By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox One and PS4 CONSOLE key-features differences; including XBL & PS+ comparisons

Yeah kinect should be taken off the list as it is not related to xbl... Also should be note worthy that psn+ is not a paywall for basic / external services like f2p games, web browsing, friends list, netflix...

Talal said:
I will permaban myself if the game releases in 2014.

in reference to KH3 release date

Around the Network
papamudd said:
Yeah kinect should be taken off the list as it is not related to xbl... Also should be note worthy that psn+ is not a paywall for basic / external services like f2p games, web browsing, friends list, netflix...

For the third time read the title.  Key-features

"300,000 Dedicated Servers - Every game on Xbox Live will have a dedicated server. No host advantage, no lag, no rubber banding."

This is a myth, why are people repeating it?

JayWood2010 said:
ps3-sales! said:
Share and Kinect are console features, not XBL or PSN. Reguardless both give great value. If Sony levels the playing field as far as servers and online support goes, then PS+ gets my vote due to instant game collect on Ps3, Ps4, and Vita.

Glad to see you back on VGC :)  Still I will point out a second time that the title also says features.

you need to reword your title.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Ajescent said:
JayWood2010 said:
ps3-sales! said:
Share and Kinect are console features, not XBL or PSN. Reguardless both give great value. If Sony levels the playing field as far as servers and online support goes, then PS+ gets my vote due to instant game collect on Ps3, Ps4, and Vita.

Glad to see you back on VGC :)  Still I will point out a second time that the title also says features.

Lol apparently so since I have already had three people say this.  Any recommendations? 

Around the Network
VGhippy said:
"300,000 Dedicated Servers - Every game on Xbox Live will have a dedicated server. No host advantage, no lag, no rubber banding."

This is a myth, why are people repeating it?

Microsoft has already said this so no myth. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zy-X81uPAWE

EDIT:  Reported by Wired after an exclusive look of the Xbox One.

Not sure if this counts on those lists, but it's worth mentioning that you don't need a PS+ subscription for social features like cross-game chat and entertainment apps like netflix. Not sure if Live is still gonna restrict those features to gold members.

Well "key features" in the title presumes relation to the first 2 subjects... Id say just remove the kinect, or tie it in to skype?

Also sharing may Or not be a paywall feature on ps4 either way it is a psn / psn + feature

Talal said:
I will permaban myself if the game releases in 2014.

in reference to KH3 release date

JayWood2010 said:
Ajescent said:
JayWood2010 said:
ps3-sales! said:

Lol apparently so since I have already had three people say this.  Any recommendations? 

Since you seem to be listing features of the consoles rather than ps+/xbl, change it to "Xbox One and PS4 differences and key features."

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Also, ps4 auto-updates and games are playable during downloading. Again, PS+ not required for these but it's still network related which is what your list seems to be.