By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - I will pay more money for a non-3D movie when watching it in theaters

This 3D gimmick needs to just stop. For people like me it gives me headaches and the experience is not great either or even worth the headache. 20 mins into the movie you don't even realize the 3D anymore. That's when you know it was done poorly.

Around the Network

I'm not big on 3D and couldn't care less about it. I find the 3D stuff that pops out are blocking the entire view solely because your eyes are just focused on the 3D part.

Fifaguy360 said:
This 3D gimmick needs to just stop. For people like me it gives me headaches and the experience is not great either or even worth the headache. 20 mins into the movie you don't even realize the 3D anymore. That's when you know it was done poorly.

I notice it all the time and I dont have a problem with headaches.  

But you have the option of not seeing it in 3D, so why continue to go see it in 3D? 

Vetteman94 said:
Fifaguy360 said:

But you have the option of not seeing it in 3D, so why continue to go see it in 3D? 

Man of Steel was sold out for non-3D, so kinda didn't have a choice.

Apart from Avatar, I've yet to see another 3D movie where the 3D effect was good. Nowadays I avoid 3D movies since I don't see any real added value and the regular version is cheaper.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
Fifaguy360 said:
Vetteman94 said:
Fifaguy360 said:

Buy a set of 2D glasses.  

http://www.amazon.com/electronics/dp/B004X4L1UC

Vetteman94 said:
Fifaguy360 said:
Vetteman94 said:
Fifaguy360 said:

Buy a set of 2D glasses.  

Oh wow. Never knew such a thing existed. Pretty cool.

Fifaguy360 said:
Vetteman94 said:

Buy a set of 2D glasses.  

Oh wow. Never knew such a thing existed. Pretty cool.

See, now we can all enjoy 3D movies.... LOL

I agree, hate watching movies in 3D. It's unnatural, distracting and eye straining.

I also had to go and see Man of Steel in 3D. Waste of money.

The worst part is that the much better feature, IMAX, is far less popular but is actually more immersive and practical.

In an ideal world, 3D would be dead and IMAX more widespread.