By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should I get the HTC One or Galaxy 4S?

HTC One 20 51.28%

Galaxy 4S 17 43.59%

Total:37

If you ask me, you should save your money and just get a regular mobile phone, but thats not the popular thing to do, it seems.

It also plays its own games and It will have PS4 remote play!

Around the Network
superchunk said:

Found this on Anandtech forums.

Galaxy S4
Biggest Wins: Fastest phone available, camera quality (outdoors), plethora of exclusive UI features
Biggest Con: Cheap plastic feel
Other: Does have SD expansion and removable battery

Recommendation: Buy the SGS4 if you want the TouchWiz UI and features, or must have SD expansion and removable battery.

HTC One
Biggest Wins: All metal unibody construction, front facing stereo speakers, camera quality (indoors)
Biggest Con: HTC has been inconsistent with keeping their phones up-to-date.
Other: No SD expansion or removable battery

To be fair, I believe the US versions of the S4 and HTC One have the same quad core snapdragon 600 SoC.  Both very fast.  I would still give the edge to the s4 for other reasons though.  I have the galaxy s3 and that is already a beast.

morenoingrato said:
I can't seem to find a 64GB version of the HTC One that's unlocked and doesn't have that developers crap thingy.

Can I just ignore that or are there some risks?

What exactly do you mean by "developers crap thingy"?

nnodley said:
morenoingrato said:
I can't seem to find a 64GB version of the HTC One that's unlocked and doesn't have that developers crap thingy.

Can I just ignore that or are there some risks?

HTC One developer's edition with unlocked bootloader. That's the only version that has 64GB and is unlocked.

Nem said:
If you ask me, you should save your money and just get a regular mobile phone, but thats not the popular thing to do, it seems.

For me, my smartphone (HTC DNA) is my most treasured device. I pretty much use it for everything, and everyday, mostly because it allows me to stay connected to the internet at all times. I use my smartphone for calls, texting, email, website browsing, social networks (facebook, tumblr, instragram), forum activity, google searches, google maps, taking pictures, games, music, and even as a remote for my computers that are hooked up to my 2 TVs.  I'm thinking of using my smartphone for even more things such as reading books and maybe even using it to learn a language. All these functions in just one device that fits in my pocket. Maybe a regular phone would be adequate for you, but not for everyone. Definitely not for me.

@morenoingrato I would suggest getting the HTC One. I just love the look and feel and I'm a big fan of HTC. My last two smartphones have been HTC they have both been really awesome.

Around the Network
morenoingrato said:
nnodley said:

HTC One developer's edition with unlocked bootloader. That's the only version that has 64GB and is unlocked.

Hmm,  yeah it seems there is not one without that.  Weird they don't have that option.  

htc one

So you won't consider an Iphone at all?
One of the biggest disadvantages of both the S4 and HTC One is that their battery life isn't that great. It drains quite fast at least in comparison to the Iphone 5 or even the Note 2. And to fully charge both phones takes around 3 hours! On the other hand the Iphone 5 charges faster and takes around 1hr 45min.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

I recently had the same dilemma. I ended up going with the Galaxy S4 and I'm very happy with the decision. Other than taking a while to learn all of the, what seems to be endless, features it is an awesome phone. The only reason I would go with the HTC one over the galaxy is if you aren't getting a case and you are hard on your phones. The galaxy is made of plastic and will most definitely shatter if dropped unprotected. The HTC one is made of aluminum and is much tougher. However, you can't go wrong with either of these phones.

20happyballs said:
Nem said:

For me, my smartphone (HTC DNA) is my most treasured device. I pretty much use it for everything, and everyday, mostly because it allows me to stay connected to the internet at all times. I use my smartphone for calls, texting, email, website browsing, social networks (facebook, tumblr, instragram), forum activity, google searches, google maps, taking pictures, games, music, and even as a remote for my computers that are hooked up to my 2 TVs.  I'm thinking of using my smartphone for even more things such as reading books and maybe even using it to learn a language. All these functions in just one device that fits in my pocket. Maybe a regular phone would be adequate for you, but not for everyone. Definitely not for me.

@morenoingrato I would suggest getting the HTC One. I just love the look and feel and I'm a big fan of HTC. My last two smartphones have been HTC they have both been really awesome.

I have a Vita for those other things. :P