By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should I get the HTC One or Galaxy 4S?

HTC One 20 51.28%

Galaxy 4S 17 43.59%

Total:37

So, my lovely grandfather has decided to give me a new Smartphone for my grad. Since I know this place is filled with the most passionate Apple haters, and I feel the iPhone does not feel as stylish anymore, I'd like to change things.

So, why would I pick one over the other?

Some factors would be:

- Apps

- Camera

- Performance

- Negatives

- Media Player

- Prince is non-issue

Please be objective.

EDIT:

I think that Lumia has potential, but it's not right for me yet. Since many of you have heavily recommended the HTC One, I'm starting to get interested.

Around the Network

I've used one phone each from all three of them. Iphone 3G to Galaxy S2 and now using Lumia 920. All of them do the things you want them to do but how they do those things does differ. So it is really your call to make on buying one of these really expensive products.

I usually went for the cheapest one. 3G was new back in days and it was no more expensive than getting a Nokia E71 etc. Got galaxy unlocked for 40% of the price when GS3 was announced. Also windows phone is not selling that well. So it was half price compared to flagship from android and apple.

If price is no concern go crazy with Iphone 5S 64GB edition or unlocked HTC One platinum plated edition. As for features they all have them but ios does get more of those mobile games.

I have the Lumia 920. I would prefer the Galaxy. The reason I bought the Lu,ia was 'cause it was on the bargain bid.

I would buy an Xperia Z based on lots of youtube reviews ;D

morenoingrato said:

- Prince is non-issue

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

If the price is a non-issue...I'd say you should decide between a Galaxy S4 and an IPhone 5S

morenoingrato said:

So, my lovely grandfather has decided to give me a new Smartphone for my grad. Since I know this place is filled with the most passionate Apple haters, and I feel the iPhone does not feel as stylish anymore, I'd like to change things.

So, why would I pick one over the other?

Some factors would be:

- Apps

- Camera

- Performance

- Negatives

- Media Player

- Prince is non-issue

Please be objective.

EDIT:

I like Lumia's style, but I feel it doesn't have enough Apps to justify the purchase. I do play Smartphone games.

I want to experiment with Java phone Apps, so that gives Galaxy S4 an edge.

Don't, just get an S4. I got one last week after years of iphone use and it's leaps and bounds better than the iphone 5. Plus the new S4 active came out. So if you hard on your phones it's a good choice, it's dust resistant and water prof.

Heavenly_King said:
I would buy an Xperia Z based on lots of youtube reviews ;D

God i wanted and still want that phone. I just cant see droping 600 on it right now. With new consoles coming out. but i will be gettign the tablet z for my girl. That will have to do for now. Plus theres some really cool apps and it controlls your tv with an IR blaster. 

Well if you don't buy an iPhone you won't have sexy time with me and other members of vgchartz.. we try to play with each other from time to time..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

go with iphone 5 or htc one