By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Half-Assed Wii U Multi-Plats NEED TO STOP!

Tagged games:

Cobretti2 said:

Agreed it is blown out of proportion.  Most those launch games have significantly dropped in price (in Aus anyway) .

As I said in another thread  a month or so ago. The real test begins soon, when Rayman, Watch Dogs etc come out. Assuming these games don't bomb on metacritic, they should sell well. This is when fans have no excuse as these launch at the same time as other versions. NIntendo fans will need to vote with their wallets and not only talk about support.

I'm confident the likes of rayman, batman, AC4, Cod ghosts and watch dogs will break the 500k line on wii u. watch dogs will probably exceed that.

then third parties will have no excuses not to release on wii u, especially with the probable lackluster sales on Ps4 and Xone due to installed base.

Around the Network
KylieDog said:

Mass Effect 3 on WiiU included extra content, DLC people had to buy on PS3/360.

It was released ONE WEEK AFTER mass effect trilogy, wich came out to every platform EXCEPT wii u. that's a perfect way to canibalize sales.

And people will tell us we didn't appreciate the fantastic games third parties blessed us with.

Zero999 said:
Scisca said:
Zero999 said:
Scisca said:
I buy a Nintendo console only to play exclusive games. I don't care if they are 1st, 2nd or 3rd party. I just see no point in buying an inferior version of a game, when I can just buy the better version for PS3/4. What Nintendo should do is to talk to 3rd parties and secure exclusive games. They should moneyhat as many games as possible. Sony should be doing the same with Vita. Your system is struggling, so go ahead and pay for the damned games to breathe some air into these consoles!

if you need to put side by side to see the difference I wouldn't call it inferior. and how about people who owns a wii u only buying game versions for wii u just like ps4 owners will buy for their console?

Do you really need to put side by side Wii and PS360 games? Or Wii U and PS4 games? Cause I don't.

If you're talking about PS360 and Wii U multiplats, then I think I'd actually choose the Wii U version to be able to play off screen, but the thing is... I do own a PS3 and I don't own a Wii U. So far I can't see enough incentives (i.e. exclusives like Bayo 2, ZombiU, X, Metroid Prime, Zelda, MK, etc.) to buy it and multiplats certainly won't convince me.

I'm just talking about myself, not Wii U exclusive owners. Though I get what they feel, cause most of this gen I only owned a Wii and bought my PS3 only last year. But now I know it's pointless and the best solution is to buy a Sony/MS console and the Nintendo console.

Or just the nintendo console if stupid third parties put their games on it. and yes, multis between wii u and ps4/xone will have to be put side by side to see the difference. let's start the comparison with watch dogs when it releases.

I highly doubt it. I'm affraid Wii U turned out to be weaker than I expected it to be, but I guess we're gonna see when Watchdogs, AC IV and other multiplats hit the market.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Scisca said:
Zero999 said:
Scisca said:
Zero999 said:
Scisca said:
I buy a Nintendo console only to play exclusive games. I don't care if they are 1st, 2nd or 3rd party. I just see no point in buying an inferior version of a game, when I can just buy the better version for PS3/4. What Nintendo should do is to talk to 3rd parties and secure exclusive games. They should moneyhat as many games as possible. Sony should be doing the same with Vita. Your system is struggling, so go ahead and pay for the damned games to breathe some air into these consoles!

if you need to put side by side to see the difference I wouldn't call it inferior. and how about people who owns a wii u only buying game versions for wii u just like ps4 owners will buy for their console?

Do you really need to put side by side Wii and PS360 games? Or Wii U and PS4 games? Cause I don't.

If you're talking about PS360 and Wii U multiplats, then I think I'd actually choose the Wii U version to be able to play off screen, but the thing is... I do own a PS3 and I don't own a Wii U. So far I can't see enough incentives (i.e. exclusives like Bayo 2, ZombiU, X, Metroid Prime, Zelda, MK, etc.) to buy it and multiplats certainly won't convince me.

I'm just talking about myself, not Wii U exclusive owners. Though I get what they feel, cause most of this gen I only owned a Wii and bought my PS3 only last year. But now I know it's pointless and the best solution is to buy a Sony/MS console and the Nintendo console.

Or just the nintendo console if stupid third parties put their games on it. and yes, multis between wii u and ps4/xone will have to be put side by side to see the difference. let's start the comparison with watch dogs when it releases.

I highly doubt it. I'm affraid Wii U turned out to be weaker than I expected it to be, but I guess we're gonna see when Watchdogs, AC IV and other multiplats hit the market.

If anything Watchdogs for WIi U will look closer to the PS360 versions than the PS4/xbone. ANd that a poor comparison anyway since the game and AC4 will most likely just be upressed for the PS4/xbone. If we really wanna get down and compare we got to use teh next gen games that are MADE for those systems, none of this cross gen crap. We have to compare stuff like KZ shadowfall, Infamous SS, Titanfall, etc. to the Wii U exclusives and so far the former looks more visually packing.

Around the Network
oniyide said:

If anything Watchdogs for WIi U will look closer to the PS360 versions than the PS4/xbone. ANd that a poor comparison anyway since the game and AC4 will most likely just be upressed for the PS4/xbone. If we really wanna get down and compare we got to use teh next gen games that are MADE for those systems, none of this cross gen crap. We have to compare stuff like KZ shadowfall, Infamous SS, Titanfall, etc. to the Wii U exclusives and so far the former looks more visually packing.

WATCH DOGS ISN'T HINDERED BY PS360 BECAUSE IT'S NOT BEING DEVELOPED WITH THOSE SYSTEM IM MIND. UBISOFT WAS CLEAR WHEN SAID THE GAME WAS BEING DEVELOPED ON HIGH END PC HARDEWARE AND THEN DOWNPORTED TO WII U/PS4/XONE, WITH THE PS360 VERSIONS BEING THE LAST ONES.

so watch dogs is a good game to compare, being next gen developed and launching on all three platforms.

p.s. either way everything will look similar on the 8th gen due to diminishing returns. ps360 versions will be noticeable inferior but Wii U won't, simple as that.

Zero999 said:
oniyide said:

WATCH DOGS ISN'T HINDERED BY PS360 BECAUSE IT'S NOT BEING DEVELOPED WITH THOSE SYSTEM IM MIND. UBISOFT WAS CLEAR WHEN SAID THE GAME WAS BEING DEVELOPED ON HIGH END PC HARDEWARE AND THEN DOWNPORTED TO WII U/PS4/XONE, WITH THE PS360 VERSIONS BEING THE LAST ONES.

so watch dogs is a good game to compare, being next gen developed and launching on all three platforms.

p.s. either way everything will look similar on the 8th gen due to diminishing returns. ps360 versions will be noticeable inferior but Wii U won't, simple as that.

This is coming from the same company that said a PS360 version of Rayman Legends wouldnt be possible? Believe what you want, i will remain skeptical till the game is released.

edit: actually if you believe there is going to be a noticable difference between, the PS360 version and WIi U version then there has to be a noticable difference between Wii U and next gen systems, since those will be closer ot whatever PC they had Watchdogs running on and WIi U is closer to PS360 than it is to PS4/Xbone

flagstaad said:
The problem is that when they put some real effort the sales are also not very good, I did my part and bought NFS MW but how many more did? people should vote with their wallets.

NFS MW not selling well isn't the least bit surprising, to me. The game released in November 2012 for the other platforms, right in the middle of the holidays. Despite the Wii U launching in the same month, NSF MW U didn't release until March 2013, in the slowest part of the year. DLC has yet to be confirmed for release on the Wii U. They didn't in any way advertise it, and in the days leading up to release of it, news came out saying "no Tiger Woods for Wii U", "no Madden 14 for Wii U", "no Battlefield 4 for Wii U", etc. Along with the fact that all three of EA's other Wii U games were underfeatured, lacking in any graphical polish, and unmarketed, with Mass Effect 3 clearly sabotaged by having Mass Effect Trilogy announced for the other platforms just weeks before ME3 U released, for the same price, who can blame people for voting with their wallets by not supporting EA?

Zero999 said:
I'm confident the likes of rayman, batman, AC4, Cod ghosts and watch dogs will break the 500k line on wii u. watch dogs will probably exceed that.

then third parties will have no excuses not to release on wii u, especially with the probable lackluster sales on Ps4 and Xone due to installed base.

When have third parties ever needed a valid excuse to not support a Nintendo platform? There's always the fallbacks of "we can't compete with Nintendo, they're just too good" and "Nintendo system owners only buy Nintendo games" and "There's no market for our games on Nintendo systems - just look at how badly our crappy spinoffs performed when we didn't advertise them and didn't support them in any other way!".

Also, I think Rayman Legends will end up selling fairly well, likely to break 1 million lifetime I think. If they hadn't screwed with it through the delay (the multiplat decision had no effect, just the massive delay), it could have been the first third-party system-seller, and managed something like 5 million, but it's still going to see healthy sales, purely thanks to how dedicated Michel Ancel is to the consumer.

KylieDog said:
snyps said:

Wow.. i didn't know about fifa and madden lacking the physics engine. Thats pretty sorry! Not surprising given their unprecedented commitment. I guess i miss judged the situation. While I still don't think missing content is an issue with any self-respecting publisher. I concede it's an issue. Far as late ports are concerned, there were a couple, but not as bad as it seems.

First a list of ports that were not late (up to 3 mo.):

AC 3
BLOP 2
Darksiders 2
epic mickey 2
racing transformed
tag tournament 2
skylanders giants
nba 2k13

Now as for late ports (1 year). These came with extra content:

ninja gaiden 3
arkam city ae
warriors orochi 3

and finally (1 year) old half assed ports:

madden
fifa
mass effect

Of coarse im only looking at launch titles. Notice anything about the old halfassed ports? ELECTRONIC ARTS. At least all the other late ports had eXtra content. So really the half assed wiiu ports theory is a myth that hurts WiiU sales. It should be called the half assed EA ports.

seriously :-<

Mass Effect 3 on WiiU included extra content, DLC people had to buy on PS3/360.

a minor insignificant detail.