By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Update: Xbox Live “Ultimate Game Sale” Starts Today

disolitude 

One way to find out. :)

You may need XBL Gold to access these deals but I don't see why it wouldn't work. I created a japanese account to download sume region specific demos and content..

I'll try with a $5 game. Do you recomend any of these $5 games?

http://majornelson.com/2013/07/01/xbox-live-ultimate-game-sale-starts-today-2/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+MajorNelson+%28Major+Nelson+%28Xbox%29%29

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network
MoHasanie said:

disolitude 

One way to find out. :)

You may need XBL Gold to access these deals but I don't see why it wouldn't work. I created a japanese account to download sume region specific demos and content..

I'll try with a $5 game. Do you recomend any of these $5 games?

http://majornelson.com/2013/07/01/xbox-live-ultimate-game-sale-starts-today-2/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+MajorNelson+%28Major+Nelson+%28Xbox%29%29

Looking at 5 dollar games, I can say the following.

I've played Brothers In Arms and the single playe ris very good. Quite a different FPS game than most... But you could probably find it for 4.99 in store.

Crysis could be worth it for 4.99 if you never played it on PC.

Bulletstorm is 6 hours of fun if you never played it

Far Cry instincts, Pray, Perfect DArk Zero aren't worth it IMO. 

Max Payne 3 and Borderlands 2 are the best deal there IMO.

Dragon Age and Mass Effect are the best $5 games but I think you already have them or decided not to buy them.

Crysis and Borderslands both bought for €15. Can't wait!

Some of the deals seem good and some just okay like Farcry 3 for 20 I bought it on disc a couple weeks ago for that price.

Around the Network

Any idea if these Games on Demand available through Xbox and PS3 are counted in the software sales for each system? Also how much does MS get % wise of a sale compared to the publisher.

disolitude said:

I've played Brothers In Arms and the single playe ris very good. Quite a different FPS game than most... But you could probably find it for 4.99 in store.

Strangely, all of the games I tried to buy were all giving me errors. However, it let me buy Max Payne 3 and Borderlands 2, but it gave me errors when I tried Brothers in Arms, Assasin's Creed 3 and a few other games, each time saying its not available in your region. Oh well, 2/3 of the games I wanted is still great! :) 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

MoHasanie said:
disolitude said:

Strangely, all of the games I tried to buy were all giving me errors. However, it let me buy Max Payne 3 and Borderlands 2, but it gave me errors when I tried Brothers in Arms, Assasin's Creed 3 and a few other games, each time saying its not available in your region. Oh well, 2/3 of the games I wanted is still great! :) 

I've picked up Crysis. Already have it on PC but want to see how different it is on consoles...

Well I bought AC3, Borderlands 2 (despite just buying it for the third time retail about a week ago for $30) so both me and my cousins can play at the same time, and Bulletstorm because I never finished the game and figured I would get it since it only cost $5.

Sales of this caliber are seriously dangerous for my wallet. There are a lot of opportunities to impulse buy.

Oh man my backlog. ;_;