By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should I get the HTC One or Galaxy 4S?

HTC One 20 51.28%

Galaxy 4S 17 43.59%

Total:37

Updated the thread title.

After an afternoon of investigation, I'm undecided between the two beasts.

Around the Network

Found this on Anandtech forums.

Galaxy S4
Biggest Wins: Fastest phone available, camera quality (outdoors), plethora of exclusive UI features
Biggest Con: Cheap plastic feel
Other: Does have SD expansion and removable battery

Recommendation: Buy the SGS4 if you want the TouchWiz UI and features, or must have SD expansion and removable battery.

HTC One
Biggest Wins: All metal unibody construction, front facing stereo speakers, camera quality (indoors)
Biggest Con: HTC has been inconsistent with keeping their phones up-to-date.
Other: No SD expansion or removable battery

Recommendation: Buy the HTC One if you value construction quality and usability and don't care for software gimmicks.

Nexus 4
Biggest Wins: Vanilla Android experience with the latest updates, price
Biggest Con: Camera Quality
Other: No SD expansion or removable battery

Recommendation: Buy the Nexus 4 if you want the vanilla Android experience with the latest updates or if want the best bang for your buck on a phone out of contract.

Found this little chart... (prices missing from S4/HTC1, but their similar to iPhone5s or about $6000 to $700 off contract including the Google editions)

dont go with samsung, their phones suck. mine is driving me crazy.

None. Get a Xperia Z.

Great performance, water and dust proof, and the hardware itself looks amazing. It's currently the best looking smartphone IMO

Just keep your old phone... save money. Are you really going to use all those features?

Around the Network

If you have the cash... the Google experience versions of either of those phones would be your best bet.

Just hit up the Google Play store and buy directly off contract. (HTC One has better build in this instance and is cheaper)

Galaxy S4 for cool features

HTC One for a sleek solid phone that performs the best at this point in time.

Depends on what you prefer.

I can't seem to find a 64GB version of the HTC One that's unlocked and isn't the developer's edition with unlocked bootloader.

Can I just ignore that or are there some risks?

wick said:
MoHasanie said:
Don't get the S4. Its sales are disappointing and Samsung shares plunged after investors found out that S4 wasn't selling nearly as well as they hoped.

That's like saying "don't buy a Ferrari because they don't sell as many cars as Ford does"

Ridiculous statement.

Well a lot of people like to buy what's the most popular. The S4 is not the most popular phone right now. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

xperia Z