By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox One and PS4 CONSOLE key-features differences; including XBL & PS+ comparisons

SaberSaurus said:
Multimedialover said:
SaberSaurus said:
Multimedialover said:
You forgot Xbox Live Gold Free games. 2 per month.

Also PS+ isnt free games. Its a rental service as when you stop paying for + you no longer have access. Unlike Live where if you stop paying you still keep the free games.

That isn't permanent, the promtion will end when the Xbone comes out, sadly.

Good thread Jay.

Have you got a link for that?

Im sure after the initial sales of launch games that Xbox One will continue this as well. 

http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/21/xbox-live-gold-members-get-free-game-on-1st-and-16th-of-each-month-through-2013/

"Microsoft has outlined its plans to give away two free games to Xbox Live Gold members each month until the end of 2013, starting with Assassin’s Creed 2 and Halo 3."

That doesnt mean its not on Xbox One. 

You didnt expect Microsoft to give 2 free Launch Xbox One games in January did you? 

Microsoft " Here have 2 free £50 games a month. Because we dont like to make profit. "

Microsoft will begin doing this when we are into The Ones life a bit. When Ryse is £12.99 or something thats when we will see this again. 

Around the Network
tuscaniman99 said:
So Activision has an easy way to use dedicated servers and they still refuse? COD is a joke

Yes, it's so stupid. Same netcode across all platforms perhaps? Doesn't look like this COD will be very next gen.

What about BF4 on PS4 and X1, will they be getting dedicated servers? I'm thinking I'll be getting that at launch.

if its features you missed Cross Buy, Cross Play and Cross Saves for PS, as well as upload to Youtube, Facebook and U Stream, which seem fair as you mentioned twitch for xbox

BasilZero said:
Oh lame...

So you gotta pay for PS+ in order to upload something via the share button n__n?

This is the confusion I knew was going to happen.

No you don't. it's just the wording of this thread that's confusing things.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

JayWood2010 said:

Please notify me on features I have missed and I will add them ASAP. Please notice it also says KEY-FEATURES.

Xbox Live

$60 a year – Required for Online Multiplayer

300,000 Dedicated Servers - Every game on Xbox Live will have a dedicated server.  No host advantage, no lag, no rubber banding.

Smart-Match Making – Now match-making has become easy and can even be setup to preferences with similar skill-ranks, experience, or even age groups.  Are you tired of 13 year olds?  With smart Match Making you can make them disappear.

Smart-Reputation - Smart reputation allows reputation to be integral to Xbox Live.   It promotes good behavior.  If you are reported for good behavior you will consistently be matched against people with good behavior where as if you have a bad –behavior you will be matched with people who are a little fishy just like you.  Smart-Reputation also takes into consideration of people just being jealous of your skills and also looks into your individual stats too counter act jealous players reporting.  Every game has it's own reputation.

Cloud Computing - With Azure cloud computing  Xbox One games can be up to 40x as powerful as before.  Cloud computing is still being talked about as we do not know all the details and with recent DRM cancelations we are awaiting to see what has changed with Cloud Computing if any at all.  As of right now Microsoft has said it is still integral to Xbox Live members.

DVR – Everything is recordable on Xbox Live from TV to games and can be shared with friends.

Kinect 2.0 - Allows voice recognition, face recognition, heart pulse monitor, and even facial expressions

Twitch TV -  You can now stream your games online with the popular application by the name of Twitch TV.

Smart TV – Smart TV will make your overall TV experience much more enjoyable by allowing your Cable Box to be setup for voice recognition, multi-tasking, and internet browsing.

Smart Glass -   Smart Glass can be installed on any smart device to make your overall experience more in depth by offering content on your phone or tablet.

Multi-Tasking -  Multi-Tasking is now integral to Xbox Live.  You can play a game while it is being installed or updated or you can watch TV while playing a game.  

Impulse Triggers -  Xbox One controller now comes with rumble packs in each trigger to allow a more immersive game.  

Skype -  Skype has now been brought to Xbox Live as you can get three-way calls on Skype or even watch your opponent as you play against each other.

PS+

$50 - Required for Online multiplayer.  Not required for Cross-gamechat and other features and applications.

Galkai Streaming -  With Galkai streaming you can stream your PS3 games to the PS4.  This will offer a needed feature for backwards compatibility to the PS3.  We are unsure at this moment if you will need to pay to stream.

Free Games across PS3, PS4 and Vita – PS+ number one feature is free games.  You will be paying $50 a year but in that time frame you will receive numerous games throughout the year that belongs to you as long as you continue to pay for PS+.  DriveClub is the first game officially announced to be free with PS+ on the PS4.

-Discounts

-Exclusive Deals

-Early access to demos/betas/full games

Share Button -  With the share button you can record gameplay on your PS4 and then share with your online friends.

Open-Network -  This open network has been bragged about by indie-develors and will allow for many indie games on the PS4 over the upcoming generation.

Game Streaming -  With PS+ and Galkai you will now be able to stream games to your friends online while you play your game.  They can even pick up the controller and play from what I understand.  This may be one of the coolest features from Galkai.

Mutlitasking -  PS+ also allows multitasking by being able to install your games and update by also playing the games while updating or installing rather than waiting to play.

Vita Remote Play -  On PS4 you will now be able to stream your games to the PSV making the PSV a great peripheral for the PS4.

Around the Network

you mention vibrating triggers for xbox, but completly miss the PS4 touch pad and button.

Why are you including things such as impulse triggers and smart glass as LIVE features? They are controller features.

If you do that then you should also include PS4's touch screen and light bars (used for position/depth tracking) as Plus features, since they are also controller features.

you mention kinect 2, but miss that PS will have move style controls via the light built into every pad, this really was a poorly thought out post, its like you researched heavily xbox one features and then through in the ps4 features that you could remember

I thought you couldn't record TV on Xbox One?

Anyway being someone who rarely plays online games, plus wins it for more.

By the way, you're missing-

• US Stream for PS4's streaming and uploading service for videos.
  • Gaikai, which they said will be also be used for instant access to demos.
  • Party chat on both platforms. PS4 offers this one for free, apparently.
  • Free to play games on PS4 are actually free to play.

Also, why are you listing hardware features like impulse triggers and Kinect on the XB1 rather than stating online services. Might aswell throw in the trackpad while you're at it

Edit: beaten to it.