By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Edge magazine goes CRAZY- "ps4 is your next console", "One; titanic failures"

Too bad the article will be about DRM which makes it already obsolete. I know which website and magazine I won't be looking at ever again.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
curl-6 said:
Knack does look pretty awful to be honest. Very uninspired and bland.

Do you understand the story of the game?

It's a desperate attempt to turn a tech demo into a full game?

There a charm to it, having an adaptable character to elements around the realm? Hes like a cute science project that turns into an environmental hazard. :)

Multimedialover said:

Its Kinect Sports 3 mate. Kinect Sports sells to them same dmographic as Knack. Look at its sales on 360.

Microsoft finally realised those gamers will rather buy waggle games for yourbody, and the rest hardcore titles. Which i why theis less casual games and way more hardcore games.

Knack will get murdered i sales by  Kinect Rivals.

Knack and Kinect sports are two completely different things you know?

Well. I don't know what to say. Having a read through it seems ridiculously biased at best. Not only is their no mention of the Wii U in the article at all, but it also blows some things out of proportion drastically.

They'll get in trouble for this.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

gooch_destroyer said:
Multimedialover said:

Its Kinect Sports 3 mate. Kinect Sports sells to them same dmographic as Knack. Look at its sales on 360.

Microsoft finally realised those gamers will rather buy waggle games for yourbody, and the rest hardcore titles. Which i why theis less casual games and way more hardcore games.

Knack and Kinect are two completely different things you know?

Don't even bother, hes so biased he's walking blind right now.

Around the Network
Osc89 said:
Multimedialover said:
The Fury said:
Multimedialover said:
I hink alot of people are gnna rip Edge apart when they read it. Its borderline scrounging for crumbs on the floor that just arent there. 

Hees a brief clip that made me laugh.

"Knack is a great litle platformer and something the Xbox One does't have. Its this kinda game at lauch that will help define PS4 away from Xbox One "

Well at least to that effect.

I burst out laughing an began to wonder how much Sony payto keep Edge afloat with this article.

Why did that make you laugh? They are right. Knack isn't appealing to the 20 something FPS shooter market that nearly all launch titles on Xbone is aiming at. It's appealing to the more family friendly audience that was associated with Mario Galaxy and LBP. It does make them stand out, just not to you who it's not aimed at.

It wont sell past 2 million. 

Kinect Rivals will blow that away in sales. For the same demographic.

Also most media are saying its not that good.

Really? Haven't seen anything bad yet. I looked, and the first page of search results only gives positive reviews.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/06/13/e3-2013-dont-be-deceived-by-the-cuteness-of-ps4s-knack

http://www.destructoid.com/there-s-something-nice-about-ps4-s-knack-256110.phtml

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/394226/previews/knack-the-ps4-debut-game-that-picks-brains-over-brawn/

Don't respond seriously to MML.

He recently said, "both from a consumer choice point of view and from a gamer point of view, MS are definitely winning. More exclusives at launch, Christmas, and the next year. I still wonder WTF apart from multiplat games people will buy for ps4. After kz3 was terrible, kz4 and it being a shooter isn't helping Sony at all."

1. Not from a consumer choice point of view, since from the consumer POV, they've chosen ps4. This would also evidence the gamer POV picking PS4, and with more news like titanfall being timed exclusive, it'll sway even more people....especially since it will be on pc and 360. Why upgrade to One if it's already on 360?

2. Not more exclusives at launch. MS has claimed 15 exclusives, Sony has claimed 20. All MML thinks are the exclusives are the ones he has seen at e3.

3. Has no idea what games people are interested in for ps4. Denies KZ4 can sell anything. Doesn't even know that infamous:SS is the most popular exclusive, and thinks Knack is getting shit on by the media (while it's actually being praised).

Conegamer said:
Well. I don't know what to say. Having a read through it seems ridiculously biased at best. Not only is their no mention of the Wii U in the article at all, but it also blows some things out of proportion drastically.

They'll get in trouble for this.

In big letters, right at the top of the page.

"PS4 + XBOX ONE GAMES SPECIAL"

Why will they get into trouble?

Edit - Do you have a link to anything from it? I wanna reaaaaaaad!

gooch_destroyer said:
Multimedialover said:

Knack and Kinect are two completely different things you know?

But going for the same demographic. You think Grandma wold have played Mario Kart if waggle didnt exist. No chance.

microsoft will own  the casual market this gen. BUt have put more mone into hardcore. Edge barely touc on what Kinect will do for casuals buying this coming gen. 

kowenicki said:
veritaz said:
I really didn't see this coming from EDGE, as others have said they are usually the harshest critics of PS3 games which made the 10/10 they gave to The Last of Us very surprising.

This is a myth

They were harsh when it was deserved in the main.  There are plenty of example of high scoring PS3 excluisves from Edge.  Guess what? journalists shouldnt score games to please fans.

OT.  This could blow up in their faces quite quickly.  Its sensationalist.

Should the journalists not write to appease console fans as well then?

tuscaniman99 said:
Too bad the article will be about DRM which makes it already obsolete. I know which website and magazine I won't be looking at ever again.

It's actually written post-DRM removal