By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Did MSFT "killed" Sony like they said they would

ironmanDX said:
weaveworld said:

Can someone remind me what 'megaton' announcements MS had?

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/06/26/titanfall-dominates-game-critics-best-of-e3-2013-nominations/

And MGS V, FFXV and KH3 are multi-plat and dedicated servers for every game. I'm not saying Sony lost but jusy because they won doesn't mean MS didn't drop bombs too.

Was that a 'megaton' announcement? No. It's the game people enjoyed the most seeing. It's not, hey we bought FFXIII, megaton.

Although MS showed a lot of games, they didn't even come close to killing anyone because there wasn't a major surprise. That's what makes you own a conference. Land at least one killing blow. And I'm only talking about games here.

Around the Network

Sony won easily, in my opinion. The Order: 1886 and Infamous: Second Son sold me completely on the PS4, and meanwhile I'm also very excited for Killzone: Shadow Fall and Drive Club. Meanwhile, the only noteworthy Xbone games were Dead Rising 3 and Quantum Break. So, Sony floored MS with the PS4. Add to that its cheaper price, cheaper multiplayer and incredible DS4 and Sony has made a killing.

I think MS won E3.

weaveworld said:
ironmanDX said:
weaveworld said:

Can someone remind me what 'megaton' announcements MS had?

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/06/26/titanfall-dominates-game-critics-best-of-e3-2013-nominations/

And MGS V, FFXV and KH3 are multi-plat and dedicated servers for every game. I'm not saying Sony lost but jusy because they won doesn't mean MS didn't drop bombs too.

Was that a 'megaton' announcement? No. It's the game people enjoyed the most seeing. It's not, hey we bought FFXIII, megaton.

Although MS showed a lot of games, they didn't even come close to killing anyone because there wasn't a major surprise. That's what makes you own a conference. Land at least one killing blow. And I'm only talking about games here.

TitanFall is one game... It is one blow! MGS V is also one!! I had no idea MGS V was going to be on the X1... You contradict yourself sir.

Regarding the xbox department that division is not a major profit maker for Microsoft, your point is moot

"...the best way to prepare [to be a programmer] is to write programs, and to study great programs that other people have written. In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and fished out listings of their operating system." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

"Hey, Steve, just because you broke into Xerox's house before I did and took the TV doesn't mean I can't go in later and take the stereo." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

Bill Gates had Mac prototypes to work from, and he was known to be obsessed with trying to make Windows as good as SAND (Steve's Amazing New Device), as a Microsoft exec named it. It was the Mac that Microsoft took for its blueprint on how to make a GUI.

""Windows [n.] - A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.""

Around the Network

JusSayian said:

And like i said this would be pointless. You would not have agreed with me anyways there was not point in me trying.

Plus i didn't contradict myself did you play killzone 1? It was horrible, even critics agree. There is no speculating at this point killzone 1 was a horrible game. The killzone series has never proven itself and killzone shadow fall isnt groundbreaking. Everytime a killzone game comes out people hype it up like there no tomorrow only for it to flop sales wise and generally critically as well. 

Its funny how you underlined what i said and had the nerve to so say  it isnt relevant yet you brought it up first, heck even that little piece about sony being so supportive of their consoles was completly irrelevant as well.

So Killzone 2 did not get excellent reviews?

I have to say, although I though Killzone 3 was rubbish, Killzone 2 is my FAVOURITE FPS this generation, maybe even of all time.

And I am very hyped for Shadow Fall... If only they would let me play as the Helghast!!! Down with the ISA!!!

torok said:
zumnupy10 said:
In terms of games E3 was weak in my opinion.

Sony basically showed more videos of the games they had revealed in February. MS showed more games, but in the end the focus there was announcing the price, funcionalities (XB1) and showing the console itself (Sony).

Hope more games are announced at gamescom and TGS.

ironmanDX said:
weaveworld said:
ironmanDX said:

TitanFall is one game... It is one blow! MGS V is also one!! I had no idea MGS V was going to be on the X1... You contradict yourself sir.

Alright, i didn't notice that these were seen as Megaton afterwards. Must have missed that then. As far as I noticed they showed a lot of games which is good, but nothing that stood out above everything else and made the competition look bad.

zumnupy10 said:
torok said:
zumnupy10 said:
In terms of games E3 was weak in my opinion.

Sony basically showed more videos of the games they had revealed in February. MS showed more games, but in the end the focus there was announcing the price, funcionalities (XB1) and showing the console itself (Sony).

Hope more games are announced at gamescom and TGS.

A Sony exec teased that. But they said that it would be a Vita show, but they said they have almost 20 games in development. Let's wait and see.

Personally the little things like MGS5, Kingdom hearts and the 7 year PS3 exclusive FFV13, now FF15, now being on the X1 showed me just how serious MS is with doing away with major former 3rd party Sony exclusives.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.