By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Half-Assed Wii U Multi-Plats NEED TO STOP!

Tagged games:

SwansVanTerif said:
flagstaad said:
curl-6 said:
Trine 2: Director's Cut and Need For Speed Most Wanted U give a taste of what can be accomplished when devs actually put EFFORT into Wii U multiplats.

The problem is that when they put some real effort the sales are also not very good, I did my part and bought NFS MW but how many more did? people should vote with their wallets.

I think a big part of the problem is, that no one has any faith in 3rd party games on Nintendo consoles anymore. 3rd parties almost always putting out these inferior, late ports, has made people catiousabout buying any 3rd party game, especially those kind of people who just look at covers or names.

The best selling  3rd party Wii U games  are the following:
                     1. ZombiU-  The Red Steel of the Wii U, except decent.
                     2. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate-  It's expected since Monster Hunter is  a really big franchise in Japan. MH3 also had decent  sales on the Wii.
                     3.  Sonic & Sega All Stars Transformed- A Sonic game doing well on a Nintendo system... I am so shocked........
                     4. Just Dance 4- Well...... Just Dance had decent sales on the Wii I guess.
                     5. Scribblenauts Unlimited- Except PCs, Nintendo systems are the only systems Scribblenauts gets released on. Wii U version sold decently compared to 3DS version even if the European version got delayed a lot.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
Cobretti2 said:
snyps said:
Cobretti2 said:
snyps said:
Cobretti2 said:
snyps said:
half assed is a myth. Multiplats have better graphics on wiiu. This techusa guy is the dumbest.

DId you watch the video? It is not so much about gfx but the missing content and wanting people to pay full price when a better version of the game is avialable on steam for 1/4 of that.

I realy don't wanna watch it...  If he's so industry savy why can't he record him self or the things he talks about.  I heard the talk about sniper elite not getting the same content.  But the other muktiplats I know about do have the same content if not more.  I really don't want to watch the whole thing.  Could yu list the games he's complaining about missing content.  And not dlc cuz that's not what you pay for when you buy a game.  Thanks I advance.

The summary:

- Missing content
- Stripped out online multiplayer
- Charging full price for late ports (as in older than a year) when same game costs 25% on other systems with more content and features

Thanks. I was hopining you would be able to list games that have missing content.  If its just one then pffft.

In that video he talks about one being sniper elite, but if you want to know some others then there is madden and fifa which are version 12 rebranded as 13 with features missing.

The video didn't only focus on missing content though. It was more about putting games on the system that are old ports and expecting them to sell well at full retail price when cheaper versions are avialable and at the same time the games are so old  that people already played them on their other systems.

He is right to some degree, but at the same time what he misses is a lot of Nintendo fans who only own one console don't vote with their wallets when good ports come out. The prblem with this is we don't knwo how many of the current Wii U owenrs are only one console owners so hard to jdge this until a decent user base establishes.

Wow.. i didn't know about fifa and madden lacking the physics engine. Thats pretty sorry! Not surprising given their unprecedented commitment. I guess i miss judged the situation. While I still don't think missing content is an issue with any self-respecting publisher. I concede it's an issue. Far as late ports are concerned, there were a couple, but not as bad as it seems.

First a list of ports that were not late (up to 3 mo.):

AC 3
BLOP 2
Darksiders 2
epic mickey 2
racing transformed
tag tournament 2
skylanders giants
nba 2k13

Now as for late ports (1 year). These came with extra content:

ninja gaiden 3
arkam city ae
warriors orochi 3

and finally (1 year) old half assed ports:

madden
fifa
mass effect

Of coarse im only looking at launch titles. Notice anything about the old halfassed ports? ELECTRONIC ARTS. At least all the other late ports had eXtra content. So really the half assed wiiu ports theory is a myth that hurts WiiU sales. It should be called the half assed EA ports.

seriously :-<

curl-6 said:
Talal said:

People would have been very pissed, but it would have sold at least 750k regardless.

750k on a userbase of 77m consoles. Wii U only has a 3m userbase, so its sales of 50k for ME3 are in line with your PS3 prediction in terms of attachment rate.

The attachment rate thing is so unreliable though. I doubt that 50m of those 77m PS3 are being used, let alone used for gaming.

Anyway this argument has been done to death and I really don't care about it. :p

KungKras said:

Third parties want hardware makers that pays for their development and are easy to manipulate.

Nintendo is customer focused and not industry focused, so they naturally hate Nintendo.

You can't really blame them then. Obviously I'm gonna support the ones that treat me best.

snyps said:
Cobretti2 said:
snyps said:
Cobretti2 said:
snyps said:
Cobretti2 said:
snyps said:
half assed is a myth. Multiplats have better graphics on wiiu. This techusa guy is the dumbest.

DId you watch the video? It is not so much about gfx but the missing content and wanting people to pay full price when a better version of the game is avialable on steam for 1/4 of that.

I realy don't wanna watch it...  If he's so industry savy why can't he record him self or the things he talks about.  I heard the talk about sniper elite not getting the same content.  But the other muktiplats I know about do have the same content if not more.  I really don't want to watch the whole thing.  Could yu list the games he's complaining about missing content.  And not dlc cuz that's not what you pay for when you buy a game.  Thanks I advance.

The summary:

- Missing content
- Charging full price for late ports (as in older than a year) when same game costs 25% on other systems with more content and features

Thanks. I was hopining you would be able to list games that have missing content.  If its just one then pffft.

In that video he talks about one being sniper elite, but if you want to know some others then there is madden and fifa which are version 12 rebranded as 13 with features missing.

The video didn't only focus on missing content though. It was more about putting games on the system that are old ports and expecting them to sell well at full retail price when cheaper versions are avialable and at the same time the games are so old  that people already played them on their other systems.

He is right to some degree, but at the same time what he misses is a lot of Nintendo fans who only own one console don't vote with their wallets when good ports come out. The prblem with this is we don't knwo how many of the current Wii U owenrs are only one console owners so hard to jdge this until a decent user base establishes.

Wow.. i didn't know about fifa and madden lacking the physics engine. Thats pretty sorry! Not surprising given their unprecedented commitment. I guess i miss judged the situation. While I still don't think missing content is an issue with any self-respecting publisher. I concede it's an issue. Far as late ports are concerned, there were a couple, but not as bad as it seems.

AC 3
BLOP 2
Darksiders 2
epic mickey 2
racing transformed
tag tournament 2
skylanders giants
nba 2k13

ninja gaiden 3
arkam city ae
warriors orochi 3

madden
fifa
mass effect

Of coarse im only looking at launch titles. Notice anything about the old halfassed ports? ELECTRONIC ARTS. At least all the other late ports had eXtra content. So really the half assed wiiu ports theory is a myth that hurts WiiU sales. It should be called the half assed EA ports.

add that Sniper game, but other than that, you're right, this thing is blown out of proportion, this isnt the WIi, but even then most people expected those versions to be the worst

Around the Network

@oniyide: thank you for noticing :)

oniyide said:
snyps said:
Cobretti2 said:
snyps said:
Cobretti2 said:
snyps said:
Cobretti2 said:
snyps said:

The summary:

- Missing content

AC 3
BLOP 2
Darksiders 2
epic mickey 2
racing transformed
tag tournament 2
skylanders giants
nba 2k13

ninja gaiden 3
arkam city ae
warriors orochi 3

madden
fifa
mass effect

add that Sniper game, but other than that, you're right, this thing is blown out of proportion, this isnt the WIi, but even then most people expected those versions to be the worst

Agreed it is blown out of proportion.  Most those launch games have significantly dropped in price (in Aus anyway) .

As I said in another thread  a month or so ago. The real test begins soon, when Rayman, Watch Dogs etc come out. Assuming these games don't bomb on metacritic, they should sell well. This is when fans have no excuse as these launch at the same time as other versions. NIntendo fans will need to vote with their wallets and not only talk about support.

KylieDog said:
snyps said:

AC 3
BLOP 2
Darksiders 2
epic mickey 2
racing transformed
tag tournament 2
skylanders giants
nba 2k13

ninja gaiden 3
arkam city ae
warriors orochi 3

madden
fifa
mass effect

Mass Effect 3 on WiiU included extra content, DLC people had to buy on PS3/360.

well, to be fair, the WIi U version was priced at 60 bucks, by the time it was out, i think both versions were thirty and below so even if you had to buy the DLC it would have come out the same if not cheaper

Scisca said:
Zero999 said:
Scisca said:
I buy a Nintendo console only to play exclusive games. I don't care if they are 1st, 2nd or 3rd party. I just see no point in buying an inferior version of a game, when I can just buy the better version for PS3/4. What Nintendo should do is to talk to 3rd parties and secure exclusive games. They should moneyhat as many games as possible. Sony should be doing the same with Vita. Your system is struggling, so go ahead and pay for the damned games to breathe some air into these consoles!

if you need to put side by side to see the difference I wouldn't call it inferior. and how about people who owns a wii u only buying game versions for wii u just like ps4 owners will buy for their console?

Do you really need to put side by side Wii and PS360 games? Or Wii U and PS4 games? Cause I don't.

If you're talking about PS360 and Wii U multiplats, then I think I'd actually choose the Wii U version to be able to play off screen, but the thing is... I do own a PS3 and I don't own a Wii U. So far I can't see enough incentives (i.e. exclusives like Bayo 2, ZombiU, X, Metroid Prime, Zelda, MK, etc.) to buy it and multiplats certainly won't convince me.

I'm just talking about myself, not Wii U exclusive owners. Though I get what they feel, cause most of this gen I only owned a Wii and bought my PS3 only last year. But now I know it's pointless and the best solution is to buy a Sony/MS console and the Nintendo console.

Or just the nintendo console if stupid third parties put their games on it. and yes, multis between wii u and ps4/xone will have to be put side by side to see the difference. let's start the comparison with watch dogs when it releases.

AZWification said:
SwansVanTerif said:
flagstaad said:
curl-6 said:
Trine 2: Director's Cut and Need For Speed Most Wanted U give a taste of what can be accomplished when devs actually put EFFORT into Wii U multiplats.

The problem is that when they put some real effort the sales are also not very good, I did my part and bought NFS MW but how many more did? people should vote with their wallets.

I think a big part of the problem is, that no one has any faith in 3rd party games on Nintendo consoles anymore. 3rd parties almost always putting out these inferior, late ports, has made people catiousabout buying any 3rd party game, especially those kind of people who just look at covers or names.

The best selling  3rd party Wii U games  are the following:
                     1. ZombiU-  The Red Steel of the Wii U, except decent.
                     2. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate-  It's expected since Monster Hunter is  a really big franchise in Japan. MH3 also had decent  sales on the Wii.
                     3.  Sonic & Sega All Stars Transformed- A Sonic game doing well on a Nintendo system... I am so shocked........
                     4. Just Dance 4- Well...... Just Dance had decent sales on the Wii I guess.
                     5. Scribblenauts Unlimited- Except PCs, Nintendo systems are the only systems Scribblenauts gets released on. Wii U version sold decently compared to 3DS version even if the European version got delayed a lot.

black ops 2 did better than scribblenauts and just dance if i recall correctly. right after them is batman arkham city and AC3, both at 150k. batman in particular I'd say did incredibly well since it's a VERY late port.