By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What Game Will Make You Buy A Wii U?

What game will make you buy a Wii U?

X 66 13.81%

SSB 87 18.20%

Mario Kart 45 9.41%

Super Mario 3D World 21 4.39%

Star Fox U 28 5.86%

F-Zero U 12 2.51%

Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze 13 2.72%

Zelda U 98 20.50%

Its gonna take more than one game 69 14.44%

Other 39 8.16%

Total:478
cmeese47 said:
Xenoblade Chronicles 2, The Last Story 2, Dragon Quest Exclusive, or some combo of Mario, Zelda and Metroid games.

god i would love a last story 2.  The story seemed a little rushed, and the graphics were a bit ugly.  That being said, the story was still great (just a little underdeveloped), the characters were intriguing (again, just a little underdeveloped) and the music was top notch.  It was also kinda clever to streamline the gameplay of an rpg by incorporating ideas from dungeon crawlers such as marvel ultimate alliance. 

Around the Network

The were heavily discounted at my local store. I bought one in anticipation of a new Metroid game. After E3, I feel like I kinda wasted my money. It's a nice piece of hardware, but only Mario Kart and X interest me now. But not on the same level as Metroid and they're not out until 2014 :(

Super Smash Bros or X. Whichever comes out first.

Th3PANO said:
catofellow said:
Th3PANO said:
catofellow said:
None. I want it to fail because I don't like Nintendo's business model. I like Nintendo though, just want them to chart different course with next console.

"I want Nintendo  to fail with Wii U so that my individual and personal likes and preferences can be satisifed" I just rephrased it so that you know how stupid it really sounds.

I would point that out that the original post is inquiring about all of our individual preferences, but that may be above your head.

Yes. Indeed. But wanting something to fail cause you don't like it is a little bit egoisitc.

There's a difference.  I don't drink coffee, but I don't want all the coffe shops to fail.

I like playing Nintendo published games, but don't like the console specs, controller, price, online strategy, or relative lack of third party games.  If Nintendo is wildly successful with the WiiU, they would just continue their current policies.  Why wouldn't I root againt it in that case? 

Lifetime Sales Prediction - 6/29/2013
Wii U - 38 million
XBOX One - 88 million
Playstation 4 - 145 million

catofellow said:
Th3PANO said:
catofellow said:
Th3PANO said:
catofellow said:
None. I want it to fail because I don't like Nintendo's business model. I like Nintendo though, just want them to chart different course with next console.

"I want Nintendo  to fail with Wii U so that my individual and personal likes and preferences can be satisifed" I just rephrased it so that you know how stupid it really sounds.

I would point that out that the original post is inquiring about all of our individual preferences, but that may be above your head.

Yes. Indeed. But wanting something to fail cause you don't like it is a little bit egoisitc.

There's a difference.  I don't drink coffee, but I don't want all the coffe shops to fail.

I like playing Nintendo published games, but don't like the console specs, controller, price, online strategy, or relative lack of third party games.  If Nintendo is wildly successful with the WiiU, they would just continue their current policies.  Why wouldn't I root againt it in that case? 

yeah, i dont think you have to worry about that.

Around the Network
oniyide said:
Cobretti2 said:
none of those games unless they evolve over their predecessors.

THIS! none of the games shown have strike me as must have so it will take a few to get me to buy one

I would really like to see how they handle SMT x FE.

MDMAlliance said:
oniyide said:
Cobretti2 said:
none of those games unless they evolve over their predecessors.

THIS! none of the games shown have strike me as must have so it will take a few to get me to buy one

not really a big fan of those types of games so it wouldnt do anything for me personally, but i hoep it turns out ok

oniyide said:
MDMAlliance said:
oniyide said:

not really a big fan of those types of games so it wouldnt do anything for me personally, but i hoep it turns out ok

I really am hoping for some kind of big surprise out of the title.  I can't really imagine how they plan on doing the crossover, but they didn't show anything from it for a while now... so I only hope it's something big.

X or Zelda U.

I haven't really heard enough about X to get too excited about it, but EVERYTHING I've heard about Zelda U sounds good.

For me the order of priority is:
1. Zelda U
2. X
3. Super Mario 3d World
4. Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze
5. SSB
6. Mario Kart
7. F-Zero
8. Starfox