By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - NBA Finals thread...Onto Game 7! Who wins?

Who wins the finals?

Spurs in 6 16 21.62%

Spurs in 7 16 21.62%

Heat in 7 42 56.76%

Total:74

Spurs need to win 5 games like the blackhawks due to poor officiating...

Around the Network

ARGH MIAMI WON D:

Duncan played out of his mind. A near 40 year old with 30 and 17 rebounds? Crazy.
As much as I dislike him, Lebron was also great. Triple double with 30 points. Ray allen clutch three to seal the win....

SPURS IN 7!!!!

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Went to game 7 to provide more money for the NBA.

ps3-sales! said:
ARGH MIAMI WON D:

Duncan played out of his mind. A near 40 year old with 30 and 17 rebounds? Crazy.
As much as I dislike him, Lebron was also great. Triple double with 30 points. Ray allen clutch three to seal the win....

SPURS IN 7!!!!

This. Ray Allen was MIA until that clutch three for sure. Thank god! I love the Heat!

Metallicube said:
God I hate the Heat.. I might need to take an NBA hiatus until this "big 3" finally gets disbanded. Yes, I hate them that much.

People hate winners. They are just waitingf or them to fail. Thats why they stay on top because they realize what being the top team means. If its threatened they go into emergency drive.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Metallicube said:
God I hate the Heat.. I might need to take an NBA hiatus until this "big 3" finally gets disbanded. Yes, I hate them that much.

People hate winners. They are just waitingf or them to fail. Thats why they stay on top because they realize what being the top team means. If its threatened they go into emergency drive.

lol if that was the case then everybody would hate Tim Duncan and the spurs which I will add is much more established then Lebron or the the heat.  People don't like the Heat because they have a bunch of band wagon fans who knows very little about the sport and possibly the most arrogant fans in the league.  

JayWood2010 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Metallicube said:

lol if that was the case then everybody would hate Tim Duncan and the spurs which I will add is much more established then Lebron or the the heat.  People don't like the Heat because they have a bunch of band wagon fans who knows very little about the sport and possibly the most arrogant fans in the league.  

Duncan is old. The Heat are young and Duncan came from a period in basketball when respect was forcably earned. Lebron is a talent that is hitting record numbers and he will probably be the best every before he retires and possibly the richest without creating a secondary business. He comes with a generation with a handful of standout talent amongst the good players. Duncan has heart and wants this ring, but I dont care if he wants it hes going to have a tear a hole through the heat. That game nearly gave me a heart attack. The Heat are awesome and after this I doubt they will let the next game go in Miami. Not at all. 

P.S.

I love the bandwagon fans who cheer the teams who beat their favorite teams just so they could beat the Heat. 

If you think Manu was fouled when he drove you do not know basketball. If his arms are wrapped around the ball it is not a foul to contact them. If his arms are not touching the ball (Like during a shot) and there is contact with them, then it is a foul. Clearly no foul since he wrapped the ball up, especially in the finals seconds. The only reason you guys think that should be a foul is because of the bullshit weak fouls the refs call earlier in games. They should ref the whole game like they do the last 2 minutes. Instead they give false ideas to people what a foul actually is. The reffing in that game was still horrible, but Manu was not fouled.

RVDondaPC said:
If you think Manu was fouled when he drove you do not know basketball. If his arms are wrapped around the ball it is not a foul to contact them. If his arms are not touching the ball (Like during a shot) and there is contact with them, then it is a foul. Clearly no foul since he wrapped the ball up, especially in the finals seconds. The only reason you guys think that should be a foul is because of the bullshit weak fouls the refs call earlier in games. They should ref the whole game like they do the last 2 minutes. Instead they give false ideas to people what a foul actually is. The reffing in that game was still horrible, but Manu was not fouled.

Agree.  Basketball is such a poorly officated game all around, all the time.  It's actually fun to watch from a 3rd party perspective because you realize there really is no bias and that bad, inconsistent calls are happening on both ends.  Officials almost dictate the pace of the game, and sometimes it does seem that they want to "keep it close" so to speak, but for the most part, bad all around.

In their defense.  There is so much body contact and gray area that it must be hard being an official in the NBA.  If you've ever been courtside you'll HEAR how physical basketball actually is.  You'll also realize how big the players are.  TV doesn't do it justice.

Duncan is old. The Heat are young and Duncan came from a period in basketball when respect was forcably earned. Lebron is a talent that is hitting record numbers and he will probably be the best every before he retires and possibly the richest without creating a secondary business. He comes with a generation with a handful of standout talent amongst the good players. Duncan has heart and wants this ring, but I dont care if he wants it hes going to have a tear a hole through the heat. That game nearly gave me a heart attack. The Heat are awesome and after this I doubt they will let the next game go in Miami. Not at all. 

P.S.

I love the bandwagon fans who cheer the teams who beat their favorite teams just so they could beat the Heat. 

People love winners too, don't be silly.  How many little kids rooted for Jordan, Joe Montana back in the day, or Lebron, Aaron Rodgers today as examples.  People dislike the heat because the way they announced themselves to the league in the biginning with the "not 1, not 2, not 7" nonsense.  Mind you this was before they won anything.  We all know most pro athletes are arrogant, but that was a entirely new level of d-baggery.

Anyways, I think most people are over that to some degree.  A lot of people just like to root for the longshot or underdog.  It's not personal, its just fun to sometimes root for David and not Goliath...

And yes, the Heat do have many shitty fans but a smaller core of die hards too.  Miami has a lot of shit to do though, so I don't blame them for not living and breathing basketball.  Also has a lot of wealth.  You want to see a die hard sports town, visit Cleveland (espesially our Browns).  We don't win shit every year yet we come out again and again.  It's like we are gluttons for punishment!