By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Did MSFT "killed" Sony like they said they would

I don't think they "killed" Sony, but I still can't fathom how anyone could say M$'s conference sucked. I thought it was great, with a refreshingly strong focus on games, games, games! Which is kinda why I watch E3 in the first place.  I was also impressed by the fact that they didn't stop for five minutes to worship themselves like they usually do. It was vastly superior to M$'s past three E3 conferences.

Sony's on the other hand, left a bit to be desired. Per usual, they wasted a good chunk of the conference on self praise and spectacle. Unfortunately, this year they didn't make up for it with awesome game announcements. In fact, they showcased very few new games, and their most exciting announcements turned out to not even be exclusives. They even wasted over a minute and a half on the Transistor trailer which was released months ago. Had they saved the Infamous announcement for E3, they would've "won", imo, but as it was I came out of the conference feeling somewhat let down. Still better than last years, though. Definitely.

Around the Network
Tyto_alba said:

The point is you dismiss the opinion of someone else by saying "Sony Fan". Maybe that makes you feel like you "won" a discussion. Congratulations. On my eyes, that makes you look like a fool.

Yes, my spelling is bad, I'm not an native English speaker, and? That makes me look like a fool???  I don't think so, as I try everyday to have a better English-Spelling.Do you have a problem with that? Should I stop visiting English sites??? Pfff, you are an intolerant and elitist user.

I said the name bad. Sunset overdrive, big thing. I said it of the top of my head. I think the game will have quality, but I don't see any potential for big sales. Plus the point is, they haven't showed gameplay!!!

And YES, the DRM buried all the games. Why? I saw Kotaku, IGN and this forum the day after E3 (remember w are talking E3 here, not after E3 when thet reversed that change). All they were discussing was the DRM thing. They were more articles about the DRM than about the games. This one appeared the same day:

http://kotaku.com/sony-just-smacked-the-xbox-one-in-the-mouth-512492046

So. MS has a better launch lineup, more exclusives, more quality games. But the bad PR of them and the good PR of Sony made Sony won E3.

As a sidenote, I'm not a Sony fan, I own only the PS3, but I may choose the Xbone if the price difference in Mexico isn't to radical.

Finally, please don't insult me because of my spelling. That's really unfair and has nothing to do with the discussion.

Yes, my spelling is bad, I'm not an native English speaker, and? That makes me look like a fool???  I don't think so, as I try everyday to have a better English-Spelling. Do you have a problem with that? Should I stop visiting English sites??? Pfff, you are an intolerant and elitist user.

I didn't know that, my apologies. Though, you knew I didn't know that and have the nerve to call me intolerant and elitist... That is a slight on your personality sir, not mine. People make decisions based on information they have.

So. MS has a better launch lineup, more exclusives, more quality games. But the bad PR of them and the good PR of Sony made Sony won E3.

I find this fact quite sad. Sony win at a games show with no new game that is exclusive that made people go... Wow. TitanFall has been "Game of E3" for many sites, YouTube channels, etc. Quantum Break is a show and game in 1, that's never been done before. Ever. Yet Sony win? I agree that they did but now DRM has been removed and they showed not just less games but IMO, far less impressive titles... It's a hollow victory.

TitanFall Google Search: https://www.google.com.au/search?site=&source=hp&q=titanfall+game+of+e3&oq=titanfall+game+of+e3&gs_l=hp.3...470.9118.0.9363.20.18.0.2.2.1.388.3301.5j2j7j3.17.0...0.0...1c.1.18.hp.GZh8n68dr4A

The point is you dismiss the opinion of someone else by saying "Sony Fan". Maybe that makes you feel like you "won" a discussion. Congratulations. On my eyes, that makes you look like a fool.

Actually, if you'll care to scroll back up you will see this actually was directed at a Sony fan. Not you.

Sunset overdrive, big thing. I said it of the top of my head. I think the game will have quality, but I don't see any potential for big sales. Plus the point is, they haven't showed gameplay!!!

You couldn't think of the name off the top of your head and again you believe it "has no potential for big sales". You say you haven't seen gameplay but are so quick to judge it... Hmm, funny that. Tell me, does this mean the PS4 exclusive War Thunder will fail from showing no gameplay or is it because Sunset Overdrive is an X1 exclusive title? A question that's rhetorical but you should genuinely ask yourself.

MS stab themselves in the leg trying to kill Sony. Sony just twisted the knife over and over with a grin on their face.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
ironmanDX said:
Dr.Grass said:
ironmanDX said:

Why are you disregarding multiplats? They made up 80% of the 360 and PS3 software sales and the trend is likely to continue. If you discredit multiplats so easily, FFXV and KH3 were arguably the 2 biggest games in the Sony line up for E3 and Nintendo would have just steam-rolled everyone.

OH DUDE COME ON PLEASE.

You can't kill anyone with multiplats and that's CLEARLY the topic here isn't it.

So then, Sony won E3 without showing any big games then? They won a games/console press conference without any heavy hitting games? KH3 and FFXV were the biggest games they showed and apparently, they can't kill anyone? That's ridiculous.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to go crazy because of people like you!

JESUS!

IS THE TOPIC "...Sony won E3..." !?? !???! ???

NO.

YOU LEARN TO READ.

You remind me so much of Selnor it's not even funny.

You're making Xbox fans look really, really bad.

Dr.Grass said:
ironmanDX said:

So then, Sony won E3 without showing any big games then? They won a games/console press conference without any heavy hitting games? KH3 and FFXV were the biggest games they showed and apparently, they can't kill anyone? That's ridiculous.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to go crazy because of people like you!

JESUS!

IS THE TOPIC "...Sony won E3..." !?? !???! ???

NO.

YOU LEARN TO READ.

You remind me so much of Selnor it's not even funny.

You're making Xbox fans look really, really bad.

I'm discussing how they won.... If they won, they certainly where not killed.... So the answer to the OP is no.

Is that plain enough for you?

YOU LEARN TO READ.

LOL!

Around the Network

Gamewise they stomped sony in the ground.
DRM talk was ... ehm... not well managed. But now that this is out of the way, the games still remain.

The only thing Sony won was the price-thing.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

What makes a 'killing' win at E3?

I'd say at least 2 'megaton' announcements that at least steal your opponents thunder.

Can someone remind me what 'megaton' announcements MS had?

Sony played a good hand, Microsoft, as usual misread the market and thought they could bully in with their pathetic ideas. Again they lost just like The Windows8-180 u-turn. Silly company needs to makes a lot of changes at the top

"...the best way to prepare [to be a programmer] is to write programs, and to study great programs that other people have written. In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and fished out listings of their operating system." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

"Hey, Steve, just because you broke into Xerox's house before I did and took the TV doesn't mean I can't go in later and take the stereo." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

Bill Gates had Mac prototypes to work from, and he was known to be obsessed with trying to make Windows as good as SAND (Steve's Amazing New Device), as a Microsoft exec named it. It was the Mac that Microsoft took for its blueprint on how to make a GUI.

""Windows [n.] - A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.""

weaveworld said:

Can someone remind me what 'megaton' announcements MS had?

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/06/26/titanfall-dominates-game-critics-best-of-e3-2013-nominations/

And MGS V, FFXV and KH3 are multi-plat and dedicated servers for every game. I'm not saying Sony lost but jusy because they won doesn't mean MS didn't drop bombs too.

Bladeforce said:
Sony played a good hand, Microsoft, as usual misread the market and thought they could bully in with their pathetic ideas. Again they lost just like The Windows8-180 u-turn. Silly company needs to makes a lot of changes at the top

LOL, MS' stocks were at a 5 year high about a month ago and they need changes? Ok.