By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Did MSFT "killed" Sony like they said they would

I don't trust MS on offering exclusives these days. I was big for 360 up until 2009. They were getting all these interesting RPGs, PGR3 was stunning, Ridge Racer 6 was awesome, Crackdown's co-op blew my mind! all the multiplat games were better on 360. They were ticking all the boxes and I wouldn't have replaced my 360 with any other console, though I did have a PS3 as a Blu-ray player.

Sadly my 4th RROD was outside the warranty (I had a 360 since just after launch) and I couldn't afford to replace it straight away, so I had to stomach using that Blu-ray player as a games console until I could afford to replace my 360. However this was just around the time the likes of Uncharted 2, Heavy Rain etc were releasing and the multi plat games were starting to be 50/50.

When I eventually got hold of another 360 really eager to catch up on what I'd missed, Alan Wake, Crackdown 2 etc, it suddenly dawned on me, that the PS3 was getting the better exclusive releases and the multi plat stuff played just as well, so at that point PS3 actually took over as my lead platform and the 360 got sold. I think Kinect probably took a lot of the resources, but it doesn't interest me in the slightest and I realised MS has stopped catering to my tastes as a gamer. (though Forza Horizon has very nearly made me rebuy a 360, I was holding off in the hope that XB One would let me catch up on the couple of titles I'd missed)

They are now trying to lure me back, with games like Dead Rising 3 being exclusive and Ryse looks fantastic. But I question whether MS will do the same this gen, and front load all the interesting releases into the first few years and really really taper off at the end with a weak lineup (compared with Sony).

Bare in mind, I don't really rate Gears of War or Halo, if I loved those games, I'd still be hyped for 360/One more I think. Moto GP was one of my fave 360 exclusives, but that changed developer, got crap, and went multi platform :(

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.