By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Activision talks Xbox One price: Microsoft will have to “convince people that the higher price point is worth it”

J_Allard said:
LivingMetal said:

And you confirmed earlier that you do not understand Uncharted.  There are plenty of platforming and puzzles that make this game an action/adventure game.  And this is coming from a platforming fan that doesn't care much for shooters.

Not denying there are action elements. Or adventure, though those are extremely weak. But it's a 3rd person shooter with little "puzzle" and "platforming" sections thrown in. The bulk of the game is running down one corridor or another into the next killbox to fight off waves of enemies. Just like Gears of War. You know, that first person shooter that is not story driven.

I respect your POV. But I was amazingly surprised at how much I enjoyed Uncharted as a platforming fan especially the impression we were all given that it was primarily a shooter from a media standpoint.  Remember that Uncharted 2 commercial where the guy's girlfriend thought the game was a movie?  Well, my wife got so caught up in watching me play the first one that she thought that was a movie, too moreso because of the adventure aspects.

Around the Network

I'll get an Xbone when TitanFall releases, but i dont know if i'll wait that long. PS4 is day one, and the reason is the price, I like their launch titles better, and most of my friends are getting a PS4.

Goatseye said:
Player1x3 said:
Goatseye said:
Icy-Zone said:
They're going to have to pull the wool over people's eyes with their advertising, because right now Sony is delivering absolutely more value at a cheaper price.

The term value is very relative to gamers. For example, some players prefer action adventure games better so they choose Xbox. Others prefer JRPG they go with Play Station. Others, platformers and eastern gems so they go with Nintendo.

Action adventure such as Uncharted, God of War, and The Last of Us? Or ''action'' adventure such as Ryse?

No. I'm talking about Halo, Alan Wake, Gears etc...

Gears and Halo are shooters, that much should be painfully obvious...

From what I see the article is correct. I mean when you have a PS4 for $100 and the AVERAGE consumer pretty much seems them as almost the same unless there is some HUGE deal breaker they will just go with the cheaper PS4.

As far as who has the better launch line-up and first year games that is all up to the preference of the player. We can't just say MS has the best or Sony does seeing as......NEITHER OF THEM HAS EVEN FINISHED ANNOUNCING WHAT ALL THEY HAVE COMING!!! LOL....SO chill out folks and WAIT to see what bot have up their sleeves geez.

Lastly as far as the controller goes...that is all subjective. And for me I like both depending on what types of games I am playing. If I am playing a 3rd or first person shooter I prefer the Xbox controller because it flows better for me. For most any other type of game though I prefer the PS controller because it works better for me. ESPECIALLY when it comes to fighting games...it is EASILY the better of the two. But then that is just my opinion.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Player1x3 said:

Gears and Halo are shooters, that much should be painfully obvious...

Why are they shooters. Give me an explanation not a smartass answer!

Around the Network
V-r0cK said:
Goatseye said:
V-r0cK said:

Ok now you're just being ridiculous.  No 1 year old baby actually plays video games! My niece that time was like 7 years old.  LOL they are not the same size. As well, its also the placement of the buttons to where you grip the controller. A few millimeters makes a difference in button layout/analog layout.  

But I see you're just trolling now by mentioning a 1yr old baby in the converstation.  So i'll just stop.  Nice to know never to take anything Goatseye says seriously ever again. 

That's because I didn't take anything you said seriously. Average controller aren't made for 7 years old.

There are games that are made for 7yr old kids so you'd be stupid to design something a kid can't use but have kid content on it? Name me a 1yr old baby game that's made for babies.  Also if you recall, NES, SNES, and Genesis controllers were even smaller, so what were the averages made for those controllers?

Let me see N64 controller is smaller than Xbox 360's. Right?                                               

Kids must have had a hard time playing Gamecube.

Here's a website for you to take a nice afternoon read: http://gamer.blorge.com/2008/11/22/analysis-ps3-vs-xbox-360-controller-comparison/

LivingMetal said:
Goatseye said:

I would say it, if it wasn't a derrogatory term used by innadept FPS players to undermine the genre.

It's not derragatory.  Why would it be?  What alternate universe do you live in?

By your sig I see that you already made up your mind on this discussion. So why bother reply my thoughts to you.

I just wished Microsoft would remove the Kinect from the bundle so the price can be dropped to like $349 and include a free 3 month Live subscription and 1 choice of game to go ith the purchase of the bundle.

This has been an amusing 10 pages. Personally, I thought his comment was a bit neutral, although maybe I sensed a little bit of a *zing* toward Microsoft for promoting ex-IWards TitanFall.

J_Allard said:
RenCutypoison said:
J_Allard said:
Uncharted is a shooter. Calling is action adventure is like calling Gears of War an action adventure game.

^THIS is a shooter

More seriously, Shooter = subgenre of action

Adventure = Story driven, puzzle solving

Uncharted = Third Person Shooter, story driven, some puzzle solving.

Gears of war = First Person Shooter, not story driven, no puzzle solving

All you're doing in this post is confirming for all of us that you have never seen/played Gears.

Yeah, I wrote first instead of third. How horrible am I.

And yeah there is some cool platforming in uncharted, but too much scripted to be considered real platforming.

Still, the scene on the train in the second one was amazing.