By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Half-Assed Wii U Multi-Plats NEED TO STOP!

Tagged games:

Cobretti2 said:

Agreed it is blown out of proportion.  Most those launch games have significantly dropped in price (in Aus anyway) .

As I said in another thread  a month or so ago. The real test begins soon, when Rayman, Watch Dogs etc come out. Assuming these games don't bomb on metacritic, they should sell well. This is when fans have no excuse as these launch at the same time as other versions. NIntendo fans will need to vote with their wallets and not only talk about support.

i always vote third party! ;)

Around the Network
Aielyn said:
Zero999 said:
I'm confident the likes of rayman, batman, AC4, Cod ghosts and watch dogs will break the 500k line on wii u. watch dogs will probably exceed that.

then third parties will have no excuses not to release on wii u, especially with the probable lackluster sales on Ps4 and Xone due to installed base.

When have third parties ever needed a valid excuse to not support a Nintendo platform? There's always the fallbacks of "we can't compete with Nintendo, they're just too good" and "Nintendo system owners only buy Nintendo games" and "There's no market for our games on Nintendo systems - just look at how badly our crappy spinoffs performed when we didn't advertise them and didn't support them in any other way!".

Also, I think Rayman Legends will end up selling fairly well, likely to break 1 million lifetime I think. If they hadn't screwed with it through the delay (the multiplat decision had no effect, just the massive delay), it could have been the first third-party system-seller, and managed something like 5 million, but it's still going to see healthy sales, purely thanks to how dedicated Michel Ancel is to the consumer.

im sorry but no, no way. If preorders were anything to go by and were even in the ballpark, Rayman was not going to do anything for WIi U. THe rayman series is not that big, doesnt matter if it was exclusive or not, dont know why people believed that. Hell Lego is a much bigger franchise and that barely did a thing for WIi U, what makes you think Rayman would have done anything ? 5 mil? hell no. not even close. It wont even do that with all the platforms combined. THe biggest game in the series was the original which did 3mil plus on PS1 and WIi U is no PS1

and these 3rd parties wonder why there shit don't sell on a Nintendo console much, if they step there shit up, maybe i will buy there games... make a game that looks like real effort, like watch dogs... i am getting that game on my WiiU because the gamepad interests me..

I love half-assed games :P

Zero999 said:
oniyide said:

If anything Watchdogs for WIi U will look closer to the PS360 versions than the PS4/xbone. ANd that a poor comparison anyway since the game and AC4 will most likely just be upressed for the PS4/xbone. If we really wanna get down and compare we got to use teh next gen games that are MADE for those systems, none of this cross gen crap. We have to compare stuff like KZ shadowfall, Infamous SS, Titanfall, etc. to the Wii U exclusives and so far the former looks more visually packing.

either way everything will look similar on the 8th gen due to diminishing returns. ps360 versions will be noticeable inferior but Wii U won't, simple as that.

Dream on. Wii U is much closer to PS360 than to PS4One. I think it will be great if the Wii U version lands half way between the other platforms and is noticeably better looking than PS360, but I can't believe it will ever come close to what PS4One show us.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Around the Network
Aielyn said:
Zero999 said:
I'm confident the likes of rayman, batman, AC4, Cod ghosts and watch dogs will break the 500k line on wii u. watch dogs will probably exceed that.

then third parties will have no excuses not to release on wii u, especially with the probable lackluster sales on Ps4 and Xone due to installed base.

When have third parties ever needed a valid excuse to not support a Nintendo platform? There's always the fallbacks of "we can't compete with Nintendo, they're just too good" and "Nintendo system owners only buy Nintendo games" and "There's no market for our games on Nintendo systems - just look at how badly our crappy spinoffs performed when we didn't advertise them and didn't support them in any other way!".

Also, I think Rayman Legends will end up selling fairly well, likely to break 1 million lifetime I think. If they hadn't screwed with it through the delay (the multiplat decision had no effect, just the massive delay), it could have been the first third-party system-seller, and managed something like 5 million, but it's still going to see healthy sales, purely thanks to how dedicated Michel Ancel is to the consumer.

Rayman selling 5 million? Dude, you must be smoking some good stuff :D

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Half assed shitty ports = poor sales. How 3rd parties don't realise this is beyond me..

oniyide said:
im sorry but no, no way. If preorders were anything to go by and were even in the ballpark, Rayman was not going to do anything for WIi U. THe rayman series is not that big, doesnt matter if it was exclusive or not, dont know why people believed that. Hell Lego is a much bigger franchise and that barely did a thing for WIi U, what makes you think Rayman would have done anything ? 5 mil? hell no. not even close. It wont even do that with all the platforms combined. THe biggest game in the series was the original which did 3mil plus on PS1 and WIi U is no PS1

"What, Mario Kart? No, it's a 10 million seller, tops. You're insane if you think it'll ever sell 30 million copies!" - early 2005

"Call of Duty? A minor war franchise, sells maybe 3 million on a platform, maximum. You really think yet another tired old war shooter is going to set the charts alight?" - mid-2007

"Monster Hunter? On the PSP? Why would a franchise that has never sold better than 600,000 do well on the PSP?" - early 2005

All it takes is one game. Rayman was getting heaps of positive press. People were describing it as their must-have game. On a system that has relatively few people owning it right now, it was able to create a movement larger than most of the big ones (like Project Rainfall) spontaneously in reaction to the delay. People were getting seriously excited. About Rayman.

The original Rayman was able to sell 3 million copies. All of the other Rayman games since, until Origins, have been 3D, as far as I can see. Origins returned to Rayman's roots, and sold over 2 million copies across the various platforms.

Now, take a strong game that is getting high praise, add the fact that it's got practically no competition on a platform yearning for new games, in the same vein but distinct from the best-selling title on that platform, and factor in that it's pretty much the first title to make really strong use of the new controller. Then consider what happens when people buying a Wii U at the end of this year then go looking for quality titles to add to their collection. 5 million total wasn't at all unreasonable, in my view. Across all platforms, though, I expect no more than 2.5 million.

Also notice that I said "something like" - meaning, I was giving a very rough guess. 3 million is probably the more likely number that it would have managed. I wasn't intending it to be a prediction, just a ballpark description meaning "well over 1 million, probably a record number for the franchise".

Rayman Legends should be a good quality multiplat as it was designed on Wii U first.

Aielyn said:
oniyide said:

"What, Mario Kart? No, it's a 10 million seller, tops. You're insane if you think it'll ever sell 30 million copies!" - early 2005

"Call of Duty? A minor war franchise, sells maybe 3 million on a platform, maximum. You really think yet another tired old war shooter is going to set the charts alight?" - mid-2007

"Monster Hunter? On the PSP? Why would a franchise that has never sold better than 600,000 do well on the PSP?" - early 2005

All it takes is one game. Rayman was getting heaps of positive press. People were describing it as their must-have game. On a system that has relatively few people owning it right now, it was able to create a movement larger than most of the big ones (like Project Rainfall) spontaneously in reaction to the delay. People were getting seriously excited. About Rayman.

The original Rayman was able to sell 3 million copies. All of the other Rayman games since, until Origins, have been 3D, as far as I can see. Origins returned to Rayman's roots, and sold over 2 million copies across the various platforms.

Now, take a strong game that is getting high praise, add the fact that it's got practically no competition on a platform yearning for new games, in the same vein but distinct from the best-selling title on that platform, and factor in that it's pretty much the first title to make really strong use of the new controller. Then consider what happens when people buying a Wii U at the end of this year then go looking for quality titles to add to their collection. 5 million total wasn't at all unreasonable, in my view. Across all platforms, though, I expect no more than 2.5 million.

Also notice that I said "something like" - meaning, I was giving a very rough guess. 3 million is probably the more likely number that it would have managed. I wasn't intending it to be a prediction, just a ballpark description meaning "well over 1 million, probably a record number for the franchise".

you can throw quotes at me all day, they dont prove nothing since I never said any of them. ANd you forget all those series you mentioned had a GRADUAL increase, none of those games blew up overnight, there were like 5 different CODs before it got super big. 

Show me a series that went on a hiatus forever, had one game that needed like 6 diffirent platforms to get 2.5 mil then doubled those numbers on even less platforms for the sequel? We are going to have to agree to disagree. I could go with 3 mil combined hardware, maybe 1 mil for either PS3 or Wii U (yeah i know that it was made for WIi U, but fact is this series is favored in Europe, a region that SOny has on lock, look at origin numbers), but 5 mil? LOL no,