By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Police arrest man filming raid.. shoots his dog death..

thranx said:
attaboy said:
I couldn't really tell for sure but I think they pepper sprayed the dog first. They tried the non-lethal method. I'll watch the video again to be sure.

pepper spraying an animal will not get it to calm down. that is just absurd. especially dogs that are even more sensitive to that kind of stuff. This is a dog not  aperson. they should of grabbed the leash. that is the smartest easiest thing to do. after that they could of grabbed the scruff of his neck, or simply put it in a headlock or get on its back. they really did not need to shoot it. they also didnt need to arrest the guy in the first place. they failed all over the place. than k god for cameras and social media, the only two things that can hold cops acountable. Its no wonder they are not fans of being filmed, and will even try and say a cell phone is a weapon just to confiscate film. Does not make me trust my law enforcement one bit.

I don't think he sprayed it anyway.  Just heard the sound.  I was wrong.

BUT pepper spray was actually designed as a less lethal way to deal with animals so IN YOUR FACE!

"In 1973, pepper spray (OC) was developed as an aerosol spray and used by FBI (Federal Bureau of Investigation) for incapacitating animals as well as humans for temporary duration."

Around the Network

This is so vile and dumb.

The dog was just trying to save his owner. And for that he met a painful death. Watching him try to run as he is shot is heart wrenching.

There was no threat to the cops, they could have done everything except shooting.

I hope the rest of the people pf the town gives them hell.

I LOVE ICELAND!

My view of police has completely changed. Fucking coward.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

You can literally see the guy's heart break the instant they shoot his dog. I've never been a dog fan but I instantly felt his pain. The guy didn't even do anything to begin with.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Dog was just protecting it's owner from the looks of it. When u have group of uknown people ganging up on the owner the dog only thinks that they're going to hurt him.

It's the owners failure to close the window and it's the polices failure to go for a more diplomatic solution and maybe allow the owner to calm the dog down.

Around the Network

Watched the video and responding to a few comments...

Why can we not record the police's actions? The guy was staying back out of the way. It seems to me that the cops didn't like being filmed so they started coming after the guy with the dog. As "public defenders," we should ALWAYS be allowed to film police officers. However, there have been major pushes by departments and legislators to make filiming police a crime. We must make sure that does not happen or continue! 

Second, the guy with the dog should have left or at least rolled the window up so his dog couldn't get out.

Third, why did the cop lunge forward after the dog? That's when the dog went after him.

Fourth, why did the cop not finish the dog off? Why did he sit there and let it convulse? Seems to me like he wanted to put on a sick show. Finish the thing off and don't let it suffer like that!

It always stinks to see animals die in ways like this. They can't help it, they're animals, they're innocent. 

it´s a fucking shame I don´t live there i would have found this fucking poor excuse of a human being and killed him my self.

Fucking coward.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

Slimebeast said:
superchunk said:
This is not police brutality. The guy was purposefully trying to be an obstacle to the cops. Had he left when they had enough and put his dog car, nothing would have happened. How he put dog in car and continued to be an ass. Then his dog jumps out and clearly jumps at the officer. They had no choice at that point. Its sad, but its the owners fault.

A dog jumps around a little and the police must shoot immediately? That police is a sorry excuse or a man. He even leaned toward the dog, trying to grab its leash or something. Then the dog jumps up by reflex, but even restrains itself from actually touching the man, and yet he shoots.

Such unprofessional and cowardly behaviour. That fuckface will burn in hell.

They didn't know the dog. The dog came out aggressively. The dog lunged at the cop reaching for its leash. They clearly feared for their well being. 

You all are hypocrites.

You saw 3mins of a much bigger situation. This was a police standoff with an armed barricaded individual. This guy had been there a long time with his very large and commonly aggressive dog. (Maybe not this specific dog but that type) The cops were already under intense focus and being distracted by this idiot whom the cops were likely worried about his safety along with their own, kept ignoring their requests to back off. There were plenty of other filming from safe distances without provocation. 

This video starts at the end of this once the standoff ends and the cops clearly wanted this guy to leave. He continues his arrogant behavior in wanting to get arrested so he can sue again. He puts dog in car so he can confront cops again. (This is where he should have just left and cops clearly were hoping he would). As he gets arrested Hus dog clearly becomes agitated watching his owner.

Now put yourself in the cops shoes. You have this annoying asshole who is trying to be an obstacle. Now his large dog jumps out of car barking and charging you. Then a bit of chaos as your trying to maintain control of guy you are arresting and calm large barking dog. Then you try to grab dogs leash to gain control of dog and it tries to bite you and lunges at you. WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO DO? LET IT BITE SOMEONE? Fuck that. I would have done same. 

So let me get this straight. Just before they begin shooting it's actually the officer approaching the dog and trying to grab it. And then they fire four shots? Why not just one?

It's easy to watch from a third person perspective and say what somebody else should have done, isn't it?