By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rumor - Microsoft may increase RAM to 12 GB and GPU clock increase to Xbox One

Hynad said:
TimCliveroller said:
CGI-Quality said:
Zappykins said:
CGI-Quality said:
DeadBigfoot21 said:
That would be insane and would drive sony fanboys crazy. They will still find ways to bash it regardless

Doubt it. For instance, I don't remember too many Sony fans losing their heads because the Xbox was stronger than the PS2. Your extreme fans may take issue, but every sector has their fair share of those.

Probably because there weren't any Xbox fans then?

How could you be upset over something you haven't played yet on a console that isn't even in the market?

Why would Sony fans be "upest" over something like that? Even more, why have this discussion when it's hypothetical and extremely unlikely?

That is a valid question, but I belive that they would be. It's in their DNA.

Nope. It's in any fanboy's DNA to talk shit about what they don't favor. XBox fans are just as guilty of it. 

It this was to happen, XBox fans would use the extra amount of RAM as a way to belittle the PS4 and its fans. Sony fans would go on the defensive.
The same as is happening right now with the XBO having lower specs than the PS4.  They don't matter because games are there and all that jazz. 
But worse, fans of either side playing semantics, or playing victims because people don't react the same depending on which company does this or that...

It's annoying from both sides.

Does this also apply to today's Nintendo fanboys ( WiiU )? 

Ex Graphics Whore.

Around the Network
TimCliveroller said:
Hynad said:
TimCliveroller said:

Nope. It's in any fanboy's DNA to talk shit about what they don't favor. XBox fans are just as guilty of it. 

It this was to happen, XBox fans would use the extra amount of RAM as a way to belittle the PS4 and its fans. Sony fans would go on the defensive.
The same as is happening right now with the XBO having lower specs than the PS4.  They don't matter because games are there and all that jazz. 
But worse, fans of either side playing semantics, or playing victims because people don't react the same depending on which company does this or that...

Of course. Nintendo fanboys are convincing themselves that the gap between the HD twins and the Wii U is a factor of 4-5x. While the gap between the Wii U and the PS4 and XBO is only a factor of 2x.

I mean, have you seen X? 

Hynad said:
TimCliveroller said:
Hynad said:
TimCliveroller said:

Of course. Nintendo fanboys are convincing themselves that the gap between the HD twins and the Wii U is a factor of 4-5x. While the gap between the Wii U and the PS4 and XBO is only a factor of 2x.

I mean, have you seen X? 

Isn't this the truth? I'm sorry I cannot restrain myself.

Ex Graphics Whore.

TimCliveroller said:
Hynad said:
TimCliveroller said:

I mean, have you seen X? 

Isn't this the truth? I'm sorry I cannot restrain myself.

Well, you the answer as well as I do. My problem with Nintendo fanboys is that they believe that because we don't agree that the Wii U's graphical capabilities are a gen above the PS360, they think we're bashing the console, or just hating on it. I'm a Nintendo fan myself, and I find it quite annoying to be called a hater. Especially when one of my all time (top 3) favourite game series is Metroid.

DeadBigfoot21 said:
brendude13 said:
DeadBigfoot21 said:
That would be insane and would drive sony fanboys crazy. They will still find ways to bash it regardless

Still ain't GDDDDR5.

9 > 7

4 > 1

AHA!

Around the Network
tuscaniman99 said:
@Blood_Tears
You must have no clue how much ram costs. I personally bought 16gb ram for $96. Adding 4gb to the console might add $10 to the cost if even that. They would not raise the price of the Xbox One.

Never mind the fact that surel y the XB1 is right now in the manufacturing phase NAD even if they could do it they'd have to offload the current supply of RAM they are using (they contracted for that stuff on volume so they can't just exchange it) and rebuy the higher capacity RAM. You are talking as if they just go down to their local retailer and exchange the old modules for the new ones then slap it in liek its a PC.

The length of time it would take to order and receive the amount fo RAM modules needed to go bigger would be weeks at best maybe a month or two for it to fully start coming in (suppliers need time to produce and move that stuff) then changing the specifications at the manufacturing plant(s) so ALL the workers put it in correctly and are all on the same page.... the actual cost would be much higher than $10 a unit. Not to mention the fact that it would most certainly delay the lanch window or lead to huge shortages at launch.

It's a bad idea at this point I don't see it happening especially for the minimal gain it would yield.. it'd still be behind in the specs department.

D-Joe said:

No

http://www.xboxoneforums.net/forum/23-titanfall/178-titanfall.html#post3703

It's their problem

Thanks.

Seems like they are having a hard time to learn how to use the new DataMoves and eSRAM to help to use the RAM in Xbone... at least it is what I think about "new architecture tricks".

tuscaniman99 said:
@Blood_Tears
You must have no clue how much ram costs. I personally bought 16gb ram for $96. Adding 4gb to the console might add $10 to the cost if even that. They would not raise the price of the Xbox One.

Just to be fair slow DDR3 RAM is cheap but fast is expensive... Xbone uses this one Micron DDR3 @ 2133Mhz.

The lowest price at newegg for 16GB for PC memory of that speed is $160... almost twice you paid in yours.

PS. Of course MS pays $30-40 for 8GB of these memories.

Hynad said:
TimCliveroller said:

Actually, I think it comes from higher up - some of the people in each corporation.  Microsoft has always been an aggressive company, and Sony a sneaky one.  There is nice little Nintendo - saying 'We are fun, come play our games!'

I think you can see it all reflected through their fans.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Halving the RAM, like it did with the first XB compared to the first planned features, can get in troubles devs with games already beyond the first stages of development, we can see it in a smaller degree in Morrowind, that has a single outdoors world, but with dynamic loading with a fairly short radius, in the PC version you can extend visibility, but you'll see furthest creatures stay frozen (even in mid-air) until you get closer, while indoor spaces, buildings, caves, dungeons, etc, are separated levels without continuity with the outdoors, and you can see it on a larger degree in Thief III, where levels smaller than the biggest ones that Thief I and II could manage in their entirety need to be split in two or more parts with loading areas artificially separing them. But increasing the RAM shouldn't give any problem, games already in advanced stages of development won't fully use the RAM available exceeding the initially planned amount, but that's all.
Possible problems won't affect devs, but only the console's builder, higher costs, need for larger supplies, possibly having to retrofit units already built, higher heat production, need for more powerful cooling.

These rumours, though, could also be a trap for Sony, to make it follow suit, increasing PS4's costs.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!