By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - NBA Finals thread...Onto Game 7! Who wins?

Who wins the finals?

Spurs in 6 16 21.62%

Spurs in 7 16 21.62%

Heat in 7 42 56.76%

Total:74
g911turbo said:
Chris Hu said:
Miami did a excellent job containing Ducan in the second half and overtime considering that he scored 25 points in the first half and only 5 points in the second half and overtime. Also Lebron did a pretty good job guarding Parker in the second half if it wasn't for that crazy 3 pointer Parker hit in the 4th the game would have never went to overtime Miami would have won it in regulation.

Well you could argue the same thing about the 3 pointers that BOTH Lebron hit and Ray Allen hit at the very end of the 4th.  Bottom line is the game was back and forth at the end, very intense and fun to watch.

I think Duncan just lost some steam too.  Too old!

Old or not, he still should have been on the floor when Miami tied it on Ray Allen's 3 late in the fourth. James missed his 3, then Bosh (the tallest guy ont he floor at the time) rebounded and kicked it back out to Allen.

Also don't understand why the Spurs didn't call time at the end of OT to get Parker back in the game. With the way Ginobili has been lately, he's probably the last guy I'd want taking the last shot.

Around the Network

Well Dwight has always been overrated in my book the best move for him would be to go to Houston where he really doesn't need to be much of a offensive weapon he can just concentrate on rebounding and playing defense which is the best part of his game anyway. 

zexen_lowe said:
Updated the title...didn't post yesterday 'cause I was pissed. Anyway, Spurs choked the game away, also they needed to foul when up 3, I don't care if it's unsportsmanlike or whatever, you can't let anyone shoot a three there, play the free throw game and win it

Agreed Agreed Agreed! I wish the NBA would change the rule so the team already up by three can't simply foul the other team to keep them down, but since things are the way they are, I'm shouting at my screen, "FOUL THAT M**********! FOUL HIM!"

Chris Hu said:

Well Dwight has always been overrated in my book the best move for him would be to go to Houston where he really doesn't need to be much of a offensive weapon he can just concentrate on rebounding and playing defense which is the best part of his game anyway. 

Agreed, and as a Thunder fan, I am hoping he's too dumb to make that happen (although I think he could be just as dangerous if paired with Chris Paul though).

The Thunder need to get rid of Kendrick Perkins asap that's one of their major problems.  They probably need to change their head coach eventually too, right now probably be a good time to do so Lionel Hollins is a better coach then Brooks and he is available.  I don't know what is up with the Grizzlies but I think they are trying to implode the team so they can sell it to the guy that wanted to buy the Kings and move it to Seattle.

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:

How can you say his shooting needs to improve he posted his highest career shooting percentage for regular and three point shooting during the regular season (56.5% from the floor and 40.6% from three point range).  I doubt he can improve his shooting much the only thing he could improve is his free throw shooting because I think he is a good enough player to shoot over 80% from the line.

In the playoffs against good teams his shooting percentage is much worst.  He is great in the paint but he still has a hard time shooting outside of the paint.

Well in the playoffs pretty much everyones shooting goes down since teams play a lot better defense. 

Chris Hu said:

Well in the playoffs pretty much everyones shooting goes down since teams play a lot better defense. 

For the last two rounds it has been clear what people has been doing to James.  Take your chances on him shooting and he has failed miserablty at it.  He hasnt even played good in this series.  Last night he played good in the 4th quater but that was it.  

For an all time great James should be doing much better than he has been in the playoffs.

Chris Hu said:

The Thunder need to get rid of Kendrick Perkins asap that's one of their major problems.  They probably need to change their head coach eventually too, right now probably be a good time to do so Lionel Hollins is a better coach then Brooks and he is available.  I don't know what is up with the Grizzlies but I think they are trying to implode the team so they can sell it to the guy that wanted to buy the Kings and move it to Seattle.

Yeah, but OKC will have a tough time moving Perkins without taking back an equally bad contract in return. He's owed $18,631,779 over the next two seasons, so we're pretty much stuck with him, unless someone wants to take on his expiring contract the year after next. Otherwise, ain't nobody touchin' that.

JayWood2010 said:
Chris Hu said:

For the last two rounds it has been clear what people has been doing to James.  Take your chances on him shooting and he has failed miserablty at it.  He hasnt even played good in this series.  Last night he played good in the 4th quater but that was it.  

For an all time great James should be doing much better than he has been in the playoffs.

I was just about to say the same thing: everyone's FG% goes down since 1) you're playing the elite defenses, and  2) everyone has a lot more time to do their homework on you over the course of a series.

But the dude shot 11/26 last night. That's 42 percent: not outstanding, but not bad. So-so. But keep in mind he's playing the Spurs. The freaking Spurs. A top three team in defenseive efficiency. You want to know who else is in the top three? Memphis is #2, and Indiana is #1. The same Indiana that LeBron just got through beating. And before Indiana? Chicago, the eight-ranked team in terms of defensive efficiency. So in LeBron's current series plus his last two, he's faced/facing three top-10 defenses. How does his FG% not go down?

Oh and by the way, you're conveniently ignoring the fact that he recorded a triple double last night! 32 points, 10 rebounds, 11 assists. So it's not like he was just sitting on his hands when he wasn't shooting. Give the man a break.

http://www.teamrankings.com/nba/stat/defensive-efficiency