By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Did MSFT "killed" Sony like they said they would

CGI-Quality said:
JusSayian said:
CGI-Quality said:
JusSayian said:

Well I'm not dodging just avoiding what might turn into an argument.

If there can be no discussion, whther in agreeance or not, there's no point to come to a forum. How do you know if I would have disgreed? You don't. But now, you'll not know.

Okay fine, well imo the best games sony showed are also on the X1 such a KH3, FF, and Destiny. While this was not the case with Xbox.

Sony showed The Order (brand new), more on Killzone, DriveClub, Second Son, Dark Sorcerer (brand new), and services only on the PS4. This was all, in addition, to Kingdom Hearts III, Final Fantasy XV and other 3rd party titles (which are important). This is what I don't get. They both showed new IPs, exclusive sequels, and 3rd party titles. In fact, I would credit Sony more on the exclusive front. None of their games will ever be mulit-plat.

I think people harp too much on E3 showings. We still have TGS and Gamescom. Plenty of time to show new stuff before the launch. If there was one thing Sony has proven, they support their console longer than anyone else with fresh content. No reason to doubt them on the PS4.

All we saw from the order was a in-egine trailer nothing truly exciting, looks like a cool concept though. I'm sorry but the killzone series is nothing amazing, 1 sucked, 2 was decent and 3 was medicore. Why are people so excited for shadowfall i don't know the chances of it being a killer app is next to none. Forza > Drive club most would agree. Forza has more going to for it, amazing studio, and being part of the series that has the highest ratings for its genre this gen is just something the guys at Evolution Studios can only dream of competing with.  Does anyone know what the heck dark sorcerer is supposed to be? 

See and this is where the problem starts, none of you know if MS is brining X1 games to PC, all you guys are doing is speculating. You're never going to win a arguement or convince people of anything when all you do is grasp for straws.

Thats true there still is plenty of time for both companies to show off, but speaking E3 exclusively MS had more to show.

Yea no doubt sony supports there systems but for my personal gaming needs sony has always fell short.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
JusSayian said:
CGI-Quality said:
JusSayian said:

Okay fine, well imo the best games sony showed are also on the X1 such a KH3, FF, and Destiny. While this was not the case with Xbox.

Sony showed The Order (brand new), more on Killzone, DriveClub, Second Son, Dark Sorcerer (brand new), and services only on the PS4. This was all, in addition, to Kingdom Hearts III, Final Fantasy XV and other 3rd party titles (which are important). This is what I don't get. They both showed new IPs, exclusive sequels, and 3rd party titles. In fact, I would credit Sony more on the exclusive front. None of their games will ever be mulit-plat.

I think people harp too much on E3 showings. We still have TGS and Gamescom. Plenty of time to show new stuff before the launch. If there was one thing Sony has proven, they support their console longer than anyone else with fresh content. No reason to doubt them on the PS4.

All we saw from the order was a in-egine trailer nothing truly exciting, looks like a cool concept though. I'm sorry but the killzone series is nothing amazing, 1 sucked, 2 was decent and 3 was medicore. Why are people so excited for shadowfall i don't know the chances of it being a killer app is next to none. Forza > Drive club most would agree. Forza has more going to for it, amazing studio, and being part of the series that has the highest ratings for its genre this gen is just something the guys at Evolution Studios can only dream of competing with.  Does anyone know what the heck dark sorcerer is supposed to be? 

See and this is where the problem starts, none of you know if MS is brining X1 games to PC, all you guys are doing is speculating. You're never going to win a arguement or convince people of anything when all you do is grasp for straws.

Thats true there still is plenty of time for both companies to show off, but speaking E3 exclusively MS had more to show.

Yea no doubt sony supports there systems but for my personal gaming needs sony has always fell short.

Thus, you, personally, didn't prefer Sony's show. Not that it lacked anyting, realistically, in conjunction to Microsoft's. Fair enough. I also underlined what is irrelevant and contradictory. You, too, are speculating and grasping (saying things "suck" doesn't mean everyone agrees and it is universally reflected). I wasn't looking to convince you of anything, either, I just wanted to know how MS "pwned Sony hard". I got my answer (even though I completely disagree).

And like i said this would be pointless. You would not have agreed with me anyways there was not point in me trying.

Plus i didn't contradict myself did you play killzone 1? It was horrible, even critics agree. There is no speculating at this point killzone 1 was a horrible game. The killzone series has never proven itself and killzone shadow fall isnt groundbreaking. Everytime a killzone game comes out people hype it up like there no tomorrow only for it to flop sales wise and generally critically as well. 

Its funny how you underlined what i said and had the nerve to so say  it isnt relevant yet you brought it up first, heck even that little piece about sony being so supportive of their consoles was completly irrelevant as well.

Tyto_alba said:
ironmanDX said:
Dr.Grass said:
A load of BS like most of us knew it would be.

Sony didn't even reveal much of their software. There were also only a few cool Xbox One exclusives. Definitely not enough to "kill" anyone.

A load of BS... It was game after game after game after game. Most of you are Sony fans, right?

Certainly not enough to kill anything but it certainly wasn't BS.

Do you need to say "most of you are sony fans?" to dismiss someones opinion??? Can't you just give an opinion??? That's weak.

And game after game after game??? Yeah right. Keep fooling yourself. Forza 5? Everyone knew that was coming, Halo? It was just a trailer announcing that a game we all knew was eventually going to come out will come out. Ryse looks cool though,  so does QB. Sunset Paradise? No gameplay of a game that is going to bomb. In conclusion, i've seen far better E3's from MS. Finally, all theDRM shit buried all the games, so it definitelt didn't killed Sony.

It was game after game... Did you even watch it?

so it definitelt didn't killed Sony.

I never said it definetlt... kill anybody. At least spell correctly if you're going to call someone "weak" over the internet. You look like a fool. Like in the next sentence...

Sunset Paradise? No gameplay of a game that is going to bomb.

You don't even know the name of the damn game yet in your infinite wisdom you believe it to fail? Incredible... 

Finally, all theDRM shit buried all the games

No, no it didn't. Especially so now considering there is no DRM.

manny10032 said:
ironmanDX said:
Dr.Grass said:

Sony didn't even reveal much of their software. There were also only a few cool Xbox One exclusives. Definitely not enough to "kill" anyone.

A load of BS... It was game after game after game after game. Most of you are Sony fans, right?

At that point most gamers wanted answers about the whole DRM situation. Granted, they did show more games than Sony did, But Sony answered all DRM questions. So, No MS did not kill Sony.

For the 3rd time, so far... I didn't say that! PEOPLE, READ THE DAMN THING BEFORE QUOTING ME!

xD

They killed themselves THEN rose again as a soaring Phoenix!

Around the Network
Dr.Grass said:
ironmanDX said:

Why are you disregarding multiplats? They made up 80% of the 360 and PS3 software sales and the trend is likely to continue. If you discredit multiplats so easily, FFXV and KH3 were arguably the 2 biggest games in the Sony line up for E3 and Nintendo would have just steam-rolled everyone.

OH DUDE COME ON PLEASE.

You can't kill anyone with multiplats and that's CLEARLY the topic here isn't it.

So then, Sony won E3 without showing any big games then? They won a games/console press conference without any heavy hitting games? KH3 and FFXV were the biggest games they showed and apparently, they can't kill anyone? That's ridiculous.

ironmanDX said:
Tyto_alba said:
ironmanDX said:
Dr.Grass said:

Do you need to say "most of you are sony fans?" to dismiss someones opinion??? Can't you just give an opinion??? That's weak.

And game after game after game??? Yeah right. Keep fooling yourself. Forza 5? Everyone knew that was coming, Halo? It was just a trailer announcing that a game we all knew was eventually going to come out will come out. Ryse looks cool though,  so does QB. Sunset Paradise? No gameplay of a game that is going to bomb. In conclusion, i've seen far better E3's from MS. Finally, all theDRM shit buried all the games, so it definitelt didn't killed Sony.

It was game after game... Did you even watch it?

so it definitelt didn't killed Sony.

I never said it definetlt... kill anybody. At least spell correctly if you're going to call someone "weak" over the internet. You look like a fool. Like in the next sentence...

Sunset Paradise? No gameplay of a game that is going to bomb.

You don't even know the name of the damn game yet in your infinite wisdom you believe it to fail? Incredible... 

Finally, all theDRM shit buried all the games

No, no it didn't. Especially so now considering there is no DRM.

The point is you dismiss the opinion of someone else by saying "Sony Fan". Maybe that makes you feel like you "won" a discussion. Congratulations. On my eyes, that makes you look like a fool.

Yes, my spelling is bad, I'm not an native English speaker, and? That makes me look like a fool???  I don't think so, as I try everyday to have a better English-Spelling.Do you have a problem with that? Should I stop visiting English sites??? Pfff, you are an intolerant and elitist user.

I said the name bad. Sunset overdrive, big thing. I said it of the top of my head. I think the game will have quality, but I don't see any potential for big sales. Plus the point is, they haven't showed gameplay!!!

And YES, the DRM buried all the games. Why? I saw Kotaku, IGN and this forum the day after E3 (remember w are talking E3 here, not after E3 when thet reversed that change). All they were discussing was the DRM thing. They were more articles about the DRM than about the games. This one appeared the same day:

http://kotaku.com/sony-just-smacked-the-xbox-one-in-the-mouth-512492046

So. MS has a better launch lineup, more exclusives, more quality games. But the bad PR of them and the good PR of Sony made Sony won E3.

As a sidenote, I'm not a Sony fan, I own only the PS3, but I may choose the Xbone if the price difference in Mexico isn't to radical.

Finally, please don't insult me because of my spelling. That's really unfair and has nothing to do with the discussion.

CGI-Quality said:
JusSayian said:
CGI-Quality said:

Thus, you, personally, didn't prefer Sony's show. Not that it lacked anyting, realistically, in conjunction to Microsoft's. Fair enough. I also underlined what is irrelevant and contradictory. You, too, are speculating and grasping (saying things "suck" doesn't mean everyone agrees and it is universally reflected). I wasn't looking to convince you of anything, either, I just wanted to know how MS "pwned Sony hard". I got my answer (even though I completely disagree).

And like i said this would be pointless. You would not have agreed with me anyways there was not point in me trying.

Plus i didn't contradict myself did you play killzone 1? It was horrible, even critics agree. There is no speculating at this point killzone 1 was a horrible game. The killzone series has never proven itself and killzone shadow fall isnt groundbreaking. Everytime a killzone game comes out people hype it up like there no tomorrow only for it to flop sales wise and generally critically as well. 

Its funny how you underlined what i said and had the nerve to so say  it isnt relevant yet you brought it up first, heck even that little piece about sony being so supportive of their consoles was completly irrelevant as well.

It wasn't relevant because I wasn't looking for an analysis on individual games. What you felt of Killzone, as a series, is of no consequence. It was part of the conference and one of the PS4's main launch titles. 

No need for aggression, though. It's a simple discussion.

okay, okay, no hard feelings? :)

zumnupy10 said:
In terms of games E3 was weak in my opinion.

Sony basically showed more videos of the games they had revealed in February. MS showed more games, but in the end the focus there was announcing the price, funcionalities (XB1) and showing the console itself (Sony).

Sony probably was killed....killed from laughter perhaps.