By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Activision talks Xbox One price: Microsoft will have to “convince people that the higher price point is worth it”

I would think some of this is Activision is angry with Microsoft for helping those guys that Activision had fired and sued.

Let’s look at the names “Titan Fall” could be Activision is the Titan and they are going to lose to their new competitor. Even the plot seems to have a little guy versus a giant malevolent corporation.

And ReSpawn – and in renew, new live, to rise like a phoenix from the ashes. I don’t think either of this is really an accident, but the game looks awesome!

It’s true, MS does need to convince consumers to spend the extra 20% for their console. I think Activision is giving a little jab to Microsoft.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Around the Network
ronco2000 said:
Goatseye said:
Ok, let me see.
Forza 5, Killer Instinct, free to play Project Spark...
Kinect 2.0(impressive piece of tech)
Best controller in the game
Probably the best media center available

Humm, soooooold...

Ding Ding Ding, we have a fanboy. Good luck convincing your xbox buddies to fork out extra $100 to play COD or Battlefield with. Stupid fanboy!!

You gotta read the forum rules buddy, but you'll learn. They will soften you VGchartz McNuggets.

My buddies play games like Killer Instinct, Tekken, Alan Wake and Fifa.

OH, I LOVE XBOX. Does that make you mad that I prefer Microsoft over Son¥?

Player1x3 said:
Goatseye said:
Icy-Zone said:
They're going to have to pull the wool over people's eyes with their advertising, because right now Sony is delivering absolutely more value at a cheaper price.

The term value is very relative to gamers. For example, some players prefer action adventure games better so they choose Xbox. Others prefer JRPG they go with Play Station. Others, platformers and eastern gems so they go with Nintendo.

Action adventure such as Uncharted, God of War, and The Last of Us? Or ''action'' adventure such as Ryse?

No. I'm talking about Halo, Alan Wake, Gears etc...

darkshadow23 said:
Player1x3 said:
Goatseye said:
Icy-Zone said:
They're going to have to pull the wool over people's eyes with their advertising, because right now Sony is delivering absolutely more value at a cheaper price.

The term value is very relative to gamers. For example, some players prefer action adventure games better so they choose Xbox. Others prefer JRPG they go with Play Station. Others, platformers and eastern gems so they go with Nintendo.

Action adventure such as Uncharted, God of War, and The Last of Us? Or ''action'' adventure such as Ryse?

Goatseye doesn't seem to know what he is talking about.

Can you scholar gamers define what is action and what is shooter?

Let me leave you with a dictionary reference to read after you guys watch Netflix, I mean that's what you guys most likely do.

noun

an exciting or very unusual experience.
participation in exciting undertakings or enterprises: the spirit of adventure.
a bold, usually risky undertaking; hazardous action of uncertain outcome.
a commercial or financial speculation of any kind; venture.

Multimedialover said:
Both from a consumer coice point of view and from a gamers pint of view MS are definatly winning. More exclusives at launch, christmas and next year. I still wonder WTF apart from Multiplatform games people will buy for PS4.

After KZ3 was terrible KZ4 and it being a shooter isnt helping Sony at all.

At launch is matter of 3 vs. 4 exclusives; so really it is not much of a difference really.  And if you count "console exclusives" (games also on PC); since you people love to talk about TitanFall; then the PS4 has more games at launch.

The PS4 has more exclusives in development for 1st year than XBO.

Multiplatforms will eventually looks better on the PS4.

KZ3 might be terrible for you only.  And KZ:SF looks really amazing so far.

The PS4 costs $100 less.

I really dont see how the XBO is the choice for costumers really.

Around the Network
Goatseye said:
V-r0cK said:

Ok now you're just being ridiculous.  No 1 year old baby actually plays video games! My niece that time was like 7 years old.  LOL they are not the same size. As well, its also the placement of the buttons to where you grip the controller. A few millimeters makes a difference in button layout/analog layout.  

But I see you're just trolling now by mentioning a 1yr old baby in the converstation.  So i'll just stop.  Nice to know never to take anything Goatseye says seriously ever again. 

That's because I didn't take anything you said seriously. Average controller aren't made for 7 years old.

There are games that are made for 7yr old kids so you'd be stupid to design something a kid can't use but have kid content on it? Name me a 1yr old baby game that's made for babies.  Also if you recall, NES, SNES, and Genesis controllers were even smaller, so what were the averages made for those controllers?

RenCutypoison said:
J_Allard said:
Uncharted is a shooter. Calling is action adventure is like calling Gears of War an action adventure game.

^THIS is a shooter

More seriously, Shooter = subgenre of action

Adventure = Story driven, puzzle solving

Uncharted = Third Person Shooter, story driven, some puzzle solving.

Gears of war = First Person Shooter, not story driven, no puzzle solving

All you're doing in this post is confirming for all of us that you have never seen/played Gears.

J_Allard said:
RenCutypoison said:
J_Allard said:
Uncharted is a shooter. Calling is action adventure is like calling Gears of War an action adventure game.

^THIS is a shooter

More seriously, Shooter = subgenre of action

Adventure = Story driven, puzzle solving

Uncharted = Third Person Shooter, story driven, some puzzle solving.

Gears of war = First Person Shooter, not story driven, no puzzle solving

All you're doing in this post is confirming for all of us that you have never seen/played Gears.

And you confirmed earlier that you do not understand Uncharted.  There are plenty of platforming and puzzles that make this game an action/adventure game.  And this is coming from a platforming fan that doesn't care much for shooters.

Goatseye said:
psrock said:

It's ok to say shooters

I would say it, if it wasn't a derrogatory term used by innadept FPS players to undermine the genre.

It's not derragatory.  Why would it be?  What alternate universe do you live in?

LivingMetal said:

And you confirmed earlier that you do not understand Uncharted.  There are plenty of platforming and puzzles that make this game an action/adventure game.  And this is coming from a platforming fan that doesn't care much for shooters.

Not denying there are action elements. Or adventure, though those are extremely weak. But it's a 3rd person shooter with little "puzzle" and "platforming" sections thrown in. The bulk of the game is running down one corridor or another into the next killbox to fight off waves of enemies. Just like Gears of War. You know, that first person shooter that is not story driven. Anyways, not going to waste any more time talking about genres.