By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What Game Will Make You Buy A Wii U?

What game will make you buy a Wii U?

X 66 13.81%

SSB 87 18.20%

Mario Kart 45 9.41%

Super Mario 3D World 21 4.39%

Star Fox U 28 5.86%

F-Zero U 12 2.51%

Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze 13 2.72%

Zelda U 98 20.50%

Its gonna take more than one game 69 14.44%

Other 39 8.16%

Total:478
Cold-Flipper said:
I only plan to buy 1 HH (already have 3DS) and 1 console for the gen. As of now, that system is likely the PS4.

With that said, I'd still consider the Wii U if it had about 5 really awesome games for it. They have 0 released so far but out of the ones announced hey have Pikmin 3 & Super Smash Bros 4. They need to announce 3 more super high quality games for me to buy one eventually. A price cut would also help.

You don't consider Mario Kart and X high quality games?

Around the Network
KingdomHeartsFan said:
Xen said:
That's easy. X .

I bought the original Wii for Xenoblade.

I am so jealous that you have Xenoblade, I want it but it just costs way too much. 

Yeah... it costs almost as much as my Wii..

You can get decently priced copies from ebay UK though.. mind the region limitations of course...

Xen said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:
Xen said:
That's easy. X .

I am so jealous that you have Xenoblade, I want it but it just costs way too much. 

You can get decently priced copies from ebay UK though.. mind the region limitations of course...

Omg what the hell!  Its so cheap in the UK, why the hell does it have to be so expensive here...Honestly I think my only hope of playing the game is if Nintendo puts it on the Wii U eshop and I absolutly hate buying digital games -.-, but I'd make an exception for Xenoblade.

KingdomHeartsFan said:
Xen said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:
Xen said:
That's easy. X .

Omg what the hell!  Its so cheap in the UK, why the hell does it have to be so expensive here...Honestly I think my only hope of playing the game is if Nintendo puts it on the Wii U eshop and I absolutly hate buying digital games -.-, but I'd make an exception for Xenoblade.

Hack your Wii with letterbomb and import it.. boom, done.

KingdomHeartsFan said:
Cold-Flipper said:
I only plan to buy 1 HH (already have 3DS) and 1 console for the gen. As of now, that system is likely the PS4.

With that said, I'd still consider the Wii U if it had about 5 really awesome games for it. They have 0 released so far but out of the ones announced hey have Pikmin 3 & Super Smash Bros 4. They need to announce 3 more super high quality games for me to buy one eventually. A price cut would also help.

You don't consider Mario Kart and X high quality games?

Let me rephrase that, they need to release 5 really high quality games that are much better on Wii U that I like. 

For example, Mario Kart 8 looks pretty cool and is one of my top series from Nintendo. I would likely buy it if I had a Wii U but already have Mario Kart Wii & Mario Kart 7. I don't need the Wii U to play it. As for "X"? While it looks to be made with quality in mind, I don't care for that type of game so it wouldn't count towards my 5.

Around the Network

Where the hell is Metroid Prime?

Desktop: AMD Phenom X4 955, ATI Radeon 7950 :: Laptop: Intel i7-3532QM, ATI Radeon 7670m

Consoles: 3DS XL, PS Vita, Zelda 3DS, PS3 Super Slim, DSi, PSP Go, PS3 Fat, Wii, GameCube, PS2

Now Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Dark Souls, Fallout: New Vegas, The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages, Persona 4: Golden

None. I want it to fail because I don't like Nintendo's business model. I like Nintendo though, just want them to chart different course with next console.

Lifetime Sales Prediction - 6/29/2013
Wii U - 38 million
XBOX One - 88 million
Playstation 4 - 145 million

I bought it for Zelda Wii U and Pikmin 3.

X, Wind Waker HD, Mario Kart and Deus Ex: HR are 4 of the upcoming games which will be definite purchases.

Th3PANO said:
Cobretti2 said:
none of those games unless they evolve over their predecessors.

Mario Kart looks like it will improve on Wii and 7,

DK looks like it will improve.

X also.

Zelda will also improve over SS (not that hard tbh).

SSB 4 will improve.

Pikmin 3 will improve.

Bayonetta 2 will improve.

Don't know what you are talking about tbh.

EDIT: also, I wonder why everybody always forgets SMT x FE. I guess cause we didn't see gameplay yet.

considering you havent played any of the new games one could ask you the same thing. Nothing wrong with demanding the same thing, improvement is in the eye of the beholder.

catofellow said:
None. I want it to fail because I don't like Nintendo's business model. I like Nintendo though, just want them to chart different course with next console.

"I want Nintendo  to fail with Wii U so that my individual and personal likes and preferences can be satisifed" I just rephrased it so that you know how stupid it really sounds.