By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

JEMC said:

Was any of The Witcher games not buggy at launch? I don't see why this one would have been different.

Also:

I wonder what they could be for...

It a Demolition Man reference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdnuOa7tDco&ab_channel=BadfishKoo

Around the Network
Cyran said:
JEMC said:

Was any of The Witcher games not buggy at launch? I don't see why this one would have been different.

Also:

***three shells reference***

It a Demolition Man reference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdnuOa7tDco&ab_channel=BadfishKoo

Thank you but... I knew it. I was being sarcastic.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Alright since Toms seems to be the only one that have any benchmark numbers for Cyberpunk. Seems that even on Raster, the 3080 is beating the $1000 6900XT in Cyberpunk at 1440p and above. Toms thinks it's a memory bandwidth issue at even 1440p. Here it is post patch and game ready drivers:

Pure Raster:

Ray Tracing + DLSS

What's cool is now the 2 year old 2000 series users can experience Next Gen visuals thanks to DLSS and Ray Tracing but at a lower frame rate and resolution of course. But if you don't care about Ray Tracing, DLSS also gives pretty good performance increases for even a 2060 + Raster

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/cyberpunk-2077-pc-benchmarks-settings-performance-analysis

Hopefully they patch in the bugs cause clearly, whatever the Day 0 patch was didn't fix enough things.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Nvidia sponsored but the comparison in visual quality is real.

Can't imagine playing a game like this without RT + DLSS

Come on Alex from DF. Do your RT video already!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Cyberpunk certainly has some problems at the moment. Performance is disappointing, with an overclocked 1660 TI I run at 50-60fps on medium 1080p. For whatever reason the map screen tanks the FPS to below 20, and the inventory screen that shows your character model does the same.

When exiting from either of those two menus back to the game it runs at 30fps for about 10 seconds before sorting itself out and getting back up to the 60fps.

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:

Gotta say I'm disappointed in them. Not just due to the state of the game at release, but the fact that they've made a name for themselves proving AAA developers wrong and making fun of the industry and its various, terrible practices, with the release of unfinished games being among these.

My decision to wait about six months or so seems to have been a good one.

I just think they were delaying for a while, but then with the whole review embargo and not wanting leaked footage, it just feels like they cared more about getting that sweet 90 meta score over most people being able to play the game at 60fps. I would have been dandy had I been able to play this locked at 60fps, but even their own vsync options are wonky (like 72fps, 45 fps locks, really?).

I've been going over multiple youtuber settings, even those who sport a 1080ti like myself, and not much works. It also doesn't help that their in-game graphics settings do not come with the "apply" button, meaning you actually have to save the game, exit it completely and boot it up again for it to really take proper effect. CDPR really dropped the ball on this.

I've bought the game now and I'm past the refund window, so I'll probably just go back to playing WoW with the missus. Wait around 6 months and maybe play the game again, but as it currently stands, it plays worst than most FPS/RPG games I've played in years, performance wise. I can even play ESO, a janky MMO better than 2077. Having to turn down nearly everything to low just makes the game look like something from 7th gen, and even that doesn't improve perf.

JEMC said:

Also:

So glad someone on their team has love for 90's action movies like Demo man 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Optimization aside, how buggy and/or janky are your experiences with 2077 after the Day 1 patch so far? Wondering if I should wait for more patches.

JEMC said:

Also:

Yeah, but still no explanation how they work...

Guess we'll have to swear a lot to go to the loo...

TallSilhouette said:

Optimization aside, how buggy and/or janky are your experiences with 2077 after the Day 1 patch so far? Wondering if I should wait for more patches.

This was my first one I ran into during my first mission on my Corpo run:

The bugs after that are usually me simply nudging any NPC and said NPC's wigging out big time and running away from me, cops threatening me etc, but nothing major (even though that issue is annoying af at times when I want immersion).

Performance is pretty spotty, so I've had to scale back my internal res by 10% and crank up image sharpening to keep things crisp and stay just above 60fps, but I'll get dips in the 50's during running/driving and some combat moments. Had to put most stuff on low/medium though.

I just hope they actually sort the game out perf wise. Bugs for sure, but I value the performance gains more, because I do want to play more of the game, but the constant frame dips just pull me out of playing it for more than a half hr. 

If I were you, I'd honestly give it like 2-3 months before looking into buying it.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Think I may wait til I get my GPU after all.