Which has a better Roster of Games?

PS4 253 47.83%

Xbox One 198 37.43%

Waiting for More Games to be Announced 77 14.56%

Total:528

wait deep down is an exclusive?

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
Ehm, Diablo III isn't exclusive as I read.

Correct it will be on x180 as well... Also ff xiv isnt coming to console its ffxiv:arr

Talal said:
I will permaban myself if the game releases in 2014.

in reference to KH3 release date

bananaking21 said:

As far as we know, yes

9087 said:
bananaking21 said:

As far as we know, yes

if they didnt announce it as an exclusive i doubt it will be. once they show off gameplay or show a trailer they will announce the platforms which will most probably be xbox1, PS4 and PC

At least the poll isn't a runaway with Sony in the lead as usual here. Some Sony fans seem to think the X1 did have better games and less so, some MS fans thought that Sony had the better line-up.

Around the Network

Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare is an xbox console exclusive so Major Nelson said.

as it stands, I personally think the PS4 has a better list, but only because of my personal preferences, and not objective quality. See, with the PS4 list, there are games that look like they'll appeal to me. inFamous Second Son is far and away the best looking game of all the stuff we've seen thus far, yet I can't say it'll be the best reviewed. That honor will likely go to Titan Fall or Forza. However, no Xbox One game comes without some sort of a Caveat. For example:

Forza 5: High pedigree game series...but I don't give a shit about racing games.
TitanFall: Looks fantastic, but I fear it'll be another generic shooter with mechs.
Project Spark: looks great, but relies too heavily on smartglass and Kinect
Dead Rising 3: looks like a good game, but a bad Dead Rising game (lacks the heart)
Crimson dragon: Love dragons, but it looks like Lair 2 to me.
Killer Instinct: Woohoo! KI FEELING!....wait, free to play nonsense? bleugh. No thanks.
Sunset Overdrive: Looks fun, but this reliance on 'the cloud' makes me think "always on DRM" (which is still a thing with select games, s uch as this)
Quantum Break: Looks fantastic..but we don'[t really know anything about its gameplay!

To be fair, almost all of these complaints, criticisms, and hangups can be applied to PS4 games as well, but then I remember there's NOTHING on either list I'm looking forward to as much as the multiplatform games and inFamous. For example:

Knack: could be the next great platform/action game...but we don't really know much about it
Drive Club: Like Forza, it's a racing game. Might be good, doesn't appear so yet.
Killzone: *Fake cheers* yay, more futuristic action. I tend to love the graphics, but other than that, generic tripe
The ORder 1886: Love the team, love the concept, but like Quantum Break we don't actually know much about it
Deep Down: oh right, this is an exclusive? Looks fun, but I don't trust capcom
inFamous Second Son: This is the only one I don't have some hesitation about. Absolutely can't wait. This and Multiplats.

To be fair, PS4 has a LOT of indies and console exclusives. I have a mid-low end gaming PC, but if I CAN get it on console I generally tend to prefer it there, and while I don't think PS4 will ever compare to Steam for indie support, it's nice to see sony actually taking an active stance on the issue and being proactive. Stuff like The Witness and Transistor make me squee with delight more than most of those retail games. I'm no indie snob, but sometimes I just wanna do Terraria or Guacamelee, and I find those games better than pretty much any AAA title, be it Call of Duty or Uncharted, exclusive or multiplat.

So in conclusion, I think that at this point, Sony just barely edges out Microsoft due to inFamous Second Son, but I figure if history is any indication, the PS4 will ultimately have the better overall library. Microsoft has to be applauded for bringing the games - many of which look like they could end up really good - but in the end I do think Sony will bring more over time. For example, this year alone (the year the Xbox 360 practically gave up and the Wii is already dead), Sony has brought us Ni No Kuni and The LAst of us, and we're still waiting on Beyond Two Souls and more. Not to mention the indie support.

So yes, Microsoft brought it, but they lack any real inspiration or creativity from what I've seen. Sony has the creativity in the bag. I've always seen Sony as the middleground between saccharine happiness of Nintendo and the brown and grey dudebro fratboy aesthetic of Microsoft. That said, with Kingdom Hearts III and Final Fantasy XV both coming to Xbox One, that may change.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Don't want to knock your Thread It's nice..But really?...Dark sorcerer?...A tech Demo as an Exclusive..I think you should wait to have more informantion on that..Atleast you put a question mark next to it...

Sony screwed up with their launch line up, as well as with their games lineup at E3.

I've said it before. They should've made TLoU a ps4 exclusive; GT6 should be on ps4 rather than ps3 (its like they WANT to let Forza overtake their only system selling franchise). Now, instead, they have NOTHING that appeals to the masses.

I'm a PS guy due to game preference - - I like lots of the games Sony has as exclusives, and only have interest in Gears on MS's side - - but, even I can't find a reason to get a ps4 at launch. I truly WANT a reason to buy a launch ps4; but, I just can't justify the purchase due to their lackluster lineup. I absolutely can't wait for inFAMOUS: SS, and will buy a ps4 for it; but alas, its not a launch game.

KZ:SF and Knack still interest me more than anything XBO has at launch (tho probably not enough to get either); but, if I'm being honest, I think that - - when speaking in terms of mass appeal - - MS has the stronger launch lineup.

Sony has so many big games in development that I think we all should be excited, but again, they didn't make this evident AT ALLL at E3.

Just bc I've been wanting to say this for a while...I've been shocked every time I've heard someone claim Ryse to be some great looking game. It reminds me of the times I've seen the Sony brethren (God bless u) praise some upcoming ps3 exclusive, and I'm just like "hmm...I don't see the appeal." Then it ends up bombing. I thought Ryse looked quite underwhelming and am willing to bet hi stakes its gonna be crap. Anyone else think it looks bad? (For the record, I'm not saying some ppl.might not still enjoy it; just that overall it will end up being mediocre at best)

Neither one really has any sort of good line up at launch. The one game I'd get on both the PS4 and Xbox One would be Watch Dogs and then I'd just be waiting until something else comes along. Although some of these may be launch titles we don't know, but I'm also interested in the multiplatform titles The Division, Dragon Age 3, Mirror's Edge, and The Witcher 3. While I have some slight interest in other games, not much.

The benefit of getting the Xbox One over the PS4 when it comes to the games is really just Killer Instinct. There's really nothing else on the system that releases now or in the future that seems interesting. Quantum Break might be interesting because it's made by Remedy, but any genuine interest that people have for this title is that it's an Xbox One exclusive, because there hasn't been any gameplay for people to get a real opinion on it.

The benefit of getting a PS4 over an Xbox One is that even if you have no games, there are free to play titles like Planetside 2 and DC Universe Online. If you don't have PS+ these titles can still be played online and are played on the same servers that the PS3 and PC games are played on. There's also Diablo 3 at launch if you haven't played it on PC or PS360. Early next year Infamous Second Son comes out and it looks amazing. If you're an Infamous fan, watching that gameplay video you can pretty much guarantee you'll love the game.

So yeah. When it comes to games, neither looks that good, but bias aside, the PS4 looks like the better day one option if I were to recommend one.