By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should I get the HTC One or Galaxy 4S?

HTC One 20 51.28%

Galaxy 4S 17 43.59%

Total:37

I know you have not asked, but I bought an Xperia Play last year - Man! - do I love it. Having Psx, GBA and Snes emulators everywhere is like a dream. Just wish they would make another one, with bigger, bulkier buttons, tough I find it's not gonna happen. :(

Around the Network

Don't get the S4. Its sales are disappointing and Samsung shares plunged after investors found out that S4 wasn't selling nearly as well as they hoped. Besides, the S4 looks exactly the same as the S3 with slightly better features.

I would get a Lumia 925 if I were you because I think the OS is great and it looks like a very nice phone. The HTC One also looks like a great phone better than the S4.
If you can wait, then wait to see how the Iphone 5S is, cause it could be special.

There's no point in getting an Xperia Z now because they made the Galaxy S4 active which is waterproof. So if you want a waterproof phone then decide which phone between the 2 but I think the S4 would be better than the Xperia.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

I have a Nokia Lumina...i dunno 770... LOL I'm probably one of the few people here who has a windows phone, and I've owned iPhones and Galaxy's in the past.

My opinion is meh, Android is best.

Windows phones have some perks, but there are also some big flaws, and since apps is the first thing you mentioned, then the windows phone is probably not for you. Not only are there less apps on windows phones, the infrastructure of windows phones is stupid. e.g. I had to download my weather network app from the website on the browser, it wasn't available in the marketplace when I downloaded it (still might not be).

Also with a windows phone, you are forced to use the "bing" search engine, which is a real peice of crap. There is a google search app, but it's not a browser, so it's really annoying when you want to search something. Unless you open a separate app, you're forced to use bing search. Google maps are still available, but I have GPS off on my phone to save power, and every time I load google maps it says "GPS is off, blah blah, blah."

iPhone is a bit better then a windows phone, but I still don't like is. A lot of aps, like Angry Birds, are free on Android devices, but cost money on Windows Phone and iPhones. Plus with Android Phones, you're allowed to get apps outside the app store, and there are so many apps for it. e.g. I have a GBA emulator, and my friend has an N64 emulator. Can't do that on iPhones.

Another app I had on my android phone was one that allowed you to download songs directly onto your phone. I was real lice because you should identify a song with shazam/sound house, and the download it minutes later onto a custom playlist. I listened to a lot more music on my Android because of this, and I would even say that my taste and knowledge in music grew too.

So in terms of convienience, I say Android Phone. Even if none of the problems I listed apply to you, there are a lot of annoying loopholes you have to jump through to get apps which are easy to get on Android Phones. I can't comment on camera/performance, etc, because my phone is out-dated.

--

P.S. I bought my windows phone, not because it's a windows phone, but because it's a Nokia, and I wanted a reliable phone. So far, it's much much more reliable then the iphone. I've owned my phone for over a year, and it's only frozen once. I'm not gentle with my phones at all, within 1 year, my iPhone started to have serious software glitches, and my lock screen button broke, so I would have to wait a minute before the phone locked. By 1.5 years the other button stopped working, and it was a monthly trip to the repair shop. I eventually just gave up when buttons just started to fall off. I still have my iPhone 3GS, but it can't charge, the buttons don't work, the volume button doesn't exist anymore, and the battery is dead. LOL.

Can't compare to my Galaxy because after only a year I dropped it in the toilet, and flushed....... Until then it had 0 issues though, so I can confirm it was doing a lot better then my iPhone.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Just buy Xperia Z, you shouldn't be disappointed.

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Galaxy note 3 is coming! Brace yourselves!

Around the Network

Whoa. Noticing some wrong info in the thread Moreno. You should have a look at reviews of the phones on youtube or popular review sites. You will find that most of the phones you are thinking of getting are top phones which won't disappoint.

There are small differences between the phones...so identify what is more important for you and go for what suites you best.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

HTC One

http://youtu.be/qUOS2ILXD-0

MoHasanie said:
Don't get the S4. Its sales are disappointing and Samsung shares plunged after investors found out that S4 wasn't selling nearly as well as they hoped.

That's like saying "don't buy a Ferrari because they don't sell as many cars as Ford does"

Ridiculous statement.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

Shinobi-san said:
Whoa. Noticing some wrong info in the thread Moreno. You should have a look at reviews of the phones on youtube or popular review sites. You will find that most of the phones you are thinking of getting are top phones which won't disappoint.

There are small differences between the phones...so identify what is more important for you and go for what suites you best.

You own the HTC one, correct?

Is it as customizable as the S4? How nice is the software function wise? Since its Android it supports all the same Apps as the Galaxy S4?

Nexus 4 would actually be my pick for anyone.

You get a superb device with great build quality.
It'll get Google updates immediately.
It runs the smoothest as compared to any other Android set and really as smooth as any other premier device.

Brand new from Google the 16GB model is only $350. No Contract.