By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - So now did Microsoft win this generation with the Xbone?

Win?

Yes 70 9.55%

No 552 75.31%

I am scared, and think it is too early to say 59 8.05%

Other ( post below) 12 1.64%

I liked the restrictions and DRM... 26 3.55%

Wright is a Wizard. 14 1.91%

Total:733
MonstaMack said:
LivingMetal said:
Nope. I remembered when PS3 haters were complaining about the PS3's price because of the "unnecessary" Blu-Ray drive. Now we have the mandatory Kinect in the Xbox One which is less useful than Blu-Ray which is one of the reasons why the Xbox One is $100 more expensive than the PS4. Go Figure.

Except this is a $100 difference this time around, and not $200. It's not that big of a difference at all. Also I gurantee this thing is going to be sold out for a few months/hard to find.

That's right.  But it also doesn't have the PS brand to push it WW, like the PS3 did.  And you are right, it will be sold out.  But that is mostly due to low supply, not high demand.

Around the Network
MonstaMack said:
LivingMetal said:
Nope. I remembered when PS3 haters were complaining about the PS3's price because of the "unnecessary" Blu-Ray drive. Now we have the mandatory Kinect in the Xbox One which is less useful than Blu-Ray which is one of the reasons why the Xbox One is $100 more expensive than the PS4. Go Figure.

Except this is a $100 difference this time around, and not $200. It's not that big of a difference at all. Also I gurantee this thing is going to be sold out for a few months/hard to find.

Entry level PS3 was $500.  $100 no matter how you slice it is still $100 which is a lot to many people.  You cannot speak for all.  Also, I'll guarantee that both the PS4 and Xbox One willl be sold out for a few months/hard to find, and we're hearing of more supply constraints of the Xbox One hardware over the PS4 - ADVANTAGE PS4.  But the Xbox One doesn't have the clear cut advantages over the PS4 like the Xbox 360 had over the PS3 during their respective launches (launched earlier, cheaper priced, better looking games.)  This is the bigger picture here.

AndrewWK said:

All right, but most of those games where multiplat titles and only 5 of them where PS4 exclusives

Killzone, Infamous, Knack, Driveclub where announced at the PS4 reveal so technically there was only 1 new PS4 exclusive announced at the Sony press conference

They also said they would have 20 exclusives in the first year versus microsofts 15 exclusives.

LivingMetal said:

Entry level PS3 was $500.  $100 no matter how you slice it is still $100 which is a lot to many people.  You cannot speak for all.  Also, I'll guarantee that both the PS4 and Xbox One willl be sold out for a few months/hard to find, and we're hearing of more supply constraints of the Xbox One hardware over the PS4 - ADVANTAGE PS4.  But the Xbox One doesn't have the clear cut advantages over the PS4 like the Xbox 360 had over the PS3 during their respective launches (launched earlier, cheaper priced, better looking games.)  This is the bigger picture here.

Entry level was also in supply constraints. $100 is nothing if you look at the IPad market, people will spend no matter what if the the stuff they want is there. Games is all subjective, I think Forza looks a helluva lot better then Driveclub, and I'll take Forza, Ryse, Dead Rising, KI, COD and Battlefield timed DLC over Knack, Infamous and Drive Club. Just sayin'.

It's just that simple.

If the 7th generation has taught us anything it's that EVERYONE wants Kinect, so XB one80 autowins because it is the only console with Kinect.

Anyway I'm off to play The Last of Us which only just arrived in the mail today.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
binary solo said:
If the 7th generation has taught us anything it's that EVERYONE wants Kinect, so XB one80 autowins because it is the only console with Kinect.

True. Kinect did have a 26% install base, pretty damn good for a add on.

It's just that simple.

Nem said:
AndrewWK said:

All right, but most of those games where multiplat titles and only 5 of them where PS4 exclusives

Killzone, Infamous, Knack, Driveclub where announced at the PS4 reveal so technically there was only 1 new PS4 exclusive announced at the Sony press conference

They also said they would have 20 exclusives in the first year versus microsofts 15 exclusives.

But we saw a bunch of the 15 MS exclusives and 4 of the 20 Sony has. Btw can you give me a link where Sony says they have all of that exclusives

I say its good for Xbox fans. Nothing Microsoft's studios has made outside of Forza has impressed me. The games they paid for like Ryse, Dead Rising and some others are meh, no real spark to their characters. No charisma. Can't wait for Halo so I guess the only time the Xbone could ever really appeal to me is for that one shooter. Titan fall, I'll be getting that on my computer....so yeah nothing really until 2014. I don't really get why people are going gaga over Quantum Break when we've never seen one shred of video for it after two teasers already. The chances of that being a true Xbox exclusive are slim as well...I have Alan Wake and all the DLC on my PC. Remedy will most likely put this on PC as well so...so yeah. Killer Instinct.....we'll see about that...the character models are iffy, they dont remind me of the characters of the past and look like they took too much inspiration from street fighters exaggerated bulky style. Killer Instinct set visual standards for itself in an era where only Clayfighter was truly a visual marvel for its time.

Theres nothing concrete for me. Im more interested in a Wii U for 2014 than I am for the Xbone right now. That could change next year though and people have been talking about MS at Gamescom, so yeah.

People think its games like Halo that put orignal Xbox over the moon but that console sold like what 24 million, right? Yeah, it was multiplats that helped it sell well in truth as well as the Kinect later on. People follow the multiplats and the price point they have is $100 more than their main compeitition so they still are in trouble unless they change that.

P.S.

To ask a question about any console winning a gen before it launches is utterly ridiculous. 

MonstaMack said:
LivingMetal said:

Entry level was also in supply constraints. $100 is nothing if you look at the IPad market, people will spend no matter what if the the stuff they want is there. Games is all subjective, I think Forza looks a helluva lot better then Driveclub, and I'll take Forza, Ryse, Dead Rising, KI, COD and Battlefield timed DLC over Knack, Infamous and Drive Club. Just sayin'.

Thank you for sharing for preference.  But On topic, the Xbox One just doesn't have the clear cut advantages the Xbox 360 had before to win this coming generation.

No, the price decides now but i expect it to be a much closer race now.

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018