By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - So now did Microsoft win this generation with the Xbone?

Win?

Yes 70 9.55%

No 552 75.31%

I am scared, and think it is too early to say 59 8.05%

Other ( post below) 12 1.64%

I liked the restrictions and DRM... 26 3.55%

Wright is a Wizard. 14 1.91%

Total:733
Player1x3 said:
JWeinCom said:
They're still more expensive than the PS4, but they're certainly in much better shape than they were 30 minutes ago.

Not to mention they have a weaker console with bigger focus on social and TV, as well as smaller first party support (most certanly improved from 360, but still smaller than Sony's and Nintendo's). The console is also harder to develop for...and its being outsold by PS4 in its strongest markets (US and UK)

But yeah, they are in much better shape than they were 30 minutes ago.

This "weaker" is such a small gap that its neglible. Like 360/PS3 gaps. Who cares really.

Ironically, we know of more Xbox one games not on PS4 then PS4 exclsuives. Go figure.

MS pioneered PC architecture, making it very easy to develop for. Both PS4 and X1 are easy tod evelop for.....but this isn't even your problem as a consumer.

Outsold......via preorders. With 5 months to go before launch, without MS marketing $$$$ kicking in and with Kinect having a casual edge on PS4. Right.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
Hynad said:
the_dengle said:
• Still requires internet connection
• Still requires Kinect
• Still no backwards-compatibility
• Still $100 more than PS4
• Exclusives still look like shit compared to PS4/WiiU/PC lineup

no, Microsoft is still in last place.

Forza 5, Sunset Overdrive, Quantum Break, Spark, Titanfall, Killer Instinct (even if the character designer is really bad)... There are plenty of appealing games on this console.

But yeah, I can see the price being a huge factor here. Just as it was for the PS3.

Backward compatibility is a non issue. You don't have that on the PS4 either. Maybe people live in really small apartment where they don't have enough room to have multiple consoles plugged into their TV at the same time... But it's never been an issue to me. Anyway, I don't go back to the older consoles often enough to find the lack of BC a bother.

And it doesn't require an internet connection anymore.

• An internet connection will not be required to play offline Xbox One games After a one-time system set-up with a new Xbox One, you can play any disc based game without ever connecting online again. There is no 24 hour connection requirement and you can take your Xbox One anywhere you want and play your games, just like on Xbox 360.

It does, in fact, require a one-time internet connection.

The fighting and shooter genres are so overpopulated right now that no one on PS4 or PC would miss Titanfall or Killer Instinct. Instinct is going to be lousy anyway, and Titanfall will be on 360 and PC. Quantum Break is a TV show. Spark is Sim City X Scribblenauts. Forza, although it looks nice, is a racing game -- another heavily overpopulated genre. Sunset Overdrive sure looks pretty, although we saw ZERO gameplay, and this is the team that made Fuse.

PS4 doesn't have as many exclusives, but at least they look decent. I won't waste your time listing them, you already know what they are. I will note that inFamous appeals to me more than every Xbox One exclusive lined up in a row, though. Where the PS4 really shines is its indie support. Xbone still doesn't allow indies to self-publish, right?

Oh yeah, and as for backwards compatibility, at least Sony is trying to find a solution with its streaming service, which they claim will be up and running at some point next year.

And almost everything that I just said stands true for Wii U, as well. Better exclusives. Much more affordable price point. No internet connection required. Better indie support. Full backwards-compatibility. It falls short in multiplatform games from major publishers, so there you go, but it still sounds like a better deal to me than the Xbone.

Why am I still getting responses to this old post, anyway? It's from like 10 pages ago.

AndrewWK said:
Zero999 said:
AndrewWK said:

The online inftrastructure is a mess and games don´t come frequent enough. I mean the Wii U costs 350€ I know the Xbone will launch at 500€ but it is multiple times more powerfull in regards of processing power, has reliable and very good online infrastructure, offers services like Netflix and HBO go, it can be used as a blu Ray player. And the Xbone will have a ton of third party support which the Wii U already lacks. 

I would agree on that the Nintendo developed titles will have the most quality of the exclusives. But Nintendo titles have become so redundant in the past few years. Of course this is a subjective matter but if you are sick of the same old recycled Nintendo properties then you wont be happy with the Wii U.

Plus the Xbone comes with a great gamepad that can be used for fighting games racing games and all sorts of games. The Wii U gamepad is not a good tablet and doesn´t work particularly well as a controller for most games that don´t udolize the second screen functionality well or at all, whoch are the most games. I know Nintendo offers a pro controller which is great but those are additional 45€ to spend on. 

So calling the Wii U a superior system is very generous, I would even argue about that in comparison to the 360 and PS3. But until the XBone doesn´t come we wont be able to make a fair comparison. We don´t know yet how fast the OS of the Xbone will be, how the support will be handled etc. 

bolded1: lie

b2: HUGE lie

b3: irrelevant, we talk about games

b4: wii u's third party support needs to improve ant it probably will. you saying it won't get better is not gonna change the future.

b5: redundant to you maybe, not to the dozens of millions who play and love them.

b6: Sure, the one company who releases games of the same franchise several years apart of each other is "recycling them". and many are completely different in the game design.

b7:I can't believe someone has the capacity to write this crap. wii u gamepad is a tradicional controler with a touchscreen, it plays any kind of game regardless of your bitching.

Are you jut trolling me? Because if you are please just say so.

First thing Nintendos online infrastructure is far behind Microsofts infrastructure even Nintendo knows that. 

The Xbone is much more powerfull then the Wii U

http://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/PS4_vs._Xbox_One_vs._Wii_U_Comparison_Chart

How many Third party titles came out this year for the Wii U? And how many of those games got released at the same date? How many non Nintendo titles where announced at the E3? No MGS no Witcher no Dragon Age no Division etc.

Some things are subjective so I wont discuss this.

Have you tried playing Injustice or AC3 on the Wii U gamepad? Its an inferior input device then the Xbox controller

so the gamepad is a bad device BECAUSE YOU SAY SO, wii u's third party multiplatform support won't get better BECAUSE YOU SAY SO... incredible arguments

here are my arguments to the inevitable hater response you would try:

1. Wii u is getting batman, AC4, watch dogs, cor, splinter cell, basically most AAA multi's for the year and that's already a much better support than wii had. 

2. those third party titles will do much better than lauch titles thanks to a year old install base, wich by the end of the year should be around 9 or 10M. a much bigger base than PsOne will have at the same time.

3. the previews statements put pressure on thirds to release their games on wii u.

See? that's much better than being like you and saying: third party support will be bad because I want and that's it. Also, no matter how much you whine about it there isn't a big difference between wii u and Xone specs. and with graphics getting stagnant the difference will be more irrelevant than normal.

Zero999 said:

so the gamepad is a bad device BECAUSE YOU SAY SO, wii u's third party multiplatform support won't get better BECAUSE YOU SAY SO... incredible arguments

here are my arguments to the inevitable hater response you would try:

1. Wii u is getting batman, AC4, watch dogs, cor, splinter cell, basically most AAA multi's for the year and that's already a much better support than wii had. 

2. those third party titles will do much better than lauch titles thanks to a year old install base, wich by the end of the year should be around 9 or 10M. a much bigger base than PsOne will have at the same time.

3. the previews statements put pressure on thirds to release their games on wii u.

See? that's much better than being like you and saying: third party support will be bad because I want and that's it. Also, no matter how much you whine about it there isn't a big difference between wii u and Xone specs. and with graphics getting stagnant the difference will be more irrelevant than normal.

3:00-4:00 about the gamepad

Talking about Nintendo and Third Partie is exhausting its like talking about politics, and I had enough of that in the last few days.

You know what? Whatever man, believe whatever you want

AndrewWK said:

Talking about Nintendo and Third Partie is exhausting its like talking about politics, and I had enough of that in the last few days.

what about the gamepad? was there something in the video related to what we talked about? because certainly a video showing how the touchscreen works means sh#t about how the buttons work.

Around the Network
Zero999 said:
AndrewWK said:

what about the gamepad? was there something in the video related to what we talked about? because certainly a video showing how the touchscreen works means sh#t about how the buttons work.

" it is multiple times more powerfull in regards of processing power"

You think that is a lie?  Wow now i have seen everything

*run away screaming "Some crazy dude in the internet thinks that the Wii U is as powerful as the Xbone, LOL"* 

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

Wagram said:
Sales determine the winner, and neither are out yet...so who knows.

No the WiiU is the winner as of now

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Horrorfest said:
Sony will still dominate this generation. The only reason the xbox 360 even challenged it is because it launched earlier and was cheaper. Now it's the other way around.

a lot cheaper and still has gotten caught.  Hell think of how bad a stigma PSN has.  Now that we pay maybe that'll go away too.  They have more first party games in developement for the first year (20 vs. 15) and less stuff behind a paywall.  They've turned their SEVERE price disadvantage into an advantage and still managed to have a more powerful and smaller machine.  They've gotten all the good PR and that won't just turn in MS's favor because they reversed some of their policies.  MS already blew their wad with game announcements yet it was overshadowed by this DRM fiasco so now they have little left to show to create more buzz.  Halo and Forza are already out of the bag and what did they do for buzz?

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

radha said:
Zero999 said:
AndrewWK said:

" it is multiple times more powerfull in regards of processing power"

You think that is a lie?  Wow now i have seen everything

*run away screaming "Some crazy dude in the internet thinks that the Wii U is as powerful as the Xbone, LOL"* 

Just let him be. I think he lives in his own little bubble

Lol do you think Sony already shown all excluisves they will offer for whole gen. PS3 eben manage to outsell X360 in long run even with hogher price tag and late release date.