By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

JEMC said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Some good old PC industry drama:

Nvidia has banned Hardware Unboxed from receiving Founders Edition cards due to their focus on Raster. Since Founders Edition cards are the first to get reviewed and are generally the most seen compared to AIBs, this would be a big blow if it sticks.

"Nvidia have officially decided to ban us from receiving GeForce Founders Edition GPU review samples

Their reasoning is that we are focusing on rasterization instead of ray tracing.

They have said they will revisit this "should your editorial direction change".

More to come"

https://twitter.com/HardwareUnboxed/status/1337246983682060289?s=20

Personally, I do think Hardware Unboxed has a heavy bias for AMD and their stance on Ray Tracing is dumb af. But with that being said, this is certainly not the way to go about it. Come on Nvidia, do better.

That's just one of Nvidia tantrums, showing how petty they can be sometimes. Raster is still important and RT is not everything, and it's not the fault of Hardware Unboxed is their cards lose in raster to AMD.

Hopefully, they'll rectify that position, but I don't think it will happen until after all the Ampere cards have been released.

Pretty much. I do think the idea of dismissing Ray Tracing all together as Hardware Unboxed seems to be doing is 110% nonsense from a reviewer as the point of reviewers is to inform people and not miss lead them by keeping out features that could be of interest to the consumer.

But I do think the wording that Nvidia uses based on the tweets is painting a bad picture for Nvidia.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

Nvidia being a crybaby even when they are winning.

Conina said:

So, did you already get the Cyberpunk Car in Forza Horizon 4 by playing the Night-City-Race?

She's... driving with a fake moustache and gloves?

Captain_Yuri said:
JEMC said:

That's just one of Nvidia tantrums, showing how petty they can be sometimes. Raster is still important and RT is not everything, and it's not the fault of Hardware Unboxed is their cards lose in raster to AMD.

Hopefully, they'll rectify that position, but I don't think it will happen until after all the Ampere cards have been released.

Pretty much. I do think the idea of dismissing Ray Tracing all together as Hardware Unboxed seems to be doing is 110% nonsense from a reviewer as the point of reviewers is to inform people and not miss lead them by keeping out features that could be of interest to the consumer.

But I do think the wording that Nvidia uses based on the tweets is painting a bad picture for Nvidia.

Yep, you can't dismiss RT when you test ou the features and performance of the latest cards, but Nvidia's overreaction damages their image more than anyhting.

green_sky said:

Nvidia being a crybaby even when they are winning.

They're no longer used to actually have competition. Nvidia is used to win by a mile, and now they got "almost" beaten by a competition that two gens ago, with the RX 480, was barely able to beat their xx60 offering.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become Bethesda.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
JEMC said:
Conina said:

So, did you already get the Cyberpunk Car in Forza Horizon 4 by playing the Night-City-Race?

Sure, normally she is also wearing a top hat, but the car roof is too low:

JEMC said:

Pillars of Eternity & Tyranny are free to own on Epic Games Store
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/pillars-of-eternity-tyranny-are-free-to-own-on-epic-games-store/
Epic Games has announced that Pillars of Eternity and Tyranny are currently free to own on Epic Games Store. From today and until December 17th, PC gamers can visit their EGS pages and acquire their free copies.
Going into more details, Epic is offering the Definitive Edition for Pillars of Eternity and the Gold Edition for Tyranny.
>> And next week the free game will be a surprise! And that's because...

Epic will give away a free game every day starting next week
https://www.pcgamer.com/epic-will-give-away-a-free-game-every-day-starting-next-week/
Steam sales sneak up on us. Plentiful leaks mean we generally have a pretty good idea about when they're coming but even so, it's never official until, bam, the green flag drops and the sale is live. Epic, on the other hand, is giving us plenty of notice about its upcoming Holiday Sale, which it announced today will kick off on December 17.
Games will be discounted by up to 75 percent during the sale, which isn't bad, but the big hook will more likely be the free games that Epic will be flinging around like a fat guy on a rooftop. Instead of the usual weekly giveaway, the Holiday Sale will see a new freebie every day until the end of the month—15 games in total.
>> We'll see how many of those free games are new and how many were already given during the year.

Crazy how long these free games have lasted. I expected maybe a year of giveaways at most, but there's no let up in sight. Wonder how much this is costing Epic. They're definitely playing the long game.

Conina said:
JEMC said:

Sure, normally she is also wearing a top hat, but the car roof is too low:

I... I have some questions. But I think I'll sleep better if I don't know the answers

Weirdo .

TallSilhouette said:
JEMC said:

Pillars of Eternity & Tyranny are free to own on Epic Games Store
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/pillars-of-eternity-tyranny-are-free-to-own-on-epic-games-store/
Epic Games has announced that Pillars of Eternity and Tyranny are currently free to own on Epic Games Store. From today and until December 17th, PC gamers can visit their EGS pages and acquire their free copies.
Going into more details, Epic is offering the Definitive Edition for Pillars of Eternity and the Gold Edition for Tyranny.
>> And next week the free game will be a surprise! And that's because...

Epic will give away a free game every day starting next week
https://www.pcgamer.com/epic-will-give-away-a-free-game-every-day-starting-next-week/
Steam sales sneak up on us. Plentiful leaks mean we generally have a pretty good idea about when they're coming but even so, it's never official until, bam, the green flag drops and the sale is live. Epic, on the other hand, is giving us plenty of notice about its upcoming Holiday Sale, which it announced today will kick off on December 17.
Games will be discounted by up to 75 percent during the sale, which isn't bad, but the big hook will more likely be the free games that Epic will be flinging around like a fat guy on a rooftop. Instead of the usual weekly giveaway, the Holiday Sale will see a new freebie every day until the end of the month—15 games in total.
>> We'll see how many of those free games are new and how many were already given during the year.

Crazy how long these free games have lasted. I expected maybe a year of giveaways at most, but there's no let up in sight. Wonder how much this is costing Epic. They're definitely playing the long game.

They're trying to become a relevant store and they'r fighting against a giant, Steam. They'll keep doing that for a long as they can and, with Tencent and the success of Fortnite, they can do it for a long time.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

OMG

GOT IT!!!

Last edited by Jizz_Beard_thePirate - on 11 December 2020

The final piece! Congratulations.