By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Wii U's Third-Party Concerns Are Brushed Off By 3DS

oniyide said:
Zero999 said:
oniyide said:
Zero999 said:

1) 3ds released in february/march and it's drought period lasted about 5 months only. wii u released in november and it's drought period are the 7 months from january to august. also,wii u is more expensive than 3ds was.

6) what makes you think ps4 or xone will have any exclusive third party game for free? exclusives are always paid for. the third party multiplat support will come to wii u, it's a matter of waiting and seeing.

just out of curiostiy, and dont lie. Were you saying the same thing for the Wii?

No. it was pretty clear that for many reasons, a game had to be built almost from scratch to wii. Not the case with wii u.

i agree that is not the case for WIi U, HOWEVER, the ar missing ALOT of games from PS360 NOW, you can make the argument that there arent enough sales that 3rd parties will not try, but it will only get harder when PS4 and xbone gets games made for it and they will have to be down ported for Wii U, there will have to be ALOT of consoles sold to make it worthwhile.

wrong and wrong. the multis should barely need 200k to profit and they'll certainly sell much more than that.

Around the Network
oniyide said:
badgenome said:
Zero999 said:

give up on the nonsense.

What an insightful refutation. You've convinced me!

this is how you know someone has nothing, reminds me of lilobrex, but more pleasant. I wonder if he is proven wrong, he'll have breakdown and leave as well?

being tired of talking to a wall =/= having nothing.

oniyide said:
Cold-Flipper said:
oniyide said:

interesting, whats releasing in Oct-Dec to make you think it will get that high? or is it just holidays?

It is mainly the Holiday effect. I think you're severely underestimating the Holiday increase. Last year, even the PSP sold 269K during peak week. (week before Chrstmas) I agree, Wii U would sell much better if it had a price cut. The games releasing are all going to help push many systems in the long run but I also have my doubts about family's buying a $300+ system for Mario & Wii Fit or Zelda & DK. Even without a price cut though, Wii U sales should pick up significantly because of games and the Holiday season. I might be overestimating October sales but December might be higher too. December specifically will see a huge boost.

Either way, I expect sales to reach 5.5 Million by years end. 

oh im not underestimating the holidays, I might be underestimating WIi U. for the same concerns you have price. are you saying it will have sold 5.5 mil total by the end of the year? or 5.5 additional because i think the prior is more likely.

you got a word wrong. it's not that you THINK that wii u will only sell another 2M in 2013 (wich is ridiculous by the way). You WANT wii u to sell only another 2M.

biglittlesps said:

You're wrong, 3DS doesn't has competitive market because there is no other device in the price range of 3DS which providers the games of its quality and it has advantage of 30 Years of old IP games and fans. I can say that Nintendor always had success mostly because of their low price points(where there will be no other device in the same range) and first party titles.

You can't really blame Nintendo for the low price points. Any other gaming company could be doing the same thing but choose not to. Nintendo easily has the biggest series in the industry and that plays a major role. If you price a system at $100 with nothing but crap, nobody will buy it. I agree that they normally price their systems cheaper but I wouldn't say they have no completion...the competition just isn't up to their level when it comes to HH's. (Consoles are a completely different story...)

Zero999 said:

wrong and wrong. the multis should barely need 200k to profit and they'll certainly sell much more than that.

That doesn't = 3rd party support though. I agree with the people who say the Wii U will likely have small amounts of 3rd party games. Also, I'm only predicting another 2.3 Million for the year, does that mean I only want it to sell that much too?

badgenome said:
oniyide said:

this is how you know someone has nothing, reminds me of lilobrex, but more pleasant. I wonder if he is proven wrong, he'll have breakdown and leave as well?

Haha, whatever happened to him? I don't think I noticed when he left.

he went on a crazy rant on one of the PS exclusive game walls and promptly left. some cant seem to face being wrong.

Around the Network
Cold-Flipper said:
biglittlesps said:

You're wrong, 3DS doesn't has competitive market because there is no other device in the price range of 3DS which providers the games of its quality and it has advantage of 30 Years of old IP games and fans. I can say that Nintendor always had success mostly because of their low price points(where there will be no other device in the same range) and first party titles.

You can't really blame Nintendo for the low price points. Any other gaming company could be doing the same thing but choose not to. Nintendo easily has the biggest series in the industry and that plays a major role. If you price a system at $100 with nothing but crap, nobody will buy it. I agree that they normally price their systems cheaper but I wouldn't say they have no completion...the competition just isn't up to their level when it comes to HH's. (Consoles are a completely different story...)

Zero999 said:

That doesn't = 3rd party support though. I agree with the people who say the Wii U will likely have small amounts of 3rd party games. Also, I'm only predicting another 2.3 Million for the year, does that mean I only want it to sell that much too?

thanks i didnt feel like dealing with the crazy.

Cold-Flipper said:
biglittlesps said:

Zero999 said:

only 2.3M for the rest of the year is beyond unreasonable, no one that's thinking clearly can predict that. So you obviously want those numbers, because certainly no one "thinks" that.