By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Edge magazine goes CRAZY- "ps4 is your next console", "One; titanic failures"

Munkeh111 said:
The Fury said:

Why did that make you laugh? They are right. Knack isn't appealing to the 20 something FPS shooter market that nearly all launch titles on Xbone is aiming at. It's appealing to the more family friendly audience that was associated with Mario Galaxy and LBP. It does make them stand out, just not to you who it's not aimed at.

But it looks crap...

Haha, yeah but point still stands, not appealing to Multimedialover.

Multimedialover said:

It wont sell past 2 million. 

Kinect Rivals will blow that away in sales. For the same demographic.

Also most media are saying its not that good.

Maybe it won't but it's hard sometimes to reach certain sales when released on a new console. It does have a limited potential market as the console won't be owned by 70 million world wide but that's still doesn't matter as it's not aimed at you. I'd consider 1.8 million as good sales.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
Conegamer said:
Well. I don't know what to say. Having a read through it seems ridiculously biased at best. Not only is their no mention of the Wii U in the article at all, but it also blows some things out of proportion drastically.

They'll get in trouble for this.

In big letters, right at the top of the page.

"PS4 + XBOX ONE GAMES SPECIAL"

Why will they get into trouble?

Edit - Do you have a link to anything from it? I wanna reaaaaaaad!

Microsoft doesn't like bad press. This might not bode well.

Conegamer said:

I was more referring to some of the sensationalist comments. Bashing Titanfall, saying it'll be worse than Killzone right off the bat because of the graphics, for example. I don't have any links, sadly. They'll be leaked online shortly I'd imagine, though.

how can they even compare titanfall with killzone? both games go for a pretty different audience. titanlfall is pretty much all about multiplayer and killzone was always strong because of the singleplayer. ok i expect it to have a good multiplayer but still, both try to reach different gamers in my opinion.

that's almost like saying nfs is the game to buy and not gt or vice versa.

I think it's fun to see them be sensationalist once in a while, none of this is serious stuff is it.

I'd like to read their reasoning though.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Xbox One has been trashed by the press for over a Month.

They will be used to it.

Around the Network

@theprof00
Titanfall is a Xbox One game. Enough of this timed exclusive bullshit. Until its confirmed its heresay and even if it is timed exclusive you won't be playing it on PS4 till 2015 at the earliest.

crissindahouse said:
veritaz said:
I really didn't see this coming from EDGE, as others have said they are usually the harshest critics of PS3 games which made the 10/10 they gave to The Last of Us very surprising.

edge gives lower scores in general, i don't think that has something to do with the ps3. do you have examples where they give other console exclusives higher scores as they do for ps3 exclusives?

It's no real answer to your question but it's a good indication of patterns, their 10s score is an odd one as they only gave out 5 10s before this generation and now have given another 10 this generation alone. Have games got better? I don't think so. Infact some games that were £40 back on PS1 wouldn't even be released for £5 on PSN nowadays.

However, out of those 10 it's rather fair of the games that got them. 1 360 exclusive, 2 PS3 exclusives, 3 Wii exclusive and 4 multiplatforms.

I wouldn't say they give 'lower' scores but correct scores. 5/10 is meant to be average but most outlets treat 7/10 as average.

Hmm, pie.

Carl2291 said:
RolStoppable said:

It certainly looks like the game is made with that reasoning in mind. Quite the lazy approach, if you ask me. No ambition to make it great.

I think you hit the nail on the head with your earlier post. It looks like more of a tech demo showcasing some of the stuff PS4 can do, mainly with particles. They just decided to turn it into a videogame.

It could be fun in parts, but in the grand scheme of things Ive gone from thinking it looked quite interesting to thinking it looks kinda boring. The levels are too empty, or at least the city level in the demo is. It needs boxes for Knack to jump on, or more enemies. Something. I cant quite hit the nail on the head.

Edit - I think I just want Crash 4.

I Would not underestimate Cerny and what he can do though. He is a great developer..... But unfortunately what I've seen from Knack im not excited it does look boring and empty, like a tech demo. I hope cerny will fix these issues in the future.

And you can never go wrong with more boxes! Just look at Ratchet & Clank :P

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

Carl2291 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Xbox One has been trashed by the press for over a Month.

They will be used to it.

True, but the problem lies in the fact that EDGE picked a winner. Theres nothing wrong with critiquing them, but I doubt MS will take kindly to EDGE taking sides. I agree with EDGE, but im watchful for the outcome.

I don't see the big deal. This fits in fairly reasonably to Edge's stance of "We don't pull punches like the rest of video game magazines."

That said, i'm waiting till the libraries develop for any of the three next gen consoles. None of them have enough exclusives to be considered a winner to me.

Microsoft would be close with Spark.... IF Spark wasn't on PC. Spark looking like what i thought LBP should have been.