By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - New federal rules require healthier school snacks

Tagged games:

So what do you think of this?

Good 25 69.44%

Bad 11 30.56%

Total:36
SlayerRondo said:
the2real4mafol said:

This will unevenly effect the poor as the rich can just choose more expensive food if they want it more healthy, but the poor simply have to choose food that taste worse if they can't afford unhealthy food that taxing it will do.

This is BS because healthy food is cheaper than unhealthy. If you buy bulk meat, potatoes, vegetables and make a huge stew that serves 4 people a meal for the next four meals you can do so for under $10. Try doing that for ready meals, or McDonalds, or other unhealthy sources.

Around the Network
Soleron said:
SlayerRondo said:
the2real4mafol said:

This will unevenly effect the poor as the rich can just choose more expensive food if they want it more healthy, but the poor simply have to choose food that taste worse if they can't afford unhealthy food that taxing it will do.

This is BS because healthy food is cheaper than unhealthy. If you buy bulk meat, potatoes, vegetables and make a huge stew that serves 4 people a meal for the next four meals you can do so for under $10. Try doing that for ready meals, or McDonalds, or other unhealthy sources.

It's true.  People make the "junk food cheaper" arguement based on calorie per dollar anaysis... which are fatally flawed.

If anyone really can't understand why, just eat a Candy bar in comparison to an Apple.

The Apple is more filling AND has less calories.

Kasz216 said:
Soleron said:
SlayerRondo said:
the2real4mafol said:

It's true.  People make the "junk food cheaper" arguement based on calorie per dollar anaysis... which are fatally flawed.

If anyone really can't understand why, just eat a Candy bar in comparison to an Apple.

Then why do people need to tax fast food more? Given that the stew option is so cheap (and for some people to time consuming) why don't people go for it if it's more healthy?

Because they Chose not to, simply as that. And if i choose to eat junk food and you choose to eat healthy that's fine. If i come crying to you some day if i eat to much that i need medical healp or something, tell me to fuck off.

If i want a candy bar and not an apple, that's my choice, not your's.

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

A rule like that is already applied here in my country but, I don't really know if it's working...

Granola bars and trail mix are delicious. Good ole raisins and peanuts.

Around the Network

If this happened in my old high school there will definitely be less que lines XD

This reminds me of that one thats so raven episode where they banned sodas so they smuggled sodas in by hiding them in milk cartons. XD

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

I think it's a good start at least. You can never entirely moderate what kids are eating. If you want to go out to the shops and buy stupid shit, then all the power to you, but while you're at school they should try to entrench healthy eating habits.

How about take away snacks and replace it with fruits and food? There's nothing healthy about baked chips and diet soda.

SlayerRondo said:
Kasz216 said:
Soleron said:
SlayerRondo said:
the2real4mafol said:

Then why do people need to tax fast food more? Given that the stew option is so cheap (and for some people to time consuming) why don't people go for it if it's more healthy?

Because they Chose not to, simply as that. And if i choose to eat junk food and you choose to eat healthy that's fine. If i come crying to you some day if i eat to much that i need medical healp or something, tell me to fuck off.

If i want a candy bar and not an apple, that's my choice, not your's.

Not sure I see  your arguement here.

Kids don't get fat from vending machines. They get fat from the horrible foods they eat away from school.

These laws are a complete waste of time.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)