By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is the Wii U this Generations Dreamcast?

It look more like Gamecube

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Around the Network

The Dreamcast also suffered from rampant piracy. It was pretty obvious when everyone who had one had some sort of copy of Sonic Adventure 2, but the game sold next to nothing. Even the port to Gamecube, which had an even smaller userbase at the time, sold 10X as many units.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:

The Dreamcast also suffered from rampant piracy. It was pretty obvious when everyone who had one had some sort of copy of Sonic Adventure 2, but the game sold next to nothing. Even the port to Gamecube, which had an even smaller userbase at the time, sold 10X as many units.

Smaller userbase at the time, but not a smaller userbase overall. Where is your source for it selling 10x as many units? VGC doesn't seem to be tracking US and EU sales of the DC version.

You know I think its a lot more like this gens Saturn... except for a lot more sales. prob 45 million at most

why this thread still here? lol

Click HERE and be happy 

Around the Network
cmeese47 said:
I think I should clarify.

I never believed Nintendo would go out of business after Wii U.

My main concern was that Nintendo might pull the system early if the sales continue at such a sluggish pace. Obviously, Super Mario 3d World, X Bayonetta 2 and others look like they will give the system a boost but to make sure they do I wanted to encourage people to pick up the system.

Did Nintendo pull the 3DS after a sluggish start?  No, they reacted to it and eventually it eventually broke records and became the weekly sales leading console.

Pulling a long term product from the market is not only stupid but almost completely unheard of without having major corporate difficulties already in effect.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Yes it is.

Viper1 said:
cmeese47 said:
I think I should clarify.

I never believed Nintendo would go out of business after Wii U.

My main concern was that Nintendo might pull the system early if the sales continue at such a sluggish pace. Obviously, Super Mario 3d World, X Bayonetta 2 and others look like they will give the system a boost but to make sure they do I wanted to encourage people to pick up the system.

Did Nintendo pull the 3DS after a sluggish start?  No, they reacted to it and eventually it eventually broke records and became the weekly sales leading console.

Pulling a long term product from the market is not only stupid but almost completely unheard of without having major corporate difficulties already in effect.

Precisely, it might be the only reason why vita wasn't discontinued for example.