettoglamour said:

The plot twist in that Mario game I played lately was very touching. I couldn't believe Bowser would kidnapp Peach.

I wonder does Bowser rape Peach? or torture her at least?

AndrewWK said:
ghettoglamour said:

The plot twist in that Mario game I played lately was very touching. I couldn't believe Bowser would kidnapp Peach.

I wonder does Bowser rape Peach? or torture her at least?

Nope, it's all just a ploy to allow her to see her kids without Mario knowing.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Journey
Bastion
probably a lot other indie games. Those poor bastards can´t afford cinematic presentation