By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - What Does Microsoft Need To Do To Win You Back?

What does Microsoft need to do to win you back?

Lower the price 41 8.20%

Don't make kinect required 47 9.40%

GAMES, GAMES and more GAMES 39 7.80%

Free online 17 3.40%

Offer more free games on live 3 0.60%

Other 6 1.20%

All of the above 66 13.20%

They already won me back :) 52 10.40%

They will never win me back 167 33.40%

See results 62 12.40%

Total:500

Release an OS without metro, with a normal start button and the option to have classic start menu, until then i'll be sticking to win7 and a win2000 theme with start menu hack.

Oh youre talking about consoles? i wouldnt own a x1 if they gave me one for free, i'd sell it and use the money on ps4 games.

Around the Network
J_Allard said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Azerth said:
The thing I don't get with everyone saying remove kinect are the same people that will just say well now its the same price as the ps4 and its weaker so they still lose. So why would ms listen to them?

MS isn't listening to them because MS never listens until they are driven to the brink of failure. MS was planning on ignoring us before as Yusuf said before in defending DRM, but they don't care then neither do I. Give me the games, MS as a company isn't that great with consumers. Knowing Microsofts mentality, they know most people wouldn't buy the Kinect two at launch so they more than likely force bundled it so the MS faithful will buy it. The casuals are those of whom the Kinect is meant for and they will not buy a $500 console, let alone a $400 console if it doesn't fit their lifestyle. Sony knows they cannot force the PSEye on people and they never have since 2004 when they started the camera motion control trend.

Bold #1 - Yet we are months away from launch and they have already changed the policy? Wouldn't "driven to the brink of failure" be something like oh I don't know, launching the console and potentially reaching a point near failure? MS actually listened to people and changed their policy.

Bold #2 - Aaahahahaha. That might be the most adorable thing you have ever said on this site to trump up Sony. Bravo. Ok, lets pretend you are right. Since Sony supposedly started this trend in 2004 (actually 2003), can you list the slew of camera motion control devices that flooded the market as a result? I mean, since it's a trend and all, there must be other people following suit. I can't remember a single one.

They were forced to change the policy. If you listened to what Yusuf has said, in his representation of MS he downplayed the hardcore backlash, but its the casuals they were waitning for; however, the issues with the Xbone seeped into the wider media outlets and people were saying that Gamestop put a cap on Xbone preorders. Yes, i would say all things considered, if they didnt change their ways this could've been a console with potentially very low sales in comparison and Microsoft does not want a console in the industry that cannot tear a hole in Sonys marketshare. MS was forced to listen before their product tanked and they did it quickly even though they lied that it wasnt a quick fix. Look up Angry Joe, whom confronted Major Nelson and asked him and got grilled for even trying when he knew DRM only needs a software fix. Of course he "doesn't know what hes talking about". Yet a week after he says it, it happens. Not a quick fix my ass.

As for your second response, watch this interview below. Jack Tretton and Sony have always left the Eyetoy as a choice since they started the camera motion control trend. I played the Eyetoy when I was younger at a friends house some of the time. I think what you're babbling on about is a marketing issue. I don't believe Sony saw motion controls as a major thing even and wanted people to check it out for themselves but the problem there is they did it with a little marketing as possible. They focus too much on the core experience. Same experience that the Kinect gave, just a gen before. That an he came off as one of the most personable executive ever in a videogame company, which has been known for a while. He's the polar opposite of Kaz. It was very nice of him to go to IGN and have that interview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pn5AraH6wAQ

theres a certain redundancy in polls. we have to be more direct in questioning. consider the 136 people saying they will never be won back. how many of those were actually loss to be won back? the answer should be "own or owned a 360, they will never win me back" not just a generic answer for others to skew the polls. if they answer to a question that direct and the strict guideline in the first part isnt met, then they are basically calling themselves a lying fanboy out to skew polls negatively. for those that have never been a fan of ms as seen in some of the comments. poll answers such as:

"never own one never will"
"never owned an xbox, but was considering if-"

those are direct polling answers for those that just want to comment

I have to say as a Xbox fan, I don't feel comfortable in recent weeks because the whole internet is full of negative news, polls and trolls towards to Xbox One. It seems the internet really wants to see Xbox One to be dead on arrival.

So, the only thing I can do is to just support MS and Xbox One. Maybe it will lose the console war in the next gen, but I will continue to support Xbox platform until the last day.

There is an XBox and a 360 in my home. Odds are there will never be an X1 there. The constant insults through the PR debacle made me upset, but even before that Microsoft has not had an exclusive in three years that I wanted. I do not care about FPS genre and never will. So my answer is games I want to play, do that for a sustained period and I may come around down the road after I have given Sony and Nintendo my patronage for doing right by me.

Around the Network
zhao3gold said:
I have to say as a Xbox fan, I don't feel comfortable in recent weeks because the whole internet is full of negative news, polls and trolls towards to Xbox One. It seems the internet really wants to see Xbox One to be dead on arrival.

So, the only thing I can do is to just support MS and Xbox One. Maybe it will lose the console war in the next gen, but I will continue to support Xbox platform until the last day.

That's the spirit. Internet is just full of negativity and positivity comes from hype that doesn't always materialize. I was going through this thread (http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=164042&page=1) and i was thinking why do i even bother discussing things with most people here or anywhere. People are going to stick to what they believe as absolute truth. Which is fine i guess. 

First of all you don't know that Sony is making a $25-$50 profit per console sold. Second of all you don't get 15+ games per month with PS+. Where do you come up with these numbers? I'm not a paranoid tin foil hat wearer and I know MS isn't paying people a salary to watch Kinect feeds and look at Kinect pictures around the world. Personally Kinect 2.0 has its purpose for the OS and there can be some cool hybrid games coming in the future for it and the X1. I'm getting the X1 because I prefer it's exclusive lineup by far right now. When PS4 gets some games that interest me then I may get one in a few years down the road.

@S.T.A.G.E.
We get it that you're anti MS and pro Sony all day every day. Must you go on a tirade in every thread?

KHlover said:
Goatseye said:
KHlover said:
I've never owned an Xbox before, so technically they can't even win me back. But as long as their major advertized IP's stay GoW, Halo and Forza I won't ever buy an Xbox.

You make -0 sense. Just spare some characters and say that you don't like MS and Xbox brand.

You make no sense. Just because their 1st party IP's don't appeal to me I'm suddenly a MS hater? Do you know how ridiculous you sound?

You gonna tell me right now that your comments pattern are neutral or pro-xbox, uh?

Like you said you never owned an Xbox, how the in the flaming pit (hell) you're helping this thread?

It needs to be a lot cheaper and they need a lot more exclusives.

Will be a cheap pickup in likely 3-4, maybe 5 Years when I can get the good exclusives on the cheap.

Thats when they "win" me back.