By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Activision talks Xbox One price: Microsoft will have to “convince people that the higher price point is worth it”

Goatseye said:
Xbox 360 controller is considered the best in the gaming industry!

I could even agree, but that D-pad is a deal breaker. Of course, the One has a new D-pad, so I'll just know after trying it (and maybe I will regret buying 2 360 controller for my PC las month with the new ones coming in November).

Around the Network
torok said:
Goatseye said:
Xbox 360 controller is considered the best in the gaming industry!

I could even agree, but that D-pad is a deal breaker. Of course, the One has a new D-pad, so I'll just know after trying it (and maybe I will regret buying 2 360 controller for my PC las month with the new ones coming in November).

Remember that nothing is perfect.

coolguy said:
So activision don't like the xbone price why did they take there brib from ms for cod ghost map packs

I can answer that for you.

Bigger and more active online community on Xbox platform. And probably, Son¥ bribe wasn't enough.

There's an easy solution to this "expensive-ness" though.....remove Kinect, and price it at $399!

Honestly I think they BOTH have a challenge to convince people to buy them. $500 to burn during the holidays will go more to iPad's than any of these consoles. Sounds nuts, doesn't it? But it's true.

Seriously, we keep fighting each other while more and more consumers are ignoring consoles. 3 years from now we'll wonder what happend. :

Around the Network

Without kinect, x1 production cost should be less then ps4, kinect alone do not cost more then 100$(since that spy camera in every bundle, i'm talking about production cost), so i don't see why i should pay more for cheaper/worse product.
Even if they throw kinect out and set 399, it's still would be worse then ps4, they should set 449 with kinect or 379/349 without kinect, but they not gonna do it until 2014.

Nintendo 2018

English is not my native language.
Goatseye said:
V-r0cK said:

I'll call BS on that and assume that's just your own opinion and not the industry's.  I don't care for these controller wars, but if you think about it, the Dualshock1-3 is the best since it's the same since PS1 with hundreds of millions people using that controller style.  Why did Sony keep that style if it wasn't working?

I know there are many games that say its too small, but was Sony smart and design the size of the Dualshock to fit average hands.  A while back, my niece couldn't play 360 with her dad cause the controller was too big for her, so she's been playing Playstation with me ever since.  Don't get me started with the original Xbox controller lol.

The best controller in the gaming industry is the one that majory of people use and you can't deny that there's alot more Dualshock controllers out there.

There's a lot more Toyotas in the world than Ferraris. Just saying according to your analogy.

Toyotas  are cheap. Ferraris are expensive. Dualshock controllers and Xbox controllers are the same price. Not exactly the same.

I'm sorry but KZ3 was a great game. 84 metacritic with a fairly close user review averaging at 7.9. So the users of the game and critics were fairly close in its review. I have a lot of fun on the multiplayer, the game supports clan battles. Compare that too Halo 4 (halo a game with a fanatic following) got an 87 metacritic, but a distinctly lower user score of 6.9
http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/halo-4
http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/killzone-3

Furthermore, KZ3 beat out Crysis 2 for best looking FPS on console
http://www.lensoftruth.com/head2head-killzone-3-vs-crysis-2-analysis/

Though to be fair I think I enjoyed Crysis 2 way more than KZ3 multiplayer... Crysis 3 less so

Comparing the screen shots and reviews on Lensoftruth.com I'm not sure if Halo 4 even looks better than KZ3, but I think its fairly close. KZ3 has a bit more grittiness, and Halo 4 has some flair to the graphics that make it look beautiful, but even still I think KZ3 might have the upper hand in graphics over Halo 4 (though that might just be my preference on art style)

Talal said:
I will permaban myself if the game releases in 2014.

in reference to KH3 release date

We'll have to see if MS can convince people that the One is worth $100 more than the PS4. Allot can change between now and the end of this year so it's hard to say. I think MS might be betting too much on the success of Kinect though.

Goatseye said:
Ok, let me see.
Forza 5, Killer Instinct, free to play Project Spark...
Kinect 2.0(impressive piece of tech)
Best controller in the game
Probably the best media center available

Humm, soooooold...

Ding Ding Ding, we have a fanboy. Good luck convincing your xbox buddies to fork out extra $100 to play COD or Battlefield with. Stupid fanboy!!