By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Update: Xbox Live “Ultimate Game Sale” Starts Today

Forza Horizon is the best game on the list if its $20 or less I would recommend anyone that hasn't played it yet to buy it. Its a bit on the short side for a racing game but it you go for most of the achievements you can easily spend over 60 hours on it. Also if you buy it be sure to download the free 1000 Club DLC it adds a lot of replay value to the game.

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:
Forza Horizon is the best game on the list if its $20 or less I would recommend anyone that hasn't played it yet to buy it. Its a bit on the short side for a racing game but it you go for most of the achievements you can easily spend over 60 hours on it. Also if you buy it be sure to download the free 1000 Club DLC it adds a lot of replay value to the game.

That is the one I am actually waiting for.

Really happy to see XBL take the Steam route.  This is great and very similar deals to steam although steam has more games on the list.

Decent list of games, depending on the sales price. Nice to see Gears Judgement on there as I was planning on buying that game after a price drop. Though if it's more than $20, I'd rather just buy a physical copy used for $25 from amazon.. Probably also going to pick up AC3, Bulletstorm, Rockstar Table Tennis, and I might rebuy L4D2 as I just sold it, depending on how cheap it is.

2 questions....
first if I buy a game on the US store and download it, then go to an other country can I still play the game without being behind a VPN that is located in the US ????
Second same deal if I buy a game on the US store, but don't download it right away and want to download it later while not in the US will it work since I purchased it there????

Day 2 deals.......... http://majornelson.com/2013/07/02/xbox-live-ultimate-game-sale-day-2-2/

Still no Tomb Raider or Metal Gear Rising yet

Around the Network
Ronster316 said:
Day 2 deals.......... http://majornelson.com/2013/07/02/xbox-live-ultimate-game-sale-day-2-2/

Still no Tomb Raider or Metal Gear Rising yet

Well, we are reaching the end of the list so tomorrow they should be available.

rockstar table tennis was awesome at release. both gameplay and graphics. graphics are maybe nothing special today but for only 3 dollars i can recommend it.

the all-star whatever it is called achievement was also a nice challenge.

endimion said:
2 questions....
first if I buy a game on the US store and download it, then go to an other country can I still play the game without being behind a VPN that is located in the US ????
Second same deal if I buy a game on the US store, but don't download it right away and want to download it later while not in the US will it work since I purchased it there????

Wait, so do you live in the United States? 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

yeap got that game played for hours with my roommate lol

I wonder if they could do a kinect version.... if there is one type of game I love with motion tracking it's tennis or table tennis games.... they just make perfect sense.... even more than with a joypad..... there is also that Disc golf game on the Move on PS3 that is pretty nice and makes more sense with the move than a pad if you actually like that sport (love me some IRL disc golf in a sunny afternoon)

I use too until last year (upstate south caroline for almost 10 years)
but I still use my XBox like it's in the US.... everything is set up the same my account is US and I'm behind a VPN at home.... but right now I'm not at home so no VPN setup router and I don't want to bother linking the XB to a PC and all that geek stuff for a couple of days.....
Oh I guess I'll just wait friday to DL the game if it doesn't work....