By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Wii U's Third-Party Concerns Are Brushed Off By 3DS

Zero999 said:
oniyide said:
Zero999 said:
AnthonyW86 said:
MohammadBadir said:
COKTOE said:
The Wii-U is so dead in so many ways, Itchy and Scratchy called it for some fresh death ideas to use in their next skit. It's so dead, it makes Kenny from South Park blush like a school girl. The nearly 7 year old PS3 outsold it almost 6-1 last week. AGAIN. Yeah, things are looking great for the Wii-U. It's getting outsold by EVERYTHING, and there is no way the small, uninspired Wii-U holiday line-up is going to pull it out of it's death spiral into commercial irrelevance. Of course, the PS4/Xbox One launches only compound the Wii-U's problems. Sorry.

remember when the PS3 was dead in 2006?

Remember when the PS3 was selling 60k a week in June 2006 at $599 while Wii-U is selling just over 20k at half the price?

it was $499 but again an irrelevant example from you. I'll say it again: wii u sales right now are no parameter for future sales. only when it get's the big titles later this year is when we can check the sales.

wait...why is it irrelevant. Sure anything could happen, but the example he used was to show that even at that steep price, almost 3 times as much people were interested in PS3 at the same time frame than they are Wii U. Again anything could happen, but that is NOT good news for WIi U right now.

2006 was a different time and I'm sure ps3's sales drought was at least a little better than wii u's. again, the only thing that matters is how wii u will sell after the games start releasing (august and onwards).

different how? what kind of excuse is that? its not like the PS3 was getting a slew of releases in that timeframe either. how do you explain that?

Around the Network
oniyide said:
happydolphin said:
RolStoppable said:

3) The Capcom support for the 3DS is a product of Nintendo offering strong incentives to Capcom. It isn't unlike Sonic Lost Worlds being exclusive to Wii U. That's always an option for Nintendo as long as any given third party is willing to enter such a partnership, but this has nothing to do with Nintendo building an installed base through first party software and attracting voluntary third party support.

3. I don't believe that is true. Nintendo mentioned sometime ago that 3rd parties were asking them to improve the install base so they could have more confidence to make their games for the 3DS. I believe RE:Mercenaries was the test for Capcom and then RE:R became a certainty after Nintendo revitalised sales. That was my recollection of it.

I think you missed his point, this is all well and good...for the 3ds that doesnt mean jack for the WIi U. where is the stellar support from Capcom for that. All we've seen is, ports of year old games. RE and MH. Thats far from stellar support, and we havent even heard of anything else. Hell its no different from Wii really. We got a rerelease budget RE4(whoopie) a few light gun games, and more ports. MH and Tvs.C was the only real standouts, what Capcom released on the other consoles and hell even the portables was head and shoulders over that.

No, I didn't miss his point. He used the example of Sonic Lost Worlds to make it very clear he's saying that Nintendo's 3rd party support on the U and 3DS so far is due to moneyhatting and I disagree. You should re-read his point. The U support is not there yet because Nintendo has not given the confidence needed and it makes perfect sense for all companies not EA because they are fuckers.

Zero999 said:
oniyide said:
how much are people expecting for Wii U to do this holiday if it DOESNT get a price cut? 60k? 80k? a week. Im thinking maybe 50-60

are you serious? a nintendo machine with many releases, especially a new 3d mario will sell far more than that. November and december combined should be in the range of 4-5M.

I dont know what world youve been living in, but besides Mario 64, 3d marios dont push consoles that much. ill say it does 90k the week it releases, this is of course if they DONT do a price cut. 

Play4Fun said:
AnthonyW86 said:

My point is that even if there are a lot of games releasing for Wii-U sales will not be much higer than Gamecube's since that system received a lot of software aswell. This topic suggests the possibility that Wii-U sales will pick up drastically like 3DS did but you can't compare consoles and handhelds.

That logic makes no sense to me, but okay.

it makes no sense to anyone, even he knows that.

happydolphin said:
oniyide said:
happydolphin said:
RolStoppable said:

3) The Capcom support for the 3DS is a product of Nintendo offering strong incentives to Capcom. It isn't unlike Sonic Lost Worlds being exclusive to Wii U. That's always an option for Nintendo as long as any given third party is willing to enter such a partnership, but this has nothing to do with Nintendo building an installed base through first party software and attracting voluntary third party support.

3. I don't believe that is true. Nintendo mentioned sometime ago that 3rd parties were asking them to improve the install base so they could have more confidence to make their games for the 3DS. I believe RE:Mercenaries was the test for Capcom and then RE:R became a certainty after Nintendo revitalised sales. That was my recollection of it.

I think you missed his point, this is all well and good...for the 3ds that doesnt mean jack for the WIi U. where is the stellar support from Capcom for that. All we've seen is, ports of year old games. RE and MH. Thats far from stellar support, and we havent even heard of anything else. Hell its no different from Wii really. We got a rerelease budget RE4(whoopie) a few light gun games, and more ports. MH and Tvs.C was the only real standouts, what Capcom released on the other consoles and hell even the portables was head and shoulders over that.

No, I didn't miss his point. He used the example of Sonic Lost Worlds to make it very clear he's saying that Nintendo's 3rd party support on the U and 3DS so far is due to moneyhatting and I disagree. You should re-read his point. The U support is not there yet because Nintendo has not given the confidence needed and it makes perfect sense for all companies not EA because they are fuckers.

you obviously did miss his point, i didnt say anythng about moneyhatting or even Sega. Im talking about Capcom. The point was just because they are hooking 3ds up that doesnt mean they are doing it for WIi U. And from what we have seen, they are not. Your last sentence is spot on. But then how do you restore confindence?

Around the Network
oniyide said:

you obviously did miss his point, i didnt say anythng about moneyhatting or even Sega. Im talking about Capcom. The point was just because they are hooking 3ds up that doesnt mean they are doing it for WIi U. And from what we have seen, they are not. Your last sentence is spot on. But then how do you restore confindence?

You missed HIS point. Go read it again and then we'll talk.

naruball said:
Zero999 said:
Play4Fun said:
AnthonyW86 said:

You mean something like what released for the Gamecube? And these are all games that launched in 2001 or 2002, compare that to Wii-U games launching in 2012 and 2013:

Wii U had a good lineup for the rest of this year and you don't know the full lineup for 2014, so I don't  know what that list is supposed to prove.

Simply put, it's the usual hater behavior. he says there are no games, then you show the games and he comes with the excuse: gamecube had those games and it didn't matter. he forgets that wii, ds and 3ds had those games and they sold 100/150/30 million respectively and tries to prove that those games won't help Wii U because they didn't help a previous console 12 years ago in a completely different world and market context.

I love how you completely dismiss his argument as hater talk, when he simply raises some good points. You can call it an excuse, but it is also a fact. Gamecube didn't sell that well with similar games that wiiu is getting. Whether this point is brought up by people who don't like Ninty or WiiU is irrelevant as their point still stands. You also seem to ignore the impact that motion controllers had as a novelty and the hype that helped wii take off. As mentioned by others, you simply can't compare handhelds with consoles, as the vast majority of ninty handhelds have sold very well, while quite a few ninty consoles have had disappointing sales. A game that sells well on a handheld does not necessarily sell as well on a home console. There are too many examples to ignore, but most importantly Pokemon. It was the reason many kids bought a gameboy as their first handheld and its success seems to be helping Ninty handhelds to this day, while Pokemon games on consoles sell mostly siginifcantly less, hence the great number of pokemon games on handhelds and the very limited on ninty consoles.

You do have a point that just because gamecube didn't get that much of a boost despite similar games, it doesn't mean that wiiu will have the same fate, BUT all things point to that, i.e. sales around 40m LT which is a far cry from wii, but still better than gamecube. 

Saying no nintendo console will never sell good because one specific nintendo console didn't is NOT RAISING A GOOD POINT, it's lack of logic to the extreme. It's not the "same" games, only a few same FRANCHISES and wii u is getting some unique exclusive franchises that gamecube didn't. the market was different, the main competition (ps2) had a headstart and was selling gangbusters already. It's just ridiculous to say "gamecube didn't sell even with nintendo's franchises so no nintendo console will ever succeed".

p.s. technically there are no pokemon games on home consoles, just spin offs.

happydolphin said:
oniyide said:

You missed HIS point. Go read it again and then we'll talk.

im referring to number 3, there were many points. thats why they numbered

oniyide said:
happydolphin said:

from what we've seen capcom isn't doing much for the other's either, i think they barely had a presence at E3, if any. Even deep down had no new information. there might be an exclusive megaman/monster hunter/ resident evil to be announced for wii u.

Zero999 said:
Gamerace said:
Zero999 said:
AnthonyW86 said:
MohammadBadir said:
COKTOE said:
The Wii-U is so dead in so many ways, Itchy and Scratchy called it for some fresh death ideas to use in their next skit. It's so dead, it makes Kenny from South Park blush like a school girl. The nearly 7 year old PS3 outsold it almost 6-1 last week. AGAIN. Yeah, things are looking great for the Wii-U. It's getting outsold by EVERYTHING, and there is no way the small, uninspired Wii-U holiday line-up is going to pull it out of it's death spiral into commercial irrelevance. Of course, the PS4/Xbox One launches only compound the Wii-U's problems. Sorry.

remember when the PS3 was dead in 2006?

Remember when the PS3 was selling 60k a week in June 2006 at $599 while Wii-U is selling just over 20k at half the price?

it was $499 but again an irrelevant example from you. I'll say it again: wii u sales right now are no parameter for future sales. only when it get's the big titles later this year is when we can check the sales.

Out of sheer morbid curiousity, just what do you except WiiU sales to look like come Nov, Dec and into 2014?

I already made a detailed prediction on another topic but to simplify: I expect wii u to end 2013 with a about of 10.2M total sales with a margin of error of 1M up or down. when november starts I think wii u will be a little more than 5M or pretty close to that.

Okay.  Thanks for (re)sharing.  

I agree WiiU should absolutely sell much better over the holiday period.  And I'm sure 2014 will be much better than 2013.

But that's not actually saying much.