By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If You Had To Choose, What Is The Best Gaming Genre?

What is your favorite gaming genre?

Adventure 54 18.37%

RPG 122 41.50%

Shooter 30 10.20%

Sports 3 1.02%

Stealth 3 1.02%

Racing 3 1.02%

Hack and Slash 8 2.72%

Open World 27 9.18%

Other 27 9.18%

See reults 17 5.78%

Total:294

That poll shows just why the opinion of the internet gaming community is moer or less worthless most of the time.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Around the Network

Shooters (1st and 3rd) in the end. Its where most of us gamers (me included) find most of their time playing.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

GribbleGrunger said:

I've had to put 'other' because the game I want hasn't been done yet.

In my ideal game you would be dropped into a wild environment and have to survive alone. You'd have to make shelter from the whether, hunt and gather food, arm yourself with makeshift weapons and battle the creatures that inhabit the world alone. When you die, you die for good and have to start again. But the experience you gain from your first playthrough gets moved across to your second playthrough.

There would be an online mode similar to Dayz but this too is effected by how well you've played the singleplayer.

You pretty much just described Don't Starve. 

1) JRPG
2) Action Adventure
3) Platformer

Serious_frusting said:
That poll shows just why the opinion of the internet gaming community is moer or less worthless most of the time.

Them there angry RPG nerds! They can tally all them numberz they wants, but they caints understand the depths of COD!

Around the Network

Not just RPGs, but JRPGs

platformers and fighting is not even on the main division :(

You are a terrible person for not including RTS in the poll. Which is objectively the best genre. Non-negotiable.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Hack n Slash....It's a dying genre (along with beatem-ups) because so many devs. can't make a decent one. It's always been my favorite but since not many are being made, I had to settle with other genres like platforms.

I would say JRPGs.