By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox One and PS4 CONSOLE key-features differences; including XBL & PS+ comparisons

Andrespetmonkey said:
Not sure if this counts on those lists, but it's worth mentioning that you don't need a PS+ subscription for social features like cross-game chat and entertainment apps like netflix. Not sure if Live is still gonna restrict those features to gold members.

I added :)

Around the Network
Andrespetmonkey said:

Also, ps4 auto-updates and games are playable during downloading. Again, PS+ not required for these but it's still network related which is what your list seems to be.

I already have this on the list as multi-tasking.

You forgot Cross Discount Feature for PS+

Deyon said:

What is that?  Explain it to me and Ill add it.

JayWood2010 said:
Deyon said:

If you have a game on PS3 or PSVita and want to get it on PS4, you will receive a discount when buying it on your PS4.

Around the Network
Deyon said:
JayWood2010 said:
Deyon said:

If you have a game on PS3 or PSVita and want to get it on PS4, you will receive a discount when buying it on your PS4.

Ahh ok.  So that is how the galkai streaming works I assume?

JayWood2010 said:
VGhippy said:
"300,000 Dedicated Servers - Every game on Xbox Live will have a dedicated server. No host advantage, no lag, no rubber banding."

This is a myth, why are people repeating it?

Microsoft has already said this so no myth. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zy-X81uPAWE

They said nothing of the sort, watch the video, there are no dedicated servers for every game. There is no source for this myth, there is no announcement, there is nothing except feverish wishful thinking. Microsoft have never claimed there will be dedicated servers for every game and if there was they would have been using it as a selling point.

If you don't mind me asking, what is the relevance of "impulse triggers" when comparing PS+ with XBL? Seems like a hardware/controller issue, not a subscription-based-service issue. Same with a few other things too - Smart Glass/Vita Remote Play for example.

Also, you've included Kinect 2.0 but not EyeToy 3.0 or whatever we're on now. I don't know what it actually does, but if you're including one you should probably include the other.  PlayStation Move as well since it's part of that package.

Edit: Nvm, read a few of your earlier replies.

So they are pretty much the same

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

You forgot Xbox Live Gold Free games. 2 per month.

Also PS+ isnt free games. Its a rental service as when you stop paying for + you no longer have access. Unlike Live where if you stop paying you still keep the free games.