By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Mark Cerny killed it on Jimmy Fallon

Should Mark Cerny be the face of PlayStation 4?

Hell yeah, it's his baby! 194 70.80%

No, he's too geeky! 36 13.14%

(see results) 44 16.06%

Total:274
S.T.A.G.E. said:
JoeFlex said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
JoeFlex said:
I pre-ordered the Knack PS4 bundle. I can't wait to try it!

I wont be able to get the PS4 at launch, because I know by the time I am ready which will be like a month before it will already have been sold out.

My only worry is losing interest in current gen. Between my cousin and I we have over 100 + PS3 games, and about half are untouched. I dropped PS2 games after I got 360/PS3 even though I had a backlog. My 360 backlog is done since there wasn't as much exclusives and I've been catching up recently.

Keep the PS3 and buy a PS4 as a secondary console until you finish the PS3 and you can sell that off later. I will be finished finished with my PS3 library in October. I dont collect hardware but as long as I keep my hardware I like to have my discs present. Do what you feel is best.

Oh I don't get rid of anything. I have enough space in my home to house several generations of consoles. I'm just concerned I might lose interest in PS3 games once I get used to the quality PS4 produces. I get the sense PS4 will be more consistent than PS3 with respect to producing titles. The launch is already looking impressive, and with games like Knack, KZ ShadowFall, DriveClub, Watch Dogs, inFAMOUSm AC4: BF, etc etc etc at the launch/launch window period, I'll have enough to be occupied on PS4 alone. Yea, I'm going to try HARD to dwindle my backlog by October. Don't forget us for Mass Effect by the way. We will be ready in 2 weeks. Soldier class level 60 X 2.

Around the Network

This should help Knack and Ps4 a bit in America. But basically Fallon is just offering advertising space for both companies? How about the wii u?

kitler53 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
kitler53 said:

@1:12

"this system is the only one where you can still play used games" ~jimmy
"we support used games, we don't require an internet connection" ~cerny

..wow, epic miss-information by jimmy. epic truthful yet non-specific answer by cerny.

Actually, Jimmy is correct if you want the facts from the initial statements of MS. MS then went back on it later after the backlash and changed their statements to mirror Sonys to save their PR as in "Its up to the developers". Before that their system for the Xbone was created to lock down all used games. 

no.

A) wiiU.  B) regardless of what rumors may or may not have said MS first official statement was "used games at participating retailers".

Hes referring to next gen consoles. Everyone including the media has chosen to not refer to the Wii U as next gen even though it is. I cannot fathom why? But yeah. 

B) Microsoft told Gamestop to accept the azure network which lets them and third parties profit off of their games. The DRM was going to be imposed on every used game until the fans bitched. This caused Gamestops stocks to drop as soon as it was announced. MS changed their tone and stated that its up to the developers later on to sound exactly like Sony, because Sony has never changed their stance or wording since February that there will be no DRM on the console. Because of the fears of what Microsoft had imposed Sony had to keep the same answers a thousand times to take down anyones fears of a secondary console with the same library having similar issues and thankfully there was no DRM, but if third parties wanted to involve themselves then so be it. Microsofts system inititally was going to be the DRM itself and was also going to take a cut of Gamestops money on second hand games.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Because of the fears of what Microsoft had imposed Sony had to keep the same answers a thousand times to take down anyones fears of a secondary console with the same library having similar issues and thankfully there was no DRM, but if third parties wanted to involve themselves then so be it. Microsofts system inititally was going to be the DRM itself and was also going to take a cut of Gamestops money on second hand games.

The only limiting method publishers are allowed to apply on Sony's system is an online pass.

LemonSlice said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Because of the fears of what Microsoft had imposed Sony had to keep the same answers a thousand times to take down anyones fears of a secondary console with the same library having similar issues and thankfully there was no DRM, but if third parties wanted to involve themselves then so be it. Microsofts system inititally was going to be the DRM itself and was also going to take a cut of Gamestops money on second hand games.

The only limiting method publishers are allowed to apply on Sony's system is an online pass.

EA thought Microsoft was going to pressure Sony into DRM, but Sony left it up to the publishers putting the spotlight on themselves and EA scrambled back into the darkness. 

Around the Network
JoeFlex said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
JoeFlex said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
JoeFlex said:
I pre-ordered the Knack PS4 bundle. I can't wait to try it!

I wont be able to get the PS4 at launch, because I know by the time I am ready which will be like a month before it will already have been sold out.

My only worry is losing interest in current gen. Between my cousin and I we have over 100 + PS3 games, and about half are untouched. I dropped PS2 games after I got 360/PS3 even though I had a backlog. My 360 backlog is done since there wasn't as much exclusives and I've been catching up recently.

Keep the PS3 and buy a PS4 as a secondary console until you finish the PS3 and you can sell that off later. I will be finished finished with my PS3 library in October. I dont collect hardware but as long as I keep my hardware I like to have my discs present. Do what you feel is best.

Oh I don't get rid of anything. I have enough space in my home to house several generations of consoles. I'm just concerned I might lose interest in PS3 games once I get used to the quality PS4 produces. I get the sense PS4 will be more consistent than PS3 with respect to producing titles. The launch is already looking impressive, and with games like Knack, KZ ShadowFall, DriveClub, Watch Dogs, inFAMOUSm AC4: BF, etc etc etc at the launch/launch window period, I'll have enough to be occupied on PS4 alone. Yea, I'm going to try HARD to dwindle my backlog by October. Don't forget us for Mass Effect by the way. We will be ready in 2 weeks. Soldier class level 60 X 2.

Give me your PSN name..I need a partner until your cousin comes back. After  he is free I'll add him too.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
kitler53 said:

no.

A) wiiU.  B) regardless of what rumors may or may not have said MS first official statement was "used games at participating retailers".

Hes referring to next gen consoles. Everyone including the media has chosen to not refer to the Wii U as next gen even though it is. I cannot fathom why? But yeah. 

B) Microsoft told Gamestop to accept the azure network which lets them and third parties profit off of their games. The DRM was going to be imposed on every used game until the fans bitched. This caused Gamestops stocks to drop as soon as it was announced. MS changed their tone and stated that its up to the developers later on to sound exactly like Sony, because Sony has never changed their stance or wording since February that there will be no DRM on the console. Because of the fears of what Microsoft had imposed Sony had to keep the same answers a thousand times to take down anyones fears of a secondary console with the same library having similar issues and thankfully there was no DRM, but if third parties wanted to involve themselves then so be it. Microsofts system inititally was going to be the DRM itself and was also going to take a cut of Gamestops money on second hand games.

now read what you wrote to B)  then re-read jimmy's statement.

misinformation.  xbone is more restrictive, but is can still play used games.

kitler53 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
kitler53 said:

no.

now read what you wrote to B)  then re-read jimmy's statement.

misinformation.  xbone is more restrictive, but is can still play used games.

I think thats what Jimmy meant. He misworeded it, but yes. Jimmy is a gamer so I am sure he caught wind of the bag gaming press that MS has been getting.

They both suck balls on KI... wow... looked lame as hell. (I think all fighters are pretty lame but this demo looked lame as it gets... and I'm not talking about the game I'm talking about their skills with it.)

Sony's marketing this generation is really taking advantage of MS mistake's he said the system was 10x more powerful than the ps3 wich clearly takes advantage of Spencer's mistake.
Seriosly sony that used game thing again ...